SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Price on Lower Control Arm

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-02, 04:37 PM
tarq3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price on Lower Control Arm

Hey guys just put my car in the shop. It has 191k on it. I was hearing the clunk when reversing, i heard to check the uPPer and lower control arms. So i did so verdict from Toyota was that they lOOked fine the uPPEr where a bit worn but no biGGe. WeLL i said ok change the uPPers just because. So they did that after i got the car back i noticed that the clunk was still there but not as loud. I then went to NTB to get and alignment and they told me that the lower control arms wer bad and that they could not align the car with them like that. So my thing is damn i just did the uPPErs and how come Toyota did not sEE the iSSue. Anyways were can i get some low cost lower control arms. Because NTB quted me $1300, that is crazy
Old 11-04-02, 07:51 PM
Ali SC4
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You dont need to get new control arms. All you need to do is get new control arm bushings which are $99 from TMEngineering and have them installed which runs around $300-$400 depending on who you take it to. It also improves the handling of the car quite a bit since the replacement ones are polyurethane.

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html
Old 11-04-02, 11:11 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default if i'm not mistaken...

I believe if I heard correctly at the dealership,... you can't just pop new bushings into the factory control arm, I believe it has to be replaced with a new one because of how the original bushings are installed, or you get an aftermarket one that allows for the bushings to be inserted/removed.
Old 11-04-02, 11:25 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: if i'm not mistaken...

Originally posted by NAZTY97
I believe if I heard correctly at the dealership,... you can't just pop new bushings into the factory control arm, I believe it has to be replaced with a new one because of how the original bushings are installed, or you get an aftermarket one that allows for the bushings to be inserted/removed.
You can replace the bushings if they are in the front. But I do not know of a company who does the rears yet. Todd inquired this site if people were interested but got such little response except from me. To sum it up, fronts you can do upper and lower control arms as well as the sway bar bushings. For the rear, who knows.

And what's with the strange use of caps, tarq3? Keyboard broken?
Old 11-05-02, 02:04 AM
black sc
Pole Position

I thought Todd's came with the rears, no?
Guess, I was wrong.
Old 11-05-02, 02:33 AM
Toan Nguyen
Pole Position

Default The rears are availiable as well.

The rears are availiable as well. Get them from ASLC (in australia). www.lexus.australia.as

I actually got my rear bushes from whiteline, but they should be the same. (I paid US$70 for mine... )

Toan.
Old 11-05-02, 11:06 AM
tarq3
Driver

Default Re: Re: if i'm not mistaken...

Originally posted by Hermosa

You can replace the bushings if they are in the front. But I do not know of a company who does the rears yet. Todd inquired this site if people were interested but got such little response except from me. To sum it up, fronts you can do upper and lower control arms as well as the sway bar bushings. For the rear, who knows.

And what's with the strange use of caps, tarq3? Keyboard broken?

thanks for aLL the insight guys. oHH yeah and as for the caps. Nah my keyboard is fine it is just something i picked up. i do it when i have duplicate double leTTers. Just somethig to do.