Hihopes SC

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-12, 07:58 AM
hihopes
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalogerus
Now its time to add a plastic piece underneath the radio

Good deal! Welcome to the sc world. Enjoy the ride!
yup! am i gunna have to make my own little piece to fit that hole? or do they sell some type of filler?

Last edited by hihopes; 01-20-12 at 11:39 AM. Reason: typos
Old 01-20-12, 08:38 AM
hihopes
Pole Position

since it wont let me post in the classifieds just yet, ill ask here.
does anyone have an extra keyfob up for sale with the code HYQWDT-C on the back? or atleast know where i can purchase one without blowing all my $$$$

also, the car only came with a valet key.. can i just go to a locksmith to get another key or do they have chips in them?

Last edited by hihopes; 01-20-12 at 11:39 AM. Reason: more typos
Old 01-20-12, 11:34 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Good deal for the money, I'd rock it! However though there are reasons the site has classified restrictions so do not work around them.
Old 01-20-12, 11:55 AM
Str8sikk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stereo issue is a bad ground, or bad power wire connected somewhere......make sure its wired correctly
Old 01-20-12, 01:24 PM
hihopes
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Str8sikk
Stereo issue is a bad ground, or bad power wire connected somewhere......make sure its wired correctly
awesome thanks! two friends told me also, so im glad i know its definitely that. ill try to take a look at all the grounds the next warm day hopefully.
Old 01-20-12, 03:23 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 446 Likes on 368 Posts

You got a good deal on that SC! It looks pretty clean and you've got the rare two-tone interior.

As far as the buzzing noise coming through the radio, my guess would be that the factory amp needs to be bypassed. My SC300 did this when I put in an aftermarket radio and the only way to fix it is through bypassing the factory amp or powering your speakers through the headunit/aftermarket amp instead of the factory one.
Old 01-20-12, 03:53 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

nice deal man.
Old 01-21-12, 02:31 AM
hihopes
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
You got a good deal on that SC! It looks pretty clean and you've got the rare two-tone interior.

As far as the buzzing noise coming through the radio, my guess would be that the factory amp needs to be bypassed. My SC300 did this when I put in an aftermarket radio and the only way to fix it is through bypassing the factory amp or powering your speakers through the headunit/aftermarket amp instead of the factory one.
yeah its clean but it still needs a lot of work to make it run nicely. already had the check engine light come on and had to buy an O2 sensor. first time working under the hood of the sc was pretty easy.

now i think the amp is aftermarket as well. i looked in the trunk and if i remember correctly, its a kenwood amp. im gunna pop the headunit out today hopefully and check that everythings good there first
Old 01-22-12, 05:29 AM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hihopes
im actually out in staten island. yeah i mean it definitely is a clean car, although it needs some fixing up.
Nice! Im right over the Goethals and work in Perth Amboy right over the Outer Crossing. Nice to see another SC not too far.
Old 01-22-12, 05:56 PM
hihopes
Pole Position

thanks for all the positive comments guys. im getting used to the sc pretty quickly and loving it. i drove it for the first time in the snow the other day and it wasnt bad at all. the traction control kept assisting me which was pretty cool since i didnt even know it had that haha.

I got hell of a lot of work to do, which will take time being that im a full time student and i just got promoted at my job. but heres my list of upcoming stuff i gotta do:
-exhaust leak
-hole in dash from double din radio
-fix bad grounds for radio
-crack on both door panels under the window
-refinish cloudy headlights
-refinish fog lights
-replace parking brake boot
-thorough clean, wash, wax
-complete tune up

i think thats all for now.. after i do all of this i think ill enjoy the car stock for a bit, if i plan to mod at all.
Old 01-22-12, 07:33 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty
Senior Moderator

Received 76 Likes on 39 Posts

It looks like its a two tone interior too.

It actually looks like my old SC. Mine was popped in 04' (Backed in to mailbox) Previous owner before me.

Take a picture of he shift PRND bezel...I can tell right away if it was mine.
Although my old 2tone left me with tinted windows. I did still have the GT+4 on the spare.
Old 01-22-12, 08:02 PM
DriftVIP
Rookie

Nice! Your car looks exactly like mine except the two tone interior
Old 01-22-12, 08:03 PM
2JTsc300
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my 93 sc300 is doin the same buzzing noise. i swapped a factory 96 unit in mine and that when it started doing it. i only drive it on the weekend and if i turn up the volume i cant hear it. but let us know what u find so i can check mine.
Old 01-23-12, 09:38 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, he's right... The rear does seem a bit high. I'm rolling stock and mine sits lower.
Old 01-23-12, 12:45 PM
hihopes
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2JTsc300
my 93 sc300 is doin the same buzzing noise. i swapped a factory 96 unit in mine and that when it started doing it. i only drive it on the weekend and if i turn up the volume i cant hear it. but let us know what u find so i can check mine.
for sure, ill let you know. once i get the filler piece in for the radio im going to check all the headunit wires. if theyre all clean then im probably just going to bring it to someone since i know next to nothing about wiring the amp and all.

Quick Reply: Hihopes SC