SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Help on SC

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-11, 09:40 AM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Help on SC

Ok everyone ive owned an es300 coach edition and its slammed with other stuff but ive always wanted an sc well ive found one threw a buddy of mine... and he is taking me to go look at it today, apparently it has tien coilovers, wheels, full exhaust, indash gps, the car is green and has about 170,000 on the body, with tan interior, the car has a motor and tran swap, it has the vvti 1jz single turbo, with a w56 tranny.... i dnt have any pics but ill try and take some when i go look at it to get yalls full opinion because i now if there isnt pics then it doesnt excise.. oh an the guy works on the oil rig so he has no time for the car so he was selling it for 6k but he said because im in the Army that he would give it to me for 3,500.... idk if thats a great deal or not.. but id like yalls input about it....
Old 12-27-11, 10:11 AM
lmfod
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its legit and running that's an awesome deal. Are u sure its not a w58?
Old 12-27-11, 10:21 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

sounds free..or stolen lol
Old 12-27-11, 10:26 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOUNDS like a great deal, but I'd want to take it out for a spin. And I dont mean a leisurely stroll through the gears- stomp on it hard. See what kind of reactions you get from coming to a dead stop, acceleration, shimmies. etc; this seller is marketing it as a toy, so make sure he didn't bury it in the backyard, as it were.

Damn, it's good to be back on CL!
Old 12-27-11, 10:37 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

1JZ VVTI engine

:drools:

Only $3,500!!! I'd steal the money from my moms purse if I didn't have enough.
Old 12-27-11, 12:30 PM
lmfod
Driver

Tabaka u will do all sorts of unsavory things lol
Old 12-27-11, 12:36 PM
4thHorsemn
Pole Position

I agree... without pictures IT DOESN'T EXIST!!! lol jk, sounds like a steal to me. You better jump on that.
Old 12-27-11, 07:30 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

nice guy to give you such a good discount for serving your country. obviously get it inspected and make sure everything checks out, but id go for it.
Old 12-27-11, 08:04 PM
taylor404
Driver School Candidate

wow, 3,500 thats good deal. If you go look at it and its running okay, id buy it then
Old 12-27-11, 08:23 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lmfod
If its legit and running that's an awesome deal. Are u sure its not a w58?
Lol ya it runs from what im told i didnt get to look at it today didnt have time and i thought that the w56 and the w58 are pretty much the same thing idk..... and all i knw is that its the standard tranny that comes in a stock sc300 not one swaped from a supra

Originally Posted by brerrabbit
SOUNDS like a great deal, but I'd want to take it out for a spin. And I dont mean a leisurely stroll through the gears- stomp on it hard. See what kind of reactions you get from coming to a dead stop, acceleration, shimmies. etc; this seller is marketing it as a toy, so make sure he didn't bury it in the backyard, as it were.

Damn, it's good to be back on CL!
Of course ima step on it and make sure that its actually a good running car not one that has just been slapped together and cant rag on...

Originally Posted by Tabaka
1JZ VVTI engine

:drools:

Only $3,500!!! I'd steal the money from my moms purse if I didn't have enough.
Now i dnt knw much about the VVTI 1jz ive hered good things and bad things i knw that it can have a check engine light when the old one dnt even have that when you swap them and i knw that they are the newer version of the 1jz..

and about the tranny ive hered that the w56 suck realy bad and break all the time would it b better to just swap it for a r154??? and does anyone knw how much that would run me???
Old 12-27-11, 08:29 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by levie
nice guy to give you such a good discount for serving your country. obviously get it inspected and make sure everything checks out, but id go for it.
Ya i thought the same thing and he also said its cuz he just wants to get ride of the car... he said he has too many projects and it apparently has current tags..

Originally Posted by taylor404
wow, 3,500 thats good deal. If you go look at it and its running okay, id buy it then
Ya im hoping its not too good to be true.. and he said its his one daily project driver... idk he may just be lieing...
Old 12-27-11, 08:32 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 424 Likes on 348 Posts

That's a great deal! I would have everything checked out by a mechanic, unless you can do it yourself. It sounds to good to be true.
Old 12-28-11, 10:05 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Ok i went to go look at the car and it was in pretty good condition regular ageing on the out side.... it started great with no prb. the inside is a little taken apart because he is redoing some things and he also had to change the fuel pump so he had to take the back seat out it needs a power steering pump and houses because they both are out it need full tune up spark plugs oil change mayb even the packer coil idk about that yet it has a full exhaust and the car actually only has 161,000 miles on the body and about 50,000 on the motor.... and also the inner cooler pipeing was put together cheaply what i like to call a Auto Zone special and the bumper isnt in the picture but its there and in good condition and the car has a clean title witch is good... so let me knw what yall think of it threw the pics and if its still a good deal?????
Attached Thumbnails Help on SC-aef.jpg   Help on SC-get-attachment.aspx.jpg   Help on SC-asdfwe.jpg   Help on SC-get-at.jpg   Help on SC-get-attach.jpg  

Old 12-28-11, 10:09 PM
DplanDman8
Pole Position

Here are some more pictures.....
Attached Thumbnails Help on SC-get-atent.aspx.jpg   Help on SC-get-attacent.aspx.jpg   Help on SC-get-attachment.ax.jpg   Help on SC-gtachment.aspx.jpg   Help on SC-get-attachment.aspx.jpg  

Old 12-28-11, 10:49 PM
lmfod
Driver

Sounds all legit I would go for it. It wouldn't take much to make it a stunning car its already got a good start.

Quick Reply: Help on SC