SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 Antenna issues - Wiring Chaos!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-12, 06:08 PM
cynbird
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation SC300 Antenna issues - Wiring Chaos!!

Sorry if this has already been addressed here, but after a few searches, I'm not finding what I need to know. I'm not an electrician but can be pretty savvy with DIY fixit stuff, so I'm hoping this is an easy fix. My Power Antenna doesn't work at all. NO motor noise or anything, however the radio works just fine. I located the power antenna assy in the trunk and I'm thinking that the wiring has been completely botched up. Can't seem to find any wiring diagrams that make sense, or maybe I just can't figure them out. Here is a pic of what I'm working with:

Are all of the wires from the bunch at the top used in the power antenna assy? Seems like a lot. Or do them go off to another location from the larger white plug, which plugs into the bottom of the antenna assy? As far as I can tell, it's all original stereo equipment - the radio/tape/CD player in the cabin, the 5 CD changer in the trunk, and what looks like an amp also in the trunk. Can't tell if the speakers were ever replaced or not. Not sure why anyone would mess with the wiring though unless they were putting in new speakers, but I don't know what all those wires are supposed to go to... Any help would be much appreciated! (as well as recommendations for joining the appropriate wires together.)

Thanks!
-Cyndie