SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

First SC300 in Starfire Pearl ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-11, 06:50 PM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not a Soarer, my donor Soarer was cut in pieces. I bought that car over 4 years ago from IAAI auction in Maryland, used to be Florida car.

It depends, my father imported 08 Range Rover from Canada not that long ago and if you know some tricks you can obey part of high taxes. There are companies that pick up cars from shipyard and deliver it to your place. It is worth a hassle when you are importing expensive or unique car, but i wouldn't send over there just random used one. 4 years ago when i imported my SC it was all good, but now they want like 50% of market value in Poland. Brand new Range Rover is like 80k $ in US, over there 180k $, so you can see a difference. Its so funny that average salary is approximate 1000$ per month and gas is 8$ for gallon.

Originally Posted by 1of120
Car is looking great. I was probably one of them that talked about doing it when my car was hit but didn't go through with it.
I know, ive seen pictures of your car. Really clean ! And i love clean headlights, i will definitely do a same mod next year. Just part about highbeams that are not as good as stock ones is a bad news.

Last edited by BeeMiX; 12-15-11 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-15-11, 07:52 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

BEEMIX, Nice SC! and I LOVE your choice of wheels.....Rays 18" 350z Track wheels! Hellavu wheel on the SC. Not sure I like the gold color with white but whatever floats your boat. BTW, I am running the same wheels on my SC300 but they are the stock silver color. Anyway good luck on your rebuild/repaint.
Old 12-15-11, 10:34 PM
FAT HEAD
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the color man great job!
Old 12-16-11, 01:55 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

$8.00 a gallon? Man thats rough.
Old 12-16-11, 03:13 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Starfire Pearl is actually white Lexus used from 2008+ cars. SC430 and LS have them as well
Old 12-16-11, 07:22 AM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BeeMiX
It looks like Lamborghini Ballon White for me
^ Correct it was Lambo Ballon White. Thats my old widebody sc

Starfire pearl is an amazing color. If I ever respray a car to white it would be that color
Old 12-17-11, 12:47 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

not trying to thread jack, but out of curiosity, it was mentioned that starfire pearl was a very hard shade to match, i was wondering how this would compare with the diamond white. paint code 051 if that helps.
Old 12-17-11, 01:07 AM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Originally Posted by levie
not trying to thread jack, but out of curiosity, it was mentioned that starfire pearl was a very hard shade to match, i was wondering how this would compare with the diamond white. paint code 051 if that helps.
I would say that it is impossible to paint just a single element on the car that you repairing and is painted in three stage white pearl. No matter if it is diamond or starfire pearl. I spoke to my coworker and he said that you always have to blend it with contacting elements. He also gave me an answer why my doors probably came out different being painted on the stand. When painter is shooting 2 stage (pearl) he has to count in mind how many layers (times he went with spreygun over it) he did. If number of layers of pearl on my door and rest of the car would match, color would match. Too early to judge, i have to see car in person. I just got few more pics:

Car during/before polishing

Originally Posted by eliteskill
^ Correct it was Lambo Ballon White. Thats my old widebody sc

Starfire pearl is an amazing color. If I ever respray a car to white it would be that color
I knew it! Ive been thinking about Ballon White, i see those Lambos on daily basis and I love that color, but I think it suits Lambo, Lexus should have something more classy, specially that mine one has a stock body. No offence, your car was amazing and perfect in the meaning of patch/style of modifications you have done !

Last edited by BeeMiX; 03-17-13 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-17-11, 12:36 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

cool man. thanks for your help.
Old 12-17-11, 12:39 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BeeMiX
Hello everyone,

Am I the first one that actually did it ?

Last year was really unfortunate for me. I have my 97 SC300 in Poland and Im there every summer and Christmas. In last few days of being there in summer 2010 i was rear ended by other car. When i went over there again in December somebody hit me again from a side. I haven't fix a car between those accidents, so i decided to buy donor car for body parts and engine. Yes, i imported Soarer TT from UK. After i was done with swap i left a car at body shop to get it fixed and to paint entire car. I decided to go 077 Starfire Pearl. I've seen topics that somebody wanted to do it, but i've never seen finished car. Mine is almost done so i can show you few pictures. Here we go.

Sorry for poor quality, im still in NY looking to go there next week, so its my father or owner of bodyshop that is taking a pictures. But nice photo session will be as soon as i get there!

I believe I met you on the SC Crew.. My names Chris I'm buying the cluster out of your soarer?
Old 12-17-11, 02:41 PM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Yup man, we are in touch
Old 12-17-11, 03:54 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

i would REALLY like to see some more pictures of this. the more i see that colour the more stunning
Old 07-26-12, 03:40 AM
BeeMiX
Rookie

Finally got some time to shoot few pictures

Im not too good with camera, i have to set up pro photo session with my friend

Last edited by BeeMiX; 03-17-13 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-26-12, 05:34 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best color for a SC
Old 07-26-12, 05:44 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

thts looks great. ur dad is a great painter.

Quick Reply: First SC300 in Starfire Pearl ?