SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Two Tone Seat - Yea or Nay

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-02, 10:04 PM
markmaz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Two Tone Seat - Yea or Nay

Hey Guys. I've lost touch with what is cool and what is ricey, so I wanted to see what you guys have to say about the look of an SC with two tone seats.

My wife's 93 SC is black with gold emblems, the Lexus "L" on the center of the wheels gold, and a thin double gold stripe down the side. The only other appearance feature is a rear spoiler.

I'm definitely going to re-cover the leather interior in the next few weeks as soon as we get the group buy together. Sure, nice new OEM looking leather will look great, but I'm really, really intrigued by the sporty look of the two tone seats. I'm thinking about the yellow perforated center but don't know how it would look with the sandstone (beige). Or, maybe I'll go with black and yellow seats.

What do you guys think? Any serious suggestions on a color scheme that would go with the black exterior? Thanks

(PS- I know some of you guys don't like the gold emblems, but I'm sorry, its one feature that I absolutely love, so please be kind with your comments about that)
Old 10-19-02, 10:17 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Can you clarify what you are considering.

Factory Sandstone Beige with YELLOW perforated centers?

Or

Black with yellow inserts?

I think the factory color is just fine. If you want a two-tone maybe considered the darker oak dashboard color with the sandstone. I do not think your really want yellow.

MW
Old 10-19-02, 11:20 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First: what color is your interior? Second: I don't think notice-me-yellow looks good anywhere near the SC.
Old 10-19-02, 11:37 PM
markmaz
Driver School Candidate

The interior is the OEM "beige" for 1993 model year.

My first thought is to go with the color that looks most like the original, which is "sandstone" color from Leatherseats.com, but every time I see a car with a two tone seat, to me, it just looks so sharp. And usually, the "second" color is a bright color such as red or yellow.

The neutral look of the OEM color has me stumped. Eric at Leatherseats e-mailed me a two tone seat with a darker, brownish colored insert, but to me it looked kind of bland.

If we want to think of these SC's as racing type cars, why not get just a little racey with the look. Afterall, I'm only thinking about doing the center part of the two front seats, and not they entire interior in yellow, or whatever color you guys think might look good.

Please keep your comments coming. Its always interesting to hear what others have to say.
Old 10-19-02, 11:40 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

WOW.

I first thought when you said YELLOW you meant a shade of beige. If you mean .

Then I say NO.

If you want something a bit sharper...get black with sandstone insets.

MW
Old 10-20-02, 12:29 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

Hmm....black car....black and yellow interior...gold emblems....you are going to attract ALOT of bees.
Old 10-20-02, 01:28 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

I made a real quick shop to get an idea of what two tone with beige and sandstone would be like. I dont think it looks to bad.
Attached Thumbnails Two Tone Seat - Yea or Nay-two-tone1.jpg  
Old 10-20-02, 01:35 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

With yellow
Attached Thumbnails Two Tone Seat - Yea or Nay-two-toneyelllow.jpg  
Old 10-20-02, 01:56 AM
4HUN
Pole Position

I am sorry but that yellow is hideuos. The two tone tan does not look too bad.

Go with the tan,..... No yellow....
Old 10-20-02, 01:59 AM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Agreed! Yellow is just not meant for a classy beautiful car like the SC. Keep it nice and clean and go with the two tone tan with perferated sandstone. I think that would look pretty nice. But hey if you really want yellow than go for it...it is your car not ours. At the end its your decision.
Old 10-20-02, 02:08 AM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody who wants pics I just had my whole interior custom two tones...my seats are black and gray/headrests black and gray (with lexus logo embroided in it), center console black,door panels black, in the rear i have the center strip done in black and back inserts and headrests are black with lexus logo embroided in back headrests also. Pics are currently being developed should have them tomorrow. I know my interior doesn't look ricey at all so if you wanna take a look email me at

bladez42598@aol.com because im not sure how to post pics on this site.....

peace
Old 10-20-02, 08:04 AM
legendary
Racer

on my legend I had the black with sanstone inserts and Acura emblem on the headrests. Not ricey at all....actually helped me win a trophy at NOPI this past September.

The quality of the leather was pretty good. I would be sure these would be the same if not better.

aND BY ALL MEANS, nOOOOOOOOOO YELLOW....you would really regret it later. tHe black and sandstone gives a racy look, if that is what you are going for. i will see if I can find some pictures
Old 10-20-02, 10:31 AM
markmaz
Driver School Candidate

Thanks so much guys.

The comment about attracting bees was a real laugher, not to mention an eye opener. Yellow is definitely out.

Legendary, if you could post a picture of the your two tone seats with black and sandstone I would appreciate seeing that.

I'm still not too sold on the sandstone with brownish inserts, so
if I don't go with black and sandstone, I guess I'm just going to go with the sandstone by itself.

Again, thanks so much for your pictures, great comments. That's why this is one of the best owner boards around. Peace.
Old 10-20-02, 11:46 AM
projectsc
Pole Position

Two tone interiors can look very nice and luxurious if done right. Make sure the leather is high quality and that the place that does your seats will also do or supply the leathe for you if you decide to do door panels and such. I know the new M3s have an option of 2 tone interior. My friend was going to get Black/Red which looks amazing, I'll post it up in a little bit here. but for you I would suggest going 2 tone tan/beige.
Old 10-20-02, 08:13 PM
Lvangundy

LOL

That yellow was awesome. LOL

Quick Reply: Two Tone Seat - Yea or Nay