SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

BodyKit Questions (AutoCouture Vs. 97+Stock Vs. Vertex)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-12, 10:15 PM
StuntKing
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BodyKit Questions (AutoCouture Vs. 97+Stock Vs. Vertex)

Whats up guys, my car is in need of a paint job so i've been looking at different styles I may go with but want to figure things out before I make up my mind.

Right now my car has 97+ front bumper & side skirts, but Im going for an aggressive stock look since there are alot of vettes and a few vipers around my area. So far im thinking: 97+ Front Bumper with CF Lip, AC/Vertex/97+ side skirts, and AC or Vertex Rear

1) Whats the difference between the Auto Couture front bumper & 97+ Front bumper besides the extra inch or 2 added to the bottom of the AC bumper? Is the center opening (where an Intercooler would go) on the AC bumper bigger?

2) Will the vertex widebody kit fit with an AC front/rear bumper or 97+ Front/rear Bumper?

What do you guys think I should go with? THanks
Old 01-11-12, 11:04 PM
LuNaSc3
Driver School Candidate

IMO for an agressive stock look either full vertex/97+ front w/ lip and vertex side&rear
Old 01-12-12, 12:44 AM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

I'd say keep your clean 97 look, that's my style of SC. The CF lip would be an awesome touch. If I were to get a kit thought I'd say I favor the AC for sure..
Old 01-12-12, 12:48 AM
StuntKing
Driver

Well now I just noticed that my oval exhaust tips mite not look or fit right with the vertex...
Old 01-12-12, 12:53 AM
fatkhoa
Pit Crew

what exhaust are you running right now

Originally Posted by StuntKing
Well now I just noticed that my oval exhaust tips mite not look or fit right with the vertex...
Old 01-12-12, 01:13 AM
StuntKing
Driver

Right now I have stock exhaust but will be going with a full 3"setup with either magnaflows or flowmasters with oval tips
Old 01-12-12, 01:19 AM
fatkhoa
Pit Crew

im putting on my exhaust tomorrow,magnaflow 14829, and i have a vertex rear ill take a picture for you so you can get an idea of how it would look

Right now I have stock exhaust but will be going with a full 3"setup with either magnaflows or flowmasters with oval tips
Old 01-12-12, 01:28 AM
StuntKing
Driver

ok, but I'm using different tips than what comes with those mufflers. When I google magnaflow 14829, all I see are circular tips. To me that looks plain, & supra-made exhaust look ricey for the style I'm going for.

Heres some pics of mine...

Old 01-12-12, 06:25 AM
StuntKing
Driver

I need a measurement of how wide the exhaust opening is on the vertex rear and a/c rear. I think my tips mite b to wide...
Old 01-12-12, 08:13 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

imo the autocourture body kit just flows well. but if ur gonna go for the agressive look i would go with a full vertex kit. just my .02. i as well am looking for a body kit. i was gonna go for the ac kit cause it just flows so well
Old 01-12-12, 08:52 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

2) Will the vertex widebody kit fit with an AC front/rear bumper or 97+ Front/rear Bumper?
not with out doing custom work on the front bumper.
Old 01-12-12, 09:07 AM
StuntKing
Driver

Originally Posted by wirelesstj
imo the autocourture body kit just flows well. but if ur gonna go for the agressive look i would go with a full vertex kit. just my .02. i as well am looking for a body kit. i was gonna go for the ac kit cause it just flows so well
i agree but i dont want to have that "racer" type look. Like i said, there are alot of vettes in my area & i hang out with my friend & his dad alot & my friends dad is apart of a viper club. They all go out and race at Sebring (Florida), they also have meets that include other exotics (Audi R8's, Couple Ferreari's, & SLS AMG to name a few). So I want my car to look aggressive, fast, exotic, and clean but want that factory look to it.

In a way, i know i'm out of my league (appearance wise) but i think the SC can still pull it off if done right
Old 01-12-12, 09:09 AM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do not mix and match Vertex and Auto Couture. They will not flow together. What CF lip for the SC. I've owned 4 of them and have never seen one. For the 92-96 bumpers yes, but not '97+. Carbon fiber doesn't scream aggressive. You want aggressive get a full Vertex kit, get some 12 inch wide wheels in the rear and some 315 width tires. Have some power to back it up and go scare some Viper's and Vette's. Where in FL are you located. Down here in S. FL the Viper's, 'Vette's, Lambo's, and etc are scared of us stock. I'm just kidding.

Vertex '97+ Lip kit (requires full Vertex rear bumper)

Full Vertex kit

Auto Couture

Old 01-12-12, 09:11 AM
StuntKing
Driver

Originally Posted by Biggu
not with out doing custom work on the front bumper.
which do you think would be easier to do? the stock front bumper, or the a/c front bumper? I have no knowledge in bodywork or anything but the reason why i ask is, would it make a difference since the 2 front bumpers in question are made of different materials?

also how do you guys think that will look? Like i said, i have no knowledge in bodywork or anything but im imagining the front bumper being extended/streched to fit to the fenders?
Old 01-12-12, 09:38 AM
StuntKing
Driver

Originally Posted by TougeSC3
Do not mix and match Vertex and Auto Couture. They will not flow together. What CF lip for the SC. I've owned 4 of them and have never seen one. For the 92-96 bumpers yes, but not '97+. Carbon fiber doesn't scream aggressive. You want aggressive get a full Vertex kit, get some 12 inch wide wheels in the rear and some 315 width tires. Have some power to back it up and go scare some Viper's and Vette's. Where in FL are you located. Down here in S. FL the Viper's, 'Vette's, Lambo's, and etc are scared of us stock. I'm just kidding.

Full Vertex kit

Auto Couture

I was going to have a CF lip made for my 97+bumper if there wasn't a company who produces them already. And for some reason, in some pics, the vertex kit looks real good, aggressive and clean while other pics, like the one above, make it look cheap to me for some reason idk.

The AutoCouture Kit looks reallll nice, but at the same time i would like to be able to fit the 12" wide wheels and 315 tires also .

How possible and how does everyone think it will look, to have an a/c front bumper sides (possible rear) with vertex wide front & rear fenders? Also, how possible and how would it look to get a full a/c kit and have custom fenders or flares made?

Quick Reply: BodyKit Questions (AutoCouture Vs. 97+Stock Vs. Vertex)