SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stock cd player skipping wtfffffff

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-12, 06:17 PM
flsc300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stock cd player skipping wtfffffff

Ok I have searched and searched and could not find a post like this. I love the way the stock head unit looks in the car and didn't want to change it I tried the aux DIY and only the right side speakers played pretty frustrating. So I was like ok ill just use my stock cd player. So I finally installed a alpine type r 10 and 500x1 alpine amp. Problem now is that when ever the bass hits the cd changer starts skipping ughhhhh. So I was wondering if maybe I get another stock hu and see if I can rectify the aux problem or is there any solution to the cd changer skipping. I wanna try dynomat but it's so expensive I don't wanna buy it do the trunk and it not work. Any help and ideas will be appreciated. I may unbolt the cd changer and place it on some foam but hot hot does it get don't wanna burn my car down. Maybe some kind of springs to absorb the shock idk just throwing ideas out there. I heard that the nakimichi from the lsxxx has some kind of suspension on their cd changer might look into that to see if I can integrate it into my car. I don't wanna change my stock setup I just love it. Thanks for any input and lemme know if you had this problem before and how you fixed it.
Old 05-17-12, 09:17 AM
Neil4Speed
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine skipped when I first bought it and is now fine unless I go over a hard bump - I used a CD cleaner with the little brushes.

Along the lines of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Memorex-0800...#ht_3299wt_905

(Memorex 6 Brush Laser Lens Cleaner)
Old 05-17-12, 10:13 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Try that method first and if that doesnt work then relocate the sub elsewhere in the trunk if you can. If that doesnt get it then remove the sub, keep the amp and wire it in to the factory sub. jmo. good luck.
Old 05-17-12, 12:14 PM
flsc300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok what I just finished doing was I unbolted it from the bracket and put a foam pad under the cd changer and set the back in the factory space but not bolted down and it seems to be working perfect. I will also try cleaning the eye tho. I only put four pieces of foam on the four corners so it can still breath and not get to hot. Thanks guys for everything.