SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

interior idea,

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-12, 09:41 AM
imarshall
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can identify with you on the being young and wanting to do something "young" part.. but that's ugly AF bro. TRUST ME, I'm coming from 2 gsr's and an s2k, I wouldn't even do that to one of my Honda's. Do the vinyl like somebody above stated.
Old 05-04-12, 01:44 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 93SC300.
I feel like im ready to get rid of my car. Seems like people are taking it to the ricer level more and more everyday
This X10

Originally Posted by Biggu
threads like this make me realize the price of the SC's have really dropped recently. now the younger crowd can afford them.
Exactly, stole the words right out of my mouth.

To the OP, Im not trying to be rude or bash you. Remember these cars are the sister's of a Supra. Im glad you posted this up on ClubLexus instead of supra forums. Again, you drive an SC. Let me show you the difference... This is my interior, Ive been keeping it on the DL but with this thread Ill go to the extreme of showing it...
Lets say you and I both roll up to a car meet, compare and contrast shall we?

My interior:
Custom Gauge setup/ Matrix XRS steering wheel/ IS300 airbag/ Alpine double din/ woodgrain repainted dark gunmetal/ and the first SC yet to install 2010 SRT10 Dodge Viper seats/

Would you be more impressed with this or a cars interior full of stickers? Again, its your car, you do what YOU want, Im just trying to help out towards a better interior choice.
I understand being young, Im only 21 man, but this car motivates me to work. Over the summer I put in at LEAST 60 hours a week working 7 days a week to help modify and pay off my Lexus.

If you enjoy the sticker bomb then do it, but I also started out with an ugly interior. ****ty torn up tan seats, and the seat adjustment only wanted to work when it wanted. Super gross carpet too. Just keep searching the SC300/400 classifieds carpets pop up all the time. Craigslist and Ebay are also great!

Last edited by 1J0Z SC; 05-04-12 at 01:47 PM.
Old 05-04-12, 02:18 PM
jayhoffa50
Rookie

whats good playboy ! i really like your thread and your so right bout how you want your sc to look on the inside as well as the outside ... quick question tho , what size is your nav unit touch screen ? cuz im looking into one myself . i found one on ebay .. and buying the right size is very important , thanx
Old 05-04-12, 02:26 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I have to chime in on this one.....

The bottom line is that it is your car, and if stickers is what you want, then by all means, do it.. I think you have gotten the impression of what the older crwod feels like you ought to do.. I would redo it in all black, and take your time and do it right. If all you can afford is the stickers, then keep saving to buy paint and other means. JMO..

GL in your decision.
Old 05-04-12, 06:16 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't do that man, if you want a clean interior then you can fix it up. My interior wasn't like that at first. I replaced the leather for like $600 and got a Camry steering wheel for $100. The vinyl wasn't too much since it was my brother's friend who hooked us up (He has his own vinyl business going on). Sounds expensive, but at least I know that I'm done with my interior. I'm sure others agree when I say you should keep a Lexus a Lexus.
Old 05-10-12, 02:32 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gahhh... but it is an interesting take on a common problem.

I'd drive around with a blindfold to keep from looking at a trashed interior. My driving would deteriorate, but how would that be any different from the other idiots in my city?

Props for ingenuity, I guess.
Old 05-10-12, 04:17 PM
daily400
Pole Position

I like it. I wouldn't do it to my car but I like that idea we did it to a buddies Honda and it came out good if u get the right srickers
Old 05-10-12, 10:07 PM
LameSC300
Pole Position

did I just walk into a honda forum?

sticker bombing is so played out.
Old 05-10-12, 11:14 PM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

ok, like i had said, this was to cover up badly taken care up interior. it wasnt like

oh geez i got perfect interior without scratches crazy glue and other random things holding it together im going to put stickers on it.

my idea was, cover up the ugly with some stickers meanwhile i can afford to get ALL new parts. im talking either all black interior or all tan (i kinda like the tan more idk) yea i know the stickers are a little kid fad and what not but it wasnt an idea for a permanent design it was a, eh itll look better than it looks now kinda thing.

i know i dont have a honda, i got a dang LEXUS SC300. in other words, a car you dont f*** with when you pull up next to it lol.

so i hadnt seen all the latest posts but im sure all of you are glad that i pulled a loan and im going to buy all OEM parts sooner than i thought. i give my car project a year to fix it. and yes guys im taking alot of videos and pictures so i can show you guys lol. no sticker bombs, just a couple stickers on the back windshield. ill post pictures later. i love that sc300 with the viper seats btw.. lol
Old 05-11-12, 01:37 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Tommy2JZ

so i hadnt seen all the latest posts but im sure all of you are glad that i pulled a loan and im going to buy all OEM parts sooner than i thought. i give my car project a year to fix it. and yes guys im taking alot of videos and pictures so i can show you guys lol. no sticker bombs, just a couple stickers on the back windshield. ill post pictures later. i love that sc300 with the viper seats btw.. lol

PLEASE NO!!! in this case sticker BOMB THE **** OUT OF YOUR CAR! this is not the way to go lol. if you cant afford it out of pocket, you dont need it.
Old 05-11-12, 02:16 AM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by greens14
PLEASE NO!!! in this case sticker BOMB THE **** OUT OF YOUR CAR! this is not the way to go lol. if you cant afford it out of pocket, you dont need it.
its not a bank loan its well in spanish its called a "cundina" idk whats its called in english
A "cundina" is a system, where usually coworkers/friends pool money together and then each gets a turn at the pot. For example, 5 participants each contribute $100 each week for 5 weeks, so each gets a turn at getting the $500 for one of those weeks. luckily i got #1 and #1 happens to be on my pay day. so im getting 1000$ total this pay check because the cundina is 500 and i get paid 500 get it?

plus i got 2 numbers so im getting 500 at two different points in time
Old 05-11-12, 10:13 AM
daily400
Pole Position

I think this is funny as hell most of these threads are people put ideas out there for feed back and they get the feed back but at the same time people knock them for wanting to to do something different. Ya like I said I personly like the look would I do it absolutly not and no its not a Honda fourm. And I know we all drive Lexus's and we all have different tastes but dam if someone throws an idea out there don't act like he's going to do it to ur car or if u don't like who gives a **** don't beat the guy up for posting a dam idea.
Old 05-11-12, 10:15 AM
Tommy2JZ
Pole Position

^ i like him. lol
Old 05-11-12, 10:20 AM
daily400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Tommy2JZ
^ i like him. lol
Me too lol
Old 05-11-12, 10:24 AM
daily400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1J0Z SC
This X10

Exactly, stole the words right out of my mouth.

To the OP, Im not trying to be rude or bash you. Remember these cars are the sister's of a Supra. Im glad you posted this up on ClubLexus instead of supra forums. Again, you drive an SC. Let me show you the difference... This is my interior, Ive been keeping it on the DL but with this thread Ill go to the extreme of showing it...
Lets say you and I both roll up to a car meet, compare and contrast shall we?

My interior:
Custom Gauge setup/ Matrix XRS steering wheel/ IS300 airbag/ Alpine double din/ woodgrain repainted dark gunmetal/ and the first SC yet to install 2010 SRT10 Dodge Viper seats/

Would you be more impressed with this or a cars interior full of stickers? Again, its your car, you do what YOU want, Im just trying to help out towards a better interior choice.
I understand being young, Im only 21 man, but this car motivates me to work. Over the summer I put in at LEAST 60 hours a week working 7 days a week to help modify and pay off my Lexus.

If you enjoy the sticker bomb then do it, but I also started out with an ugly interior. ****ty torn up tan seats, and the seat adjustment only wanted to work when it wanted. Super gross carpet too. Just keep searching the SC300/400 classifieds carpets pop up all the time. Craigslist and Ebay are also great!

Ooo and Sry to add I forgot that everyone has money just to go out and buy whatever they feel like when they want. There calld projects for a reason

Quick Reply: interior idea,