SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

No Sunglasses In Japan

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-02, 08:56 PM
Snowman9000
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sunglasses In Japan

They must not have sunglasses in Japan? Otherwise, how could they have designed the A/C and radio displays in this car the way they did? I cannot see the displays at all in the daylight while I'm wearing sunglasses.
Old 10-15-02, 09:31 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Use higher quality non-polarized glasses.
Old 10-16-02, 01:11 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by MadMaxSC400
Use higher quality non-polarized glasses.
Heh, there is nothing higher quality than polarized glasses. Just letting you know. I wear them all the time and have no problems other than when I turn my head 90 deg. to the right. Most of the time good companies like Revo make their polarized filters in a horizontal alingment so you don't have problems seeing LCDs when keeping the head streight.

Chris
Old 10-16-02, 01:17 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I personally don't like polarized, but that's why I said higher quality.. non polarized just to be sure
Old 10-16-02, 01:20 AM
DIrEctQL

I personally don't like polarized, but that's why I said higher quality.. non polarized just to be sure
Polarized is the best thing out there. It's just simply small little lines that capture a certain wavelenght of light. Very good idea and I enjoy looking at the world with yellow/brighter eyes.
Old 10-16-02, 01:20 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polarized is the only way to go. Nothing protects the eyes better while letting in more light. I like Maui Jims, but my Oakleys aren't bad either. Much improved contrast without all that damn glare!
Old 10-16-02, 01:24 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by lex400sc
Polarized is the only way to go. Nothing protects the eyes better while letting in more light. I like Maui Jims, but my Oakleys aren't bad either. Much improved contrast without all that damn glare!
Glare is different. I am pretty sure polarization doesn't get rid of glare and there is another layer/filter that gets rid of glare. My personal favorite and the best bang for the buck are Revos. They usually come with all the filters unlike other brands.

Chris
Old 10-16-02, 01:24 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Polarized is the best thing out there. It's just simply small little lines that capture a certain wavelenght of light. Very good idea and I enjoy looking at the world with yellow/brighter eyes.
Actually polarized lenses block out all visible light on half the len. Take two polzarized lenses, overlap them, tilt one 90-degrees, and you see nothing but black.
Old 10-16-02, 01:27 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by lex400sc

Actually polarized lenses block out all visible light on half the len. Take two polzarized lenses, overlap them, tilt one 90-degrees, and you see nothing but black.
Like I said "It's just simply small little lines that capture a certain wavelenght of light." They do nothing for the glare. You need different filters for that.
Old 10-16-02, 01:43 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by DIrEctQL
Glare is different. I am pretty sure polarization doesn't get rid of glare and there is another layer/filter that gets rid of glare. My personal favorite and the best bang for the buck are Revos. They usually come with all the filters unlike other brands.

Chris
Yeah, I know. I was just saying my Oakleys get rid of glare too. That's what the gold-colored filter does. There's also a UV-A/B filter and polarizing filter. It's all polycarbonate films anyway....
Old 10-16-02, 01:49 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Polarized lenses have an odd effect on my eyes, I don't like them. I see distortions and strange effects... even with Revos... so i wear Oakley Romeos with non-polarized lenses.
http://oakley.com/mad_science/lens_transmission/ < light ratios and allowances in their lenses, interesting read
Old 10-16-02, 01:58 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Cool link MadMax, these are mine...

http://oakley.com/ostore/eyewear/a_wire/

Old 10-16-02, 02:05 AM
DIrEctQL

Polarized lenses have an odd effect on my eyes, I don't like them. I see distortions and strange effects... even with Revos... so i wear Oakley Romeos with non-polarized lenses.
http://oakley.com/mad_science/lens_transmission/ < light ratios and allowances in their lenses, interesting read
You may be color blind or have some other kind of a problem with your eyes. I don't know anyone who has such problems. Hopefully you're not one of them 2D/flat image people. This problem has been known to lead the people into psyhological imbalance (crazy). My ex-co-worker had that problem and man o man, what a fruit he was. Hehehe. Don't quote me on all of this, I am not a doctor. LOL!

Chris

Last edited by DIrEctQL; 10-16-02 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-16-02, 02:10 AM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I can see and discern any type of color, from what I'm told my eyes have a stronger sensitivity to certain types of light and I can see out of the normal range. That, and my eyesight is significantly better than 20/20.
Old 10-16-02, 02:20 AM
DIrEctQL

I can see and discern any type of color, from what I'm told my eyes have a stronger sensitivity to certain types of light and I can see out of the normal range. That, and my eyesight is significantly better than 20/20.
LOL. You remind me of that commercial you see on TV nowdays about this kid trying to exercise his non-existant X-ray vision on the girls locker room.

Chris