SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

OEM Trunk Weatherstrip... Does Anyone Sell Them New?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-12, 02:35 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Trunk Weatherstrip... Does Anyone Sell Them New?

Mine is torn and leaking pretty bad. I know I can just buy some aftermarket weatherstripping but I don't want there to be a seam. I just want a new, oem, SC weatherstrip for my trunk. I have literally searched everywhere and can't even find a part number.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-26-12, 02:48 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...C300-1994.html

The parts catalogue for Lexus is a pain in the ****, you have to pick specific years and models to get the parts to display, even though they are the same across ALL model years.. 64461 in that diagram. $127, a bit pricey for a piece of rubber but it's oem!

And you're welcome.
Old 04-26-12, 02:59 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dougspeed
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-cat...C300-1994.html

The parts catalogue for Lexus is a pain in the ****, you have to pick specific years and models to get the parts to display, even though they are the same across ALL model years.. 64461 in that diagram. $127, a bit pricey for a piece of rubber but it's oem!

And you're welcome.
Ok, that's BS! This whole time I've been searching sewell under SC400 and thanks to your post, I just discovered that they list the trunk weatherstrip in the SC300 catalog but not in the SC400 catalog. WTF!

Anyways, thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed.
Old 04-26-12, 03:59 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Yup, there's a lot of instances I had to contact them just to get some parts back up on their online catalog for SC400 parts. But yeah, if its something universal check it under the SC300 it'd definitely be there.

I don't get their reasoning behind it, but its like they don't wanna sell parts online and giving customers a hard time. I've bought a lot of stuff from them already because I value the savings in getting OEM, but I still don't like their customer service.

I'm getting ready to order some window weatherstrips before I get tinted for summer, and I'm still weary in ordering from them again.

Last edited by OG Dada; 04-26-12 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-26-12, 06:08 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Yup, there's a lot of instances I had to contact them just to get some parts back up on their online catalog for SC400 parts. But yeah, if its something universal check it under the SC300 it'd definitely be there.

I don't get their reasoning behind it, but its like they don't wanna sell parts online and giving customers a hard time. I've bought a lot of stuff from them already because I value the savings in getting OEM, but I still don't like their customer service.

I'm getting ready to order some window weatherstrips before I get tinted for summer, and I'm still weary in ordering from them again.
Rock Auto does the same thing. They have transmission bushings and motor mounts listed for the LS400, GS400, GS300, SC300 and MKIV Supra but nothing for the SC400. I don't get it
Old 04-26-12, 08:19 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 97 weatherstrip. 30 shipped
Old 04-26-12, 10:20 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

King, Matt- it's just their way of claiming to have excellent service and the fact that they're pretty much the only game in town for new stuff you gotta have ASAP. The only other things are eBay (luck of the draw), classifieds (same), junkyard (hell of a lotta fun) and the stealership (I think the name speaks for itself).

Good luck, brother- +1 on keeping the car close to original specs (well, considering).