SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

autozone Flexible LEDs in Gauge Cluster!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-12 | 03:57 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by raine
There you go.

I can be a little harsh sometimes, but it separates the men who drive SC's from the little boys who got their mom to buy them a 15-20 year old used luxury coupe so they can be ghetto fab LOL J/K
Im Ghetto Fabulous!! Just don't tell anyone...
Old 03-19-12 | 04:02 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4urxtc
Im Ghetto Fabulous!! Just don't tell anyone...
I'M TELLING EVERYONE
Old 03-19-12 | 08:25 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

buy them a 15-20 year old used luxury coupe so they can be ghetto fab LOL J/K
And we all still care as if they were brand new? and continue to give "harsh" "opinions"? Lol
To the OP, I'm sure it looks better than it did before, and sorry these others "ruined" the first page of your post, which I'm sure had good intention for others, with snide remarks.
Old 03-19-12 | 08:52 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ashtray
And we all still care as if they were brand new? and continue to give "harsh" "opinions"? Lol
To the OP, I'm sure it looks better than it did before, and sorry these others "ruined" the first page of your post, which I'm sure had good intention for others, with snide remarks.
you missed the "LOL J/K" part.
Old 03-19-12 | 09:47 PM
4urxtc
Lead Lap

you missed the "LOL J/K" part.
What you LOL'd!? Wow!!
Old 03-19-12 | 11:19 PM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4urxtc
What you LOL'd!? Wow!!
what? I'm always smiling when I post
Old 03-20-12 | 12:31 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I can be a little harsh sometimes, but it separates the men who drive SC's from the little boys who got their mom to buy them a 15-20 year old used luxury coupe so they can be ghetto fab LOL J/K
With mods like these, no need to prove a point. Even less knowledgable people see the difference between the two. Plus, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What might look good to you might not be good to him; just like what might look good for him, might not be too good for you.
Old 03-20-12 | 12:39 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
With mods like these, no need to prove a point. Even less knowledgable people see the difference between the two. Plus, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What might look good to you might not be good to him; just like what might look good for him, might not be too good for you.
I'll bet a donut and some orange juice that if he worked on it some more and put more time into it he can get it to look a lot better than that. Most DIY's aren't actually "finished" the first time around, especially when it's custom stuff. But if it stays "as is" then of course there will be good and bad opinions.

$30 universal LED strips... KingPhillip you changed your gauge lights a ways back, how many bulbs does it take to replace the OEMs with superwhite ones?
Old 03-20-12 | 12:49 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I'll bet a donut and some orange juice that if he worked on it some more and put more time into it he can get it to look a lot better than that. Most DIY's aren't actually "finished" the first time around, especially when it's custom stuff. But if it stays "as is" then of course there will be good and bad opinions.

$30 universal LED strips... KingPhillip you changed your gauge lights a ways back, how many bulbs does it take to replace the OEMs with superwhite ones?
Uhm, just for the backlights there's 8, but for everything, it's 36-38 not sure... I wouldn't advise doing it though, the LED's have very low wattage that if it's not properly tuned(like what LexTech does) you can't expect them to last long. Only reason I did it was, when I got my SC, my gas gauge needle didn't have lights and ironically the backlights on that part weren't working also...

When I finish swapping my interior to black I'm getting everything done through LexTech including the AC control.

Last edited by OG Dada; 03-20-12 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-20-12 | 02:40 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I'm getting everything done through LexTech including the AC control.
I can't seem to settle on a color combo LOL
Old 03-20-12 | 02:47 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I can't seem to settle on a color combo LOL
Hahaha.. I feel you.. I hate that our('95-'96) needles are red and my SC is blue.. I already contacted LexTech and asked if I can use needles from an older model SC('cause they're usually white) so I can get it done blue, then white backlights. Same with AC, all white, then blue for those tiny LED's at the top..
Old 03-20-12 | 06:17 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Good lord man, why didn't you just stick a flashlight on one single corner of it and be done. LOL inconsistent much?

I'll give you the same "good try bro" I give everyone that makes an effort to diy, but wow man that pretty bad LOL. The temp gauge isn't even lit at ALL, like most of the cluster. On a good note the 120/140/ and 4 should be quite visible.

Keep working on it. You'll get it, but not likely with these lights. Too spotty.
Looks about like the ones that go to you. granted the ones that go to you end up being fully lit but they are just as hot spotted as those.

you mad bro?
Old 03-20-12 | 06:37 AM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Biggu
Looks about like the ones that go to you. granted the ones that go to you end up being fully lit but they are just as hot spotted as those.

you mad bro?
LMAO!!!! haha
Old 03-20-12 | 07:28 AM
cheddarSC4
Rookie

could have bought led bulbs for less than that. i did and mine looks damn good. equal lighting all around
Old 03-20-12 | 07:41 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

EDIT: nm got my answer LOL

Last edited by raine; 03-20-12 at 07:45 AM.

Quick Reply: autozone Flexible LEDs in Gauge Cluster!