SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Climate control

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-11, 07:18 AM
C3BlacIce
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate control

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a pin-out on the climate control unit for 92-95 sc300. Mine doesnt turn on but when i turn my lights on it lights up.??? Not sure if it's broke but i found another one for a good deal and can multimeter the 2 but need to know the pins for power,ground,acc etc. if anyone has it that'll be greatly appreciated.

also has anyone here pulled the harness before for it? input on difficult level and things to be aware of.. thanks fellows.
Old 12-15-11, 10:20 AM
scguy
Driver

well im not the smartest guy n the world but if it has power it means it wrks what u might wnt to cheak b 4 bying ne thng is cheaking ur blower motor to c if that is problem if all functions and displays seem to wrk that might b ur problem not the ac control lmk cause its simple test to knw if air comes out and u can control levels like hi 2 low the blower motor wrks if all the displays wrk and nothing is blowing or doing ne thing then its most like thet blower motor not ac control so its how u can cheak if ur screen is blacked out u can still usally c the top of the display and can still turn on heat and ac u still shouhld b able to test ,hate 4 u to spen $ u dnt have to is all im sayng
Old 12-15-11, 10:42 AM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a common issue with the SC, first check your cigarette lighter to see if any coins dropped in there causing a short. It's on the same circuit as the climate control. So when you short the cigarette lighter, it blows the fuse which the climate control also runs off of. Check both places.
Old 12-16-11, 05:31 AM
C3BlacIce
Driver School Candidate

thanks fellows i actually have checked both locations, @scguy: the display isn't showing anything, its just the lights around the buttons no air, heat or anything for some reason. And I figured it was getting power to hence the lights come on but pushing everything is blank. I'll look into the blower itself though again to make sure it wouldnt hurt.

@dougspeed-LMAO that was the first thing i checked, everywhere that i've read has had the same problem man i was highly upset that it wasn't the issue. But the advance is welcomed.

If anyone else has input on it i'd love to hear, but really would love that manual. Thanks.
Old 12-19-11, 07:46 AM
C3BlacIce
Driver School Candidate

Anyone pinout???