SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Introducing myself and my car...New to the community

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-11, 08:58 AM
8kpsshh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing myself and my car...New to the community

Hey guys just thought I'd write a introduction post. I used to have a 92 240sx coupe w/ a ca18det back in 2000 then I got out of the game for a while but have been itching to have a car that I can toy with during the weekends..... After about a decade I picked up this a few weeks ago.

A one owner 1993 SC300 w/ 147k miles in just about mint condition (no rips,rust, dents) for $3500, only issue was it needed the power steering pump replaced (taken care of). Replaced timing belt and transmission flush.

I'm just trying to figure out a good way to go mod wise... as I've found out.... it is much more expensive to mod than a 240sx (duh). From my research it seems like na-t, 1jz or 2jz are all about 5k when its said and done, I may just wait until something goes wrong to justify one of those routes.....

I've just purchased some megan racing coilovers and may try to find some of the 350z anniversary wheels or some 18" g35 wheels for a good clean look.... Sorry for rambling, just wanted to introduce and see what you guys thought of the new car and maybe get suggestions for mods. Thanks

-Rick
Attached Thumbnails Introducing myself and my car...New to the community-driverfront.jpg   Introducing myself and my car...New to the community-driverrear.jpg   Introducing myself and my car...New to the community-engine.jpg   Introducing myself and my car...New to the community-passengerfront.jpg   Introducing myself and my car...New to the community-passinterior.jpg  

Old 12-22-11, 09:06 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You weren't lying, that thing is fresh.

You can also build a decent NA-T kit for less than $2,000. Check out the classified section on club lexus, supra forums, and club NA-T and you'll piece it all together in no time.
Old 12-22-11, 09:15 AM
nlc
Pole Position

my twin except mine has tan interior...all i can say is damn that thing CLEEEEEEAAAN!
Old 12-22-11, 09:15 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

Very clean. Welcome.
Old 12-22-11, 09:29 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to CL, may your stay be enjoyable! Clean find too! 147K there's a lot more left on that engine. Trust me! I would go NA-T and later a 5spd swap. For right now, the suspension is a great start! Have you thought about which wheels you like? Some really good deals in the CL wheel classifieds too! Either way, good luck and thanks for sharing!

steve
Old 12-22-11, 09:59 AM
8kpsshh
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the good feedback guys!.... I was looking for an SC for about a month looking on craigslist looking in surrounding areas... and I actually got lost when I was looking and stumbled on an ad in Pennsylvania (im in VA) and decided it was worth the 250 mile trip to go pick it up.

The one thing that worries me about NA-t is reliability/drivability... I dont want a street monster but maybe something thats very quick. 300hp would be fine... I wonder if this would be possible by using just an safc II and stock ECU on a NA-T setup?

As for wheels I'd like something soon (gotta get rid of the wind turbines ASAP lol). I'd like something that looks clean, not necessarily "Hey look at me"....

Last edited by 8kpsshh; 12-22-11 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-22-11, 11:50 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the SC world. That thing is real clean. Your right get rid of the wind tunnels for wheels asap. Lol
Old 12-22-11, 11:54 AM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum, very clean ride man congrats!

As for 300hp I think you might as well keep the stock engine no?
Old 12-22-11, 12:11 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

very clean ride man.. nice pick up..
In addition to the coilovers, I would check on the LCA bushings, steering rack bushings and replace them prior to or during the process of installing the coilovers..
Old 12-22-11, 12:19 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice find, very clean car.

As far as NA-T issues, if your only looking for 300ish HP then I would suggest going Aristo 2JZ swap. Cleaner, quicker to install, 300HP out of the box.
Old 12-22-11, 12:30 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus
Forum Moderator

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

congrats and welcome to CL
Old 12-22-11, 12:58 PM
8kpsshh
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys!

Luv2xl... Thanks, Im gonna look into that!

Toyboxx.... Honestly I've never even really put much thought into a 2jz aristo swap.... I suppose I was looking for the quickest swap with the least amount of downtime. I did a quick look around and couldn't find much info around on that particular swap (how-to), have any links that would be handy? (I tried googling but could only find cars with the swap for sale). Does the aristo having a front sump matter?
Old 12-22-11, 01:23 PM
BeansIS
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Look at how plush those seats are!! mmmmm... nice!
Old 12-22-11, 01:41 PM
Vortes
Lead Lap

For your power goal, i would say NA-T. Probably wouldnt even need to change the head gasket, you can get 300hp easy without going over 9psi im 99% sure, but i dont know for certain. Ill wait for someone else to chime in lol. Also, this should be way less work than a full gte swap.
Old 12-22-11, 02:08 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 8kpsshh
Thanks guys!

Luv2xl... Thanks, Im gonna look into that!

Toyboxx.... Honestly I've never even really put much thought into a 2jz aristo swap.... I suppose I was looking for the quickest swap with the least amount of downtime. I did a quick look around and couldn't find much info around on that particular swap (how-to), have any links that would be handy? (I tried googling but could only find cars with the swap for sale). Does the aristo having a front sump matter?

Well the Aristo is basically a direct drop in (besides changing from front sump to rear sump) But below is a link where a guy swapped in an Aristo in 4.5 hours. So that seems pretty speedy to me, and would be the least amount of down time.

Swap starts on page 6

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...d-threads.html

Quick Reply: Introducing myself and my car...New to the community