SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got bored, took pics - Raine's SC/Meister S1-3P "Burning Black" (no 56k!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-12, 10:42 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aristo123
well i love the fact that your car is red. I have a silver blueish color and i dont know what its called. You gave info regarding your wheel sizes but not the offsets. What are your offsets Raine? judging by the pics you look to be in the low 20's.
I think he has +23/+24 before his new set up.. Now with spacers on he has +19 all around.. Haha, heard that "silver blueish" color before, I think yours is silver spruce metallic.. Funny that's how people usually call it..
Old 04-05-12, 08:41 AM
scfou
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
The rim/lip itself is past the fender

... and that's as far as it'll be; the reason I don't go overboard is because I don't want to give up drivability just to fit some super-wide, "look you can see the bottom of my tire from the side because I'm hella flush yo" -type fitment. With the exception of speed bumps, I can drive my car daily with comfort, not worrying about eating tire when turning at 20 mph, not hearing "scrape scrape" noises while just driving down the street. Some of the fitments I see people do for the whole "hella flush" thing just looks stupid to me. So you fit a 13" on the back of your car, and now it looks like a turtle - probably because you have to drive like one LOL
Not going overboard? Flush? Might wana findout the definition of being flushed, Lol.. That's way overboard already and dangerous in my book. Yeah, I guess being wide does look pretty sick from behind, but not practical though. Plus, I feel sorry for the dude who did your tires, Lol.. , must have been pissed. Overall, it looks sick but make sure you tires don't lose a bit of air. Check it each time you fill up man.
Old 04-05-12, 02:04 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by scfou
Not going overboard? Flush? Might wana findout the definition of being flushed, Lol.. That's way overboard already and dangerous in my book. Yeah, I guess being wide does look pretty sick from behind, but not practical though. Plus, I feel sorry for the dude who did your tires, Lol.. , must have been pissed. Overall, it looks sick but make sure you tires don't lose a bit of air. Check it each time you fill up man.
The guy that did my tires had no problem installing them. It's his job, it's what he likes to do, and what my setup is considered "mild" compared to what he usually does with his car.

As for the "overboard and dangerous" part and the "but not practical though" part... your "definition" may be diferent than mine, but when I set up my car there were a lot of requirements I had to meet in order for it to stay practical and safe for me:

1. Do not have some stupid -4 camber just to fit wide wheels under my car? CHECK.
2. Do not have the car soo low that I can't even make it over a standard driveway or speed bump? CHECK.
3. Do not have the wheel lip touch the fender when the suspension compresses? CHECK.
4. Be able to drive more than 80mph on the freeway safely? CHECK.
5. Have full steering lock-to-lock without rubbing? CHECK.
6. Be drivable normally in the rain? CHECK.

Sure - whatever I have right now I consider pretty close to crossing that "safe and practical" line - but I still make sure that I don't cross it just for the sake of looking "cool" like some other cars. My car is a daily driver, not some car meet queen

And yes I do check my tire pressure regularly.