SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

rear end setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 08:16 PM
bigblack08
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

naw i havent started yet ive always had mustangs and still do. For years ive always done all susp work first before i make the power because if u cant hook it there is no reason for the power. What about axles or anything and getting weight off the car. Thanks for the help everbody im going to get try a get some records in is car and win some money street racing
Old 12-14-11, 08:32 PM
VC455
Driver School Candidate

I'm sorry, but any car with 1400 rwh is in no way a street car. Even the Bugatti Veyron is no where near that in RWH (it's engine dyno HP) and it has all the engineering and technology money can buy. One can hang a set of plates on any race car and drive it around but, neither you or your car will be happy with each other for long. Having a true 450 rwh car with close to 600 pound feet of torque for more than a decade I have found that it's just about the most you can use on the steet. The fact is that there just is not room enough on any road to be able to use any much more than that amount of horsepower, unless doing time for manslaughter is appealing to you.

Last edited by VC455; 12-14-11 at 08:34 PM. Reason: -2 for spelling
Old 12-14-11, 08:40 PM
bigblack08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VC455
I'm sorry, but any car with 1400 rwh is in no way a street car. Even the Bugatti Veyron is no where near that in RWH (it's engine dyno HP) and it has all the engineering and technology money can buy. One can hang a set of plates on any race car and drive it around but, neither you or your car will be happy with each other for long. Having a true 450 rwh car with close to 600 pound feet of torque for more than a decade I have found that it's just about the most you can use on the steet. The fact is that there just is not room enough on any road to be able to use any much more than that amount of horsepower, unless doing time for manslaughter is appealing to you.
i dont know about that because my last mustang was a 06 gt that made 917rwhp and i drove it everday with no problems. Its all about how the car is setup
Old 12-14-11, 09:01 PM
durtysc300
Lexus Test Driver

the only real modification you'll REALLY need to make with 1400 horsepower for a street car is a LSD. Proper alignment is a must also. If you're planning on tracking the car, definitely look for some more adjustable end-links, lcas, ect.
Old 12-14-11, 09:18 PM
bigblack08
Driver School Candidate

Do they have a site i can go to
Old 12-14-11, 09:23 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

Just replace all your bushings and get yourself a rear end with an LSD. Are you going with a manual or automatic transmission?
Old 12-14-11, 09:36 PM
bigblack08
Driver School Candidate

Turbo 400 auto
Old 12-14-11, 11:04 PM
ZGagnon
Lead Lap

i will definitely follow his build thread once it gets going
Old 12-14-11, 11:12 PM
scguy
Driver

man i wnt my suspension to look lik e that
Old 12-14-11, 11:53 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scguy
man i wnt my suspension to look lik e that
Like Matt's (AroDaLob) SC or mine's?
Old 12-15-11, 05:11 AM
alblsnk
Driver School Candidate

I've known several people with street cars that are up there that I've ridden in. The CFT mustang for example. I used to live right up the street and I know for a fact that guy drives that thing everyday even in florida hurricane style rain.
Old 12-15-11, 05:25 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ummm, yeah. Maybe you should check out what goes down in South Florida. A lot of big numbers running around down here. My close friend himself runs around on 1100 all day, full trim, no reductions, built un-stroked motor, E85, on 20's. The car is beyond streetable with not a single hiccup or issue. So to say it's not a street car is dependent on what YOU consider streetable. You can have whatever power you want on the street, it just comes down to your ability to drive it and the setup on the car.
Old 12-15-11, 02:42 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

throw out the whole rear section and do a 4 link with a for 9" if you are really making 1400hp and you have alot or parts to pick from with a ford 9".. and it will still handle great..
Old 12-15-11, 03:08 PM
deathsled
Rookie

Some of you people are silly. It's not like the car is making 1000-1400hp constantly. With a turbo large enough to support that kind of power you are going to REALLY have to lay into the throttle at high rpm to be making those large numbers. You can *****foot around all day long at part throttle and make the same amount of power as a stock vehicle....
Old 12-15-11, 04:59 PM
ZachTriggs
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigblack08
Thanks for the help everbody im going to get try a get some records in is car and win some money street racing
lolololololololol

Quick Reply: rear end setup