SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

VIS Body KIT

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-02, 08:21 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry VIS Body KIT

DO NOT BUY FROM VIS! Just a friendly warning to anyone out there looking for a body kit for their sc3 or 400. Just spent like $1200 for a complete kit from VIS, the rear valeance is nice, and the front bumper too, but the sides? LOL They're too short by about 1/2 inch. After givin them hell for almost a week, I was promised new ones. Two weeks later, I got a new set, guess wat... 1/2 inch short! I was told they're all like that and they require molding or perhaps I could stretch them I was told. If anyone out there knows how to stretch fiberglass please let me know, or vis, cause they seemed puzzled by this, mostly cause it's IMPOSSIBLE!!! So now I have to spend $1000, I have gotton several quotes, and it'll take a lot of hours of custom work, paint, and some parts to make these babies fit. They have to slice the skirts in half and manufacture a piece so they could extend them and put it all together on the car. And it's not like the end or something is too short, the middle of the skirt, the door wont even close and it misses the opposite side of the car by 1/2 inch. I got scammed, apparently from what they tell me all their skirts like that and i was too expect "installation costs." So just be careful, if you really like the kit and got an extra grand layin around to spend on installation after you buy the kit be my guest, but for everyone else, VIS is bad news and once they got your money, they don't give a damn.
Old 10-28-02, 08:28 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Only kit i've seen from VIS is the so called "vertex" kit, which they claim is real. They say they have their own molding and stuff, but from what I hear from my friends, I dont ever wanna deal with VIS
Old 10-28-02, 08:33 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you checked past threads, the poor fitments associated with VIS have been covered before. They won't let you return the kit? That sucks . What's the deal with the Auto Couture kit you have sitting in your garage (sig)???

Last edited by lex400sc; 10-28-02 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-28-02, 09:17 PM
Deceptik1
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

So does VIS make AC copy kits now?
Old 10-28-02, 10:06 PM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

I actually sold the couture kit to a friend who bought a blue sc400 a little while back. Plus I liked this one better, that was a mistake eh? I think it's a knock off kit ya, of the vertex, which explains the price dif too right? Just letting everyone know again then, cause I'm pretty pissed right now, there go my HID's
Old 10-28-02, 10:13 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Damn, if you have the same kit I was looking at from VIS, then you already paid too much for it....
They gave me a picture of it, and I put it side by side to the real Vertex, and it was exactly the same.
I was offered $500 for the full 4 piece kit, but that was with a hook-up
Old 10-28-02, 11:31 PM
soaringhigh
Rookie

my friend paid $800 shipped for his, the kit fit, did you take off the mouldings on the side of the car before putting the sides on? there are pieces that you have to take off first. $1200. dam you got jacked
Old 10-29-02, 12:34 AM
LOTC
VIP 様式

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VIS=Fake $ Cheap

I remembered that they offered me a 14pc bodykit for my LS 400 for $1400.

Last edited by LOTC; 10-29-02 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-29-02, 12:51 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

A little bit of modification to my sideskirts and they fit fine.... A friend of mines for some reason fit with less mods than I did to mine.... Btw... the most I think it is off is about 1/8"... a little shaving off both sides and it should fit fine.
Attached Thumbnails VIS Body KIT-mvc-102s.jpg  
Old 10-29-02, 12:53 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

"
Attached Thumbnails VIS Body KIT-mvc-118s.jpg  
Old 10-29-02, 01:00 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

also** like what someone said before... you have to remove a few stock pieces for it to fit as well.

Trust me... VIS knows how to stretch a kit... They have done it for years....

It doesn't take a professional to install it either... If you have a dremel... You should be able to have it all installed in under 2 hours.

Good luck
Old 10-29-02, 07:15 AM
extrude sc300
Driver School Candidate

Talking

i was the first one to buy the kit from vis about a year ago before it got released to the public. The front bumper fits good. The rear lip fits good also but remember to drill a screw on the edge near the lower part of the license plate on each side so the lip will hold. The side skirts needs a little trim and u haved to take off the little moldings on the side so the side skirts will fit on i mold mines on. It should be a 10mm screws holding it easy to take off. Vis is a good company i bought alot of kits from them they all fit ok on my cars. If u dont knoe how to install it or have trouble installing it bring it to a body shop to have them install it.
Old 10-29-02, 08:16 AM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through hell with VIS and they finally took back the body kit and ate all the shipping costs, because I caught them in a million lies. And that kit is made so cheap that when I opened up the box and looked at the kit it was the poorest mold I have ever seen in my life (not to mention 4 other body shops agreed with me and the front bumper was 5 inches to wide!!!!!!!!!!). To top that off I went the the better buisness bureaus web site and they have the worst possible record a business could want. If you bought the kit with a credit card then dispute the charge with your credit card company, and file a complaint with the better buisness bureau (www.bbb.org) and you have to go to the california bbb site to file the complaint. VIS IS BAD NEWS AND ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL IN ALL ASPECTS.
Old 10-29-02, 08:58 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not directed to Bladez specifically but...

I TOLD YOU SO!

I can't even count the number of times I've told people that VIS SUCKS ***. I have friends in the body shop/import industry and that's the general feeling...actually, my body shop buddy's like them because they can make more money installing them because it takes more work...

Now think about this...some people have kits that fit somewhat, some have kits that are way off...some are 1/2", some of 1/8" too short...some are 1/8" too long...does that sound like QUALITY CONTROL to you guys?

And just because a crapload of RICERS use their kits doesn't mean it's good.

...and yes, they are 100% FAKE WANNABE KNOCK-OFFS of the T&E Vertex kit. VIS is NOTHING BUT KNOCK-OFFS.

When will people learn?

Bladez - Sorry to hear about all the headaches...you should have kept the AutoCouture kit...or ordered the real T&E kit (ask Steve Ganz!)
Old 10-29-02, 10:29 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

Well as far as I know... there are no side skirts on a 92-96 sc. Only in 97 they added some which you'd have to take off yes, but mine, no. And you can't stretch fiber glass 1/2 inch, i don't care what anyone says, it's impossible, literally impossible. And as far as shaving my car? I don't think I'm up for shaving a $20,000 car for a $1000 piece of crap. And I'm taking it to a body shop to have it installed yes, but that's my whole point, I have to pay $1000 twice now, once for the kit and once for some serious work to extend it 1/2 inch! Still not happy... but thanks for everyone's suggestions

Quick Reply: VIS Body KIT