SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

green light

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 07:13 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...I finally see the green little light. Mine burnt out long before I knew it was there. I'm having a hard time removing it. Do I just pull it out? Or do I screw it out?
Old 11-11-02, 07:40 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by lex400sc
What is this mysterious green bulb you guys speak of in the footwell? I don't have any green lights in my car! :eek:
Lex400, check the fuse block area in the foot well. I didnt notice this light til a month ago, I think i was checking fuses or something and when i try looking behind the carpet, I found a light, just hanging there, it was on but just hanging. After looking around, found the place where it looked it should go and it happened to be that "mysterious" green light hehe, and if not, it might be burned as well...
Old 11-11-02, 09:42 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

remote on off switch i dont think i got one of those in my 95???
Old 11-11-02, 10:40 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need small green light

Okay guys I need some ideas here. I need a couple of small green lights that match the stock green lighting. I will be using these as back lighting behind the empty DIN (my secret project:>) from replacement of my stereo. I tried the lexus factory lights, but these do not have leads on them, they just plug into a socket. Does anyone have any ideas on what would be good to use. I thought of xmas lights, but those would burn out too quickly.
Thanks
Tim
Old 11-12-02, 02:05 AM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Found the light!! It was unplugged and dead. I tried christmas lights, which actually fit the socket snuggly, but they burn out in about 30 seconds. I went through about four of them before I gave up. Boy do they burn bright though! I finally remembered that I had the same type of wedge bulb from when I removed the rear-light indicator bulb from my instrument cluster. (BTW, this is also the same bulb as the glove box bulb). So I plugged in the instrument cluster bulb and vwa-la! The green is created by a rubber green sleeve that is wrapped over the bulb like a condom. I took the sleeve off because the amber light looks much classier, IMO. I went over the the passenger side foot well and was disappointed to find that there wasn't another lamp in there also . So this gives me an idea for another DIY mod. I want to put in my own 10w wedge bulbs into passenger footwell, replace the one in the driver footwell with something brighter, and place two more bulbs under the front seats that illuminate the rear seat floor (kind of like how the new Benzos are set up). This will wait for next weekend when I start work on my fiberglass box :eek:.
Old 11-12-02, 02:09 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

So whats the part number on the bulb?
Old 11-12-02, 04:02 AM
SC400TTZX003
Driver School Candidate

Smile Here some pic

Here some actual picture where it locate at. Take your bulb to local car part and find a similar. It will be same buld with your glow box. 12V 1.2W I don't have a part number. Have fun.
Attached Thumbnails green light-buld.jpg  
Old 11-12-02, 04:19 AM
Din
Lexus Champion

what is that circle looking thing to the left? I dont think I have that on my car?
Old 11-12-02, 04:27 AM
SC400TTZX003
Driver School Candidate

Question

That is DIAGNOTICS connector. Mechcanics can use to verify the problem by plug in a Test equipment.
Thanhs for your concern.
Old 11-12-02, 04:59 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

SC400TTZX003, thanks for the pic.
I NEVER knew the light is there.
Old 11-16-02, 02:22 AM
Taka
Lexus Test Driver

I found it! I took out the buttom cover and I found that the bulb was hanging behind that cover. Mine is working condition.
maybe I'll change it to blue...
Old 11-16-02, 12:03 PM
TGRich
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default funny

I started this thread thinking everyone knew about the green light. I had no idea it would receive this much attention.
I guess you learn something new every day right:>
Tim
Old 06-06-07, 07:22 PM
mr29rose
Pole Position

so weird i saw the gree nand figured the prev owner did some hyper white type bulb. so i tried to pull out the bulb but it was hard. so the green piece came off instead. and i was like, i cant beleive they make these weird rubber covers for such small bulbs. like the orange ones for taillights etc.
now i see this and realize its suppossed to be there, lol. i didnt ike the color anyways. it doesnt match the light on each door!
is there suppossed to be a small light like that on the passenger side foot area?
thanks
Old 06-06-07, 08:05 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

The bulb you guys are talking about is called a 74 bulb. I replaced mine with a white bulb and looks great. No pictures with me right now, but if you'd like to see it I will post it. I forgot where I got mine, but I have a receipt at work.
Old 06-07-07, 07:15 PM
tkafam1
Pole Position

This may be a dumb question, but what's the point of that bulb?

Quick Reply: green light