SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

power door problem need expert

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-11, 11:30 AM
pnoypips
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power door problem need expert

sorry ive done researched but cannot find the answer i wanted.

ok my problem. Since i got my 95 sc300 my power door lock problem.

problem when i got the car.
i can only unlock/lock one side from outside
when im on inside i can only unlock both side but cannot lock it. even though im on my driver or passenger side.

Now i changed the door lock actuator problem still exist ..
Checked all fuse they check out
checked all wire no loose wires or contacts.

Now my question is, is this normal for a 95? is there a solution on this problem? is there a main computer just for power door lock?
Old 12-04-11, 02:57 PM
pnoypips
Rookie

anyone have an idea?
Old 12-04-11, 03:30 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

Might be a wiring issue. Check to make sure u dont have any pinched or bare wiring
Old 12-04-11, 10:24 PM
pnoypips
Rookie

ill recheck again. im thinking the power door ecu? but does anyone know these go bad?
Old 12-05-11, 07:37 PM
pnoypips
Rookie

all wires are checked no spit or grounded.. now im thinking its the power door lock ecu
Old 12-06-11, 06:06 AM
Sciller
Driver

Do you have any battery drains? Im working out issues on my 92 that has a battery drain and the same lock problems...I didnt change out the actuators tho
Old 12-06-11, 04:45 PM
pnoypips
Rookie

Originally Posted by pminimi
Do you have any battery drains? Im working out issues on my 92 that has a battery drain and the same lock problems...I didnt change out the actuators tho
no battery drain on mine starts and charged perfect.. but cant figure out why my locked dont work..

Last edited by pnoypips; 12-06-11 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-06-11, 09:50 PM
scguy
Driver

ok u said u can lock and unlock in side but when ur out side u can lock but only 1 door now mu querstion is what door r u locking and is it the other door that dsnt lock like it soppose to if its that then u need a door lock mechanisum 4 that sid ebut if u lock it from oter side and it does the same thing escept now its the other side then yes it will 4 sure bu the computer 4 door locks 4 what ever reason its acting up, because obviously when u lock 1 side w/key both doors should lock, and u should b able tolock and unlock when ur inside if not then it could b somthing as simple as the littel white plastic piece, behing inner door handle needs to b adjusted u will c there is threading so it can have or take slack
Old 12-07-11, 05:39 PM
pnoypips
Rookie

Originally Posted by scguy
ok u said u can lock and unlock in side but when ur out side u can lock but only 1 door now mu querstion is what door r u locking and is it the other door that dsnt lock like it soppose to if its that then u need a door lock mechanisum 4 that sid ebut if u lock it from oter side and it does the same thing escept now its the other side then yes it will 4 sure bu the computer 4 door locks 4 what ever reason its acting up, because obviously when u lock 1 side w/key both doors should lock, and u should b able tolock and unlock when ur inside if not then it could b somthing as simple as the littel white plastic piece, behing inner door handle needs to b adjusted u will c there is threading so it can have or take slack

ok i can lock the door manually from the inside but when i use the switch to power lock it . it dont work. and you know when you lock the doors from the outside w/the key..to lock the door turn key twice to lock both door it dont work...to unlock both doors still dont work... so main thing is power door is useless on my car.. only have one option is unlock using the switch on the door panel.. this work on both side..now ive switch door lock actuolator still does the same thing.. NO expose wire.. my conclusion is the power door computer.. which i havent done testing it...
Old 12-08-11, 09:44 AM
scguy
Driver

Originally Posted by pnoypips
ok i can lock the door manually from the inside but when i use the switch to power lock it . it dont work. and you know when you lock the doors from the outside w/the key..to lock the door turn key twice to lock both door it dont work...to unlock both doors still dont work... so main thing is power door is useless on my car.. only have one option is unlock using the switch on the door panel.. this work on both side..now ive switch door lock actuolator still does the same thing.. NO expose wire.. my conclusion is the power door computer.. which i havent done testing it...
that has 2 b it if u need 1 lmk if ur in cali i got sc's 4 parts b glad to help u ur mre then welcome to stop by and test it and ull knw 4 sure and if u wnt part by it if not then u knw that that was it but if i had to guess that has tob it cuase in theory the locking systme is very simple n those caes that sounds like to me u did everythng i woukld have dne and that is the last thing and id bet that is ur problem well good luck brtha lmk if i can do new thing toi help ne mre
Old 12-09-11, 05:06 PM
pnoypips
Rookie

Originally Posted by scguy
that has 2 b it if u need 1 lmk if ur in cali i got sc's 4 parts b glad to help u ur mre then welcome to stop by and test it and ull knw 4 sure and if u wnt part by it if not then u knw that that was it but if i had to guess that has tob it cuase in theory the locking systme is very simple n those caes that sounds like to me u did everythng i woukld have dne and that is the last thing and id bet that is ur problem well good luck brtha lmk if i can do new thing toi help ne mre
yea im in cali.. im located in chino.. pmed you details...
Old 12-14-11, 03:47 PM
juanikun
Driver School Candidate

Did you figure this out yet? I've been having same problem. my power lock(Lock only) doesn't work. Now, I've tested all the circuit and they all work fine. I've used power probe to straightly control the circuit and both lock and unlock works. So just like you, I thought it was the power lock ECU for sure and I replaced and still don't work!! I'm out of ideas now...
Old 12-17-11, 03:23 PM
pnoypips
Rookie

Originally Posted by juanikun
Did you figure this out yet? I've been having same problem. my power lock(Lock only) doesn't work. Now, I've tested all the circuit and they all work fine. I've used power probe to straightly control the circuit and both lock and unlock works. So just like you, I thought it was the power lock ECU for sure and I replaced and still don't work!! I'm out of ideas now...

yea i just tested the power lock ecu still the same.. ive done what you have done still nothing.. imma recheck all my wires.. if i cant get this to work imma send the car to the alarm place and get it rewired and will install aftermarket alarm.
Old 07-13-12, 12:34 PM
lilnado
Rookie

anymore info on this im having this issue
Old 07-13-12, 01:10 PM
JIzzle
Driver School Candidate

me 2.

do you guys have aftermarket alarm systems installed in you sc's?

i thought that could be the reason why, if its not wired correctly but I havent tried it out yet

Quick Reply: power door problem need expert