SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 10:57 AM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion I drift... Id run a knock off kit any day to drift and **** up and reglass if it ever got damaged. As far as legit kits Id run those too if my car was going to be a daily or just a show car. Theres enough money in the industry for both and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. For how much time and effort the real companies put into fitment I think the price and the quality is fair. and as far as rep kits **** spending a ton of money to get it to fit... Its not supposed to be perfect why the **** would anyone buy a knock off and expect it to be same quality. I have a fake Louie wallet I run on the regular just to use and a baller one I pull out that cost like 800% more literally that I use when I go to dinner or the club. Do you think any one that doesnt have the money can tell the difference... **** no hahahah Throw some zip ties on that rep kit and call it a day and say F$$K it!!!!

Coming for an original playa... ;]
Old 03-01-12, 02:46 PM
DKJZZ30
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lolz at having a special wallet just for the club

back on track. knockoffs are bad
Old 03-01-12, 02:59 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DLA-USA
In my opinion I drift... Id run a knock off kit any day to drift and **** up and reglass if it ever got damaged. As far as legit kits Id run those too if my car was going to be a daily or just a show car. Theres enough money in the industry for both and anyone who says otherwise is a fool. For how much time and effort the real companies put into fitment I think the price and the quality is fair. and as far as rep kits **** spending a ton of money to get it to fit... Its not supposed to be perfect why the **** would anyone buy a knock off and expect it to be same quality. I have a fake Louie wallet I run on the regular just to use and a baller one I pull out that cost like 800% more literally that I use when I go to dinner or the club. Do you think any one that doesnt have the money can tell the difference... **** no hahahah Throw some zip ties on that rep kit and call it a day and say F$$K it!!!!

Coming for an original playa... ;]
Keep it pimpin' playa.. thanks for the positive feedback!

Originally Posted by DKJZZ30
lolz at having a special wallet just for the club

back on track. knockoffs are bad
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I will never be able to convince myself or even be able to justify spending $3k+ on a body kit, if that was the case I just wouldn't put one on. But, after a while you get tired of the way your car looks and you want to change it up, if there is something cheaper out there then I will more then likely go for that option, i rather put more of my money towards a down payment on a house, or a new car for my parents. Everyone spends their money differently, that's all it is.
Old 03-01-12, 04:04 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by eliteskill
Aside from authentic vs copy and prices which is not the main point in our arguements only 2ndary.
^ did anyone see this?
I guess a few wanna still focus on authentic vs copy in this thread. Which will be a never ending battle in my opinion.... so myself, and others like jdmmuscle, troy,Kohinoor, etc,etc voice our concern is based on how this company is advertising and their business practices. I myself and others rather take my business and support to a different company that hasnt done the following ...

- Shown poor reputation on various forums and locals (returns, bad fitment, customer service)
- The ability and williness to steal and photoshop/advertise many pictures of hard working car enthusiast without their permission as their own (no respect for others property)
- A return policy in which ED has the deciding factor if a part is no good or not. Makes it a long dragged out process and you just want a KIT on your car ASAP.

I would rather buy from a company AUTHENTIC or COPY/KNOCK OFF.. that has

- Good reputation
- Show real fitment pictures on cars they are willing to fit without purchase. Hey.. test fit if you dont like dont buy... they want you to buy first and then tell them hey theres a problem? (I would like to try my shoe on before I buy it)
- A return policy that if you the customer are in anyway unsatisfied with how the kit looks on your car return it prior to bodywork and paint for a full refund no questions asked. (ED wants you to send pictures in and then send you a replacement than refund you partial money that it would cost for the extra modifications to make it fit ... after all of that hassle/shipping time/down time.. MAYBE issue you a full refund)

I know the forum vendor might just be a representative of that company, but he works for a hell of a company... =/.

Last edited by eliteskill; 03-01-12 at 04:10 PM.
Old 03-01-12, 04:12 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by eliteskill
^ did anyone see this?
I guess a few wanna still focus on authentic vs copy in this thread. Which will be a never ending battle in my opinion.... so myself, and others like jdmmuscle, troy,Kohinoor, etc,etc voice our concern is based on how this company is advertising and their business practices. I myself and others rather take my business and support to a different company that hasnt done the following ...

- Shown poor reputation on various forums and locals (returns, bad fitment, customer service)
- The ability and williness to steal and photoshop many pictures of hard working car enthusiast without their permission (no respect for others property)
- A return policy in which ED has the deciding factor if a part is no good or not. Makes it a long dragged out process and you just want a KIT on your car ASAP.

I would rather buy from a company AUTHENTIC or COPY/KNOCK OFF.. that has

- Good reputation
- Show real fitment pictures on cars they are willing to fit without purchase. Hey.. test fit if you dont like dont buy... they want you to buy first and then tell them hey theres a problem? (I would like to try my shoe on before I buy it)
- A return policy that if you the customer are in anyway unsatisfied with how the kit looks on your car return it prior to bodywork and paint for a full refund no questions asked. (ED wants you to send pictures in and then send you a replacement than refund you partial money that it would cost for the extra modifications to make it fit ... after all of that hassle/shipping time/down time.. MAYBE issue you a full refund)
Ya, this works perfect for small companies that only specialize in one lip or one bumper for one model or brand of car. Once again we stock 7000+ parts, we simply don't have the time to test fit every single item.

Also you are telling me its not okay for ED to have a say in the return? Psh, I'd like to see you go to a department store and return something that you modified, our ONLY concern is that you don't modify the part, you can return it no questions asked. Go on our website, read the FAQ's.
Old 03-01-12, 04:28 PM
eliteskill
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
Ya, this works perfect for small companies that only specialize in one lip or one bumper for one model or brand of car. Once again we stock 7000+ parts, we simply don't have the time to test fit every single item.

Also you are telling me its not okay for ED to have a say in the return? Psh, I'd like to see you go to a department store and return something that you modified, our ONLY concern is that you don't modify the part, you can return it no questions asked. Go on our website, read the FAQ's.
Im sorry a big company like yours with resources arent able to take care of a community. I guess the parts that arent tested customers are SOL?

and no.. im not saying we can return something thats modified by us. if you read above my quote was return 100% prior to bodywork and paint... in other words a test fit.

and I guess "Psh" is very professional..

From ED website:

Due to the nature of fiberglass, we cannot guarantee fitment. All our products are made to the closest OEM standards possible, but since they are all hand made minor differences can occur. Also, with the vast possibilities of why products do not fit perfectly, such as accidents, heat, poor installation, etc, it is very difficult to guarantee perfect fitment. We do, however, guarantee satisfaction on our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with what you ordered, simply return it within 5 days of receipt, and we will refund you the product price in full.**
All products come with a limited manufacturer's warranty. The warranty covers shipping damages and customer satisfaction. Shipping charges are non-refundable. If the product has been altered in any way, the warranty is voided.

These are hidden in your website under the FAQ. However you as a rep are stateing other policys on this thread .. like no shipping charges, and we will need to send you out a 2ndary part first. You need to send pictures to us. I mean something here doesnt make sense

But I guess ill get another "PSH" remark.. ill exit this thread and talk to a more mature vendor that is willing to fix their reputation.
Old 03-01-12, 04:55 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Oh okay I get what your saying, sorry the psh wasn't directed in a negative way, so my apologies if it came off that way. That policy is referenced to "No Questions Asked" return for any reason, if you notice the "**" will basically relate to shipping being non refundable. But, thats for a return because you simply just don't want it anymore, for whatever reason within that 5 day period. We have another policy that will allow you to return a part to us if it doesn't fit right, typically we give 10 days for that, but for forum members I've allowed as much as 3 weeks to try to get it fitted on their vehicle. If it doesn't fit at that point and its a defective piece that didn't come out the way it was suppose to then you can return for the full purchase price and shipping price. You get all your money back. I hope that makes sense, if not let me know. Thanks.
Old 03-02-12, 10:40 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

In the process of selling the first kit, hopefully it goes through and once the parts are installed we'll get more pictures.
Old 03-02-12, 01:26 PM
sc253
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
In the process of selling the first kit, hopefully it goes through and once the parts are installed we'll get more pictures.
I just recived some side skirts and rear bumper yesterday haven't fitted them yet.
Out of curiosity can you PM me a price on the kit individualy. I may need spares before this season starts.
Old 03-02-12, 01:49 PM
fliaznguy
Rookie

I have been reading this over the last few days and decided not really to get involved. There has been quite a bit in the line of negative comments that have been tossed around here and I didn't want to be part of that. I'd like to applaud anyone that has a product for something I own. If it's of cheap quality, you live and you learn. You just don't buy from them anymore. I have however seen some neat stuff come from ED in the past. Yes, it required a bit of modification to get it to fit right. However, with time and patience (and money) the end result didn't look terrible by any sense of the word. On the flipside however, the marketing means is not what I'd call a good thing. Using someone else's car with a completely different product than the one you're selling...Eh...It happened. It's out in the open...We move on. The reason I decided to even comment on this thread however is that I have a bumper in my shop right now from a customer that needed a replacement. She didn't want to go with an OEM as she was quoted $1100 - $1300 for a replacement. As such, she stumbled across ED. Thinking it was a good deal to order a $200 bumper, she did. She didn't seek out any assistance or input from someone in the automotive field at all. Being a friend of mine, she just let me know that she ordered one. I assumed that it was from the manufacturer direct. However, when I saw it, I realized that it was in fact from ED. I spoke with our body guy at the shop as well as our painter. Both stated that it was going to take a tremendous amount of work to get it to fit right. Additionally, there were cracks and chips in the bumper itself. They advised said friend to return the bumper as the "good deal" that she got on this part was going to quickly turn incredibly expensive to get it on there at all. The problem that I'm having with this situation is that ED advised her that she could in fact return it but that she would be responsible for the shipping cost. It ran her $200 to buy the bumper, $200 to ship it. Now, she has to ship it back for another $200 in order to get a $200 refund for the bumper itself...There was never mention that she would be reimbursed for the shipping at all...
Old 03-02-12, 01:56 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thats a terrible deal...- $200 bumper- $200 shipping - 200 shipping minus $200 refund = negative 400
Old 03-02-12, 01:58 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fliaznguy
I have been reading this over the last few days and decided not really to get involved. There has been quite a bit in the line of negative comments that have been tossed around here and I didn't want to be part of that. I'd like to applaud anyone that has a product for something I own. If it's of cheap quality, you live and you learn. You just don't buy from them anymore. I have however seen some neat stuff come from ED in the past. Yes, it required a bit of modification to get it to fit right. However, with time and patience (and money) the end result didn't look terrible by any sense of the word. On the flipside however, the marketing means is not what I'd call a good thing. Using someone else's car with a completely different product than the one you're selling...Eh...It happened. It's out in the open...We move on. The reason I decided to even comment on this thread however is that I have a bumper in my shop right now from a customer that needed a replacement. She didn't want to go with an OEM as she was quoted $1100 - $1300 for a replacement. As such, she stumbled across ED. Thinking it was a good deal to order a $200 bumper, she did. She didn't seek out any assistance or input from someone in the automotive field at all. Being a friend of mine, she just let me know that she ordered one. I assumed that it was from the manufacturer direct. However, when I saw it, I realized that it was in fact from ED. I spoke with our body guy at the shop as well as our painter. Both stated that it was going to take a tremendous amount of work to get it to fit right. Additionally, there were cracks and chips in the bumper itself. They advised said friend to return the bumper as the "good deal" that she got on this part was going to quickly turn incredibly expensive to get it on there at all. The problem that I'm having with this situation is that ED advised her that she could in fact return it but that she would be responsible for the shipping cost. It ran her $200 to buy the bumper, $200 to ship it. Now, she has to ship it back for another $200 in order to get a $200 refund for the bumper itself...There was never mention that she would be reimbursed for the shipping at all...
Im sorry to hear what happened with your friend. If she bought directly through Extreme Dimensions just have her get in contact with me and I will see what we can do to take care of her. I hope she got a chance to take pictures of the fitment, this way we can just verify that indeed it is a problem. 714-278-8000 x 19.
Old 03-02-12, 02:02 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by speedaddic
thats a terrible deal...- $200 bumper- $200 shipping - 200 shipping minus $200 refund = negative 400
Let me know when you have something to say to my response that you all were waiting on. Rather then be an instigator. Thanks.
Old 03-02-12, 02:46 PM
fliaznguy
Rookie

Thank you for your response on the matter. As the bumper is still sitting in our shop, I don't expect that pictures will be hard to do. I'll make sure that she's in touch.
Old 03-02-12, 03:14 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fliaznguy
Thank you for your response on the matter. As the bumper is still sitting in our shop, I don't expect that pictures will be hard to do. I'll make sure that she's in touch.
Thank you sir and we will do everything we can to make sure your friend is happy with her purchase!

Quick Reply: 1992-2000 Lexus SC V-Speed Widebody Kit