SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Need 2 Fix These First! (Brake/Bulb Out, A/C Light Blinks, & Dash Dims/Battery Died)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-12, 11:14 AM
StuntKing
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need 2 Fix These First! (Brake/Bulb Out, A/C Light Blinks, & Dash Dims/Battery Died)

Hey guys whats up....

I want to turn up the hp on my 1JZ SC but before I do, I would like to fix the problems I'm having first before anything else.

I know some of you will say use the search, but I've searched and searched but haven't found a complete answer yet, just everyone's opinions, ideas, .02 cents. I need a for sure answer or something close and since my friend nunezztt is going to be working on my car I want to make it easier on him and not waste his time, and my money.

Any & All help is appreciated, thanks

The problems i'm having are:

Brake / Bulb Out - In the owners manual it says "If this light comes on when using the brakes, a brake light bulb is out." But all of mine work...i think.
In the 3rd brake light, how many bulbs are there? 2 or 3? I've seen ppl suggest resistors so the light wont come on but I want everything to work like stock and I dont want to risk getting pulled over. My friend NunezzTT said it might be the ABS module in the trunk...any truth behind this?

A/C Light Blinks - After I drive my car for awhile, it starts to sound like a school bus (loud fan/engine noise) & the A/C light starts to blink.
Someone said it could be my fan/compressor clutch. Could my fan/compressor clutch cause the a/c/ light to blink? And why does my car do that after I drive for awhile?

Dash Dims With Blinkers/Car Died (Mods: In-Dash DVD player, Turbo Timer, & EBC) - I had my battery for almost 2 years and all of a sudden my car was dead one morning. I jumped it, drove around a bit, turned her off, and the car wouldn't turn back on (all lights dim).
I switched the battery with the one in my gf's 4Runner, turn the car on, disconnect the terminals and the car runs fine so the alternator should be good right? And the 4Runner works with no problems too. Also I just noticed my dash lights dim when using my blinkers @ night. Whats draining my battery all of a sudden??
Old 03-01-12, 11:18 AM
StuntKing
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if there are any threads that have the answer im looking for point me in the right direction por favor