SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

New SC??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-11, 09:41 AM
fatkhoa
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SC??

I just saw this on facebook and wanted to see if any of you guys also think it could be a new concept for a SC, the way the door and sunroof looks its looks like a coupe:

"Take a look inside the concept vehicle Lexus will unveil Monday, January 9, at the Detroit Auto Show. The interior was artfully crafted by the designers at Calty in Newport Beach, Calif."

Old 12-19-11, 09:58 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Whhhhhhaaaaattttttt??????????
Old 12-19-11, 10:07 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

i gotta see this unveiling
Old 12-19-11, 12:34 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This could be the same BRZ/86 chassis so who knows. We'll have to wait and see
Old 12-19-11, 12:37 PM
tuterz
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i saw that on facebook too.. and was thinking a coupe.. too.. sc?
Old 12-20-11, 10:52 AM
Blaxxus
Rookie

Default What would you like to see in a next-gen Lexus SC? New Concept Rumored as Lexus LF-LC

Saw the article below on the autoguide.com facebook page. Seems like this new Lexus luxury coupe concept just could be the next generation Lexus SC. If it is......

What would you like to see in a next-gen Lexus SC?

In the run-up to the Detroit Auto Show this January, Lexus has teased a new concept car twice, first showing an aggressive exterior, and then a futuristic interior. Now comes word that the vehicle in question may wear the “LF-LC” badge when it is fully uncovered.

That code says almost all of what we need to know about the car, starting with the LF, which stands for Lexus Future, signifying it is in fact a concept. Next is the second L, which if you take a look at other L models in the Lexus lineup, is a sign that this is a true luxury machine – take the Lexus LS for example.

Finally there’s the C, which is a strong indication that this concept car is a coupe (or perhaps even a convertible).

That said, the LF-LC is likely a concept car aimed at showing the next generation Lexus SC. Of note, there’s no “h” used in the nomenclature, suggesting this model won’t be a hybrid – an unusual move for the luxury brand.
source: http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...ury-coupe.html
Old 12-20-11, 10:57 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

Nothing new age or futuristic like the picture looks.

Just a newer, more up to date Sc, maybe a 5 litre putting out some nice numbers.

Sleeker, lower, faster 5 speed option.

hate to mention it again but they really dropped the ball on the sc430 , it would be nice to see them make up for it.
Old 12-20-11, 11:00 AM
Blaxxus
Rookie

Even though lexus didn't add "h" suggesting that this model won't be a hybrid, do you guys think a hybrid is still possible?

I agree that they dropped the ball on the SC430, still a cool car but they could of done better. Can't wait for the NAIAS 2012 to see what this unveiled concept will look like.
Old 12-20-11, 11:15 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Nothing new age or futuristic like the picture looks.

Just a newer, more up to date Sc, maybe a 5 litre putting out some nice numbers.

Sleeker, lower, faster 5 speed option.

hate to mention it again but they really dropped the ball on the sc430 , it would be nice to see them make up for it.
took the words right out of my mouth
Old 12-20-11, 11:26 AM
VINCE9164
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since everything these days is boosted, like the new KIA.. this should be the boosted as well. I mean a luxury, gas efficient, and fast vehicle to compete with the newer BMW 330i?
Old 12-20-11, 11:31 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2011/12/20/the-lexus-lf-lc/

According to the Lexus Netherlands blog, the new concept set to debut at the Detroit Auto Show is called the LF-LC.

Although it’s only four letters, knowing the name gives some insight into what we can expect in January — let’s break it down:

The LF is the standard code for a Lexus concept, and stands for Lexus Future.
The second L is more difficult to decipher. From my understanding, the L in both the LS & LX stands for “luxury”, and if the same holds here, it would suggest that this new concept is at the high-end of the lineup — an idea backed up by the level of luxury in the interior shot released today.
Finally, the C would indicate that we’re looking at a coupe (or a convertible coupe, though I doubt it).
One letter that’s missing is a lowercase h, which could mean the LF-LC will be the first non-hybrid concept from Lexus since the original LF-A concept in 2005.

If anything, it’s that second L that reinforces my hope that we’re looking at a design study of the next-generation SC — combine that with the interior we saw today, and a new SC concept has to be the odds-on favorite to be revealed on January 9th.
Old 12-20-11, 11:33 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

threads merged
Old 12-20-11, 11:33 AM
GitFast
Driver School Candidate

I want it to Have a straight six engine, I beleive Lexus(Toyota) should keep the inline six alive in sports cars and this would be the perfect model to do that with.
Old 12-20-11, 11:35 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

check out that front tire size 265/35/21

Even for a concept a 21" wheel is huge.
Old 12-20-11, 06:20 PM
1gzfeTurbo
Driver School Candidate

I think it would be cool if they gave it a long nose and revisited the old inline 6, maybe a variant of the 2JZ-FSE or something along those lines. Either that or the LFA's 1LR-GUE... now that would be hot. Maybe paddle shifters and a dual clutch setup... A man can dream, right?

Quick Reply: New SC??