SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Door not opening.Yes I searched...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-11, 09:50 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door not opening.Yes I searched...

So my passenger door will NOT open.. It does not work from the inside nor the outside. I have taken off the inner door molding and exposed the door actuator. The little tab that the cable pulls on to release the door moves but will NOT open. I have searched, and every thread/post has been about the clips/cables etc. i just want to get my door open so I can swap out the actuator. The tab on the top moves all the way back as if it is ready to open yet it will not. Is the door stuck in the lock position? If so, how on earth do I "unlock" it? The key from outside the door wont realease it nor will the door locks on the inside. Any help would be awesome!
Old 12-17-11, 10:22 AM
scguy
Driver

ok the problem can b that the door lock mechanisum is messed up or jam in 2 instances #1 look to c if the rod coming out of white clear plastic box on insidde of door is connected to the hole in the door handle that controls opeing and closing frm outside, if it is then yes the door lock mech is messed up or jamed if it isnt u can put it in even if clip is broken or lift it up or push it dwn, if the cabel from the door lock broke off that then ur in a bad spot cause the cable 4 the door hande comes off door lock mech it just has a ball on end and pulls a lever, 1 time i had it all connected smae thing but the alligmnet on door was off so the wieght of the door was on the stricker of the door so i lifted the door up as i was pulling handle and pulling up on doo and wala open sesame, if, even if cable if door lock cable broke put window in up postion and remove croos memeber bar that has 3 screw holding it to door to give u more room and visabilty and u should b able to manuley w/a flat screw driver move it and open ur door. hope this helps i deal w/this porblem alot so im very familiar w/door and locking sysytem not a expert but ive done a few and have succesfully open them all
Old 12-17-11, 12:13 PM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by scguy
ok the problem can b that the door lock mechanisum is messed up or jam in 2 instances #1 look to c if the rod coming out of white clear plastic box on insidde of door is connected to the hole in the door handle that controls opeing and closing frm outside, if it is then yes the door lock mech is messed up or jamed if it isnt u can put it in even if clip is broken or lift it up or push it dwn, if the cabel from the door lock broke off that then ur in a bad spot cause the cable 4 the door hande comes off door lock mech it just has a ball on end and pulls a lever, 1 time i had it all connected smae thing but the alligmnet on door was off so the wieght of the door was on the stricker of the door so i lifted the door up as i was pulling handle and pulling up on doo and wala open sesame, if, even if cable if door lock cable broke put window in up postion and remove croos memeber bar that has 3 screw holding it to door to give u more room and visabilty and u should b able to manuley w/a flat screw driver move it and open ur door. hope this helps i deal w/this porblem alot so im very familiar w/door and locking sysytem not a expert but ive done a few and have succesfully open them all
Well basically there is nothing on the actuator inside the door. all cables are broken/removed.. The lever on the lock actuator itself moves back and forth as if it were opening the door, yet the door does not open. I got it opened twice before about 2 months ago, but stopped working when the door locked. As if it seized up or something. I can move the lever moves left and right and I can see it hitting the arm that opens the door, but it will not release.
Old 12-18-11, 01:17 PM
antonio356
Driver

Can you pull the lever by hand, the little bar?
Old 12-18-11, 07:43 PM
Justinizme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by antonio356
Can you pull the lever by hand, the little bar?
yes, I can move it all the way back. It opened before when I got access to it, but now it wont un-latch..
Old 01-19-12, 07:54 PM
Drifterkid
Driver School Candidate

have you figured it out im in the same situation right now