SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Marcos SC400 weekend warrior

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-12, 08:29 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First drive video finally got finished! Huge thanks to everyone that has helped me with this build. the car had maybe 3 miles when we did all this lol.

Thanks guys!

http://vimeo.com/46397563
Old 07-26-12, 01:42 PM
vaki2
Pole Position

about time you posted a video man

Mad props for you man. Nice projects and very inspiring.

vaki2
Old 07-27-12, 09:18 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Clutch pedal assembly has been acting gay. It was only bolted on by the two master cylinder studs. It was flexing under pressure so my car was constantly having issues going into gear or grinding when shifting. We took out the assembly and welded two braces and added a 3rd hole and bolt to help keep the assembly sturdy. Clutch felt 1000x improved. Car is actually pleasant to drive now. Slowly knocking out my checklist to slide!
Old 08-18-12, 09:52 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

Any updates?
Old 08-18-12, 10:18 AM
95TEALSC3
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skirts
Any updates?
What he said?^^^
Old 08-18-12, 05:02 PM
Newchapter
Lead Lap

What exhaust is that?
Old 08-20-12, 07:14 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

I'd like to know the specs on the exhaust as well. It sounds very similar to mine, just louder. Mine is stock exhaust with gutted cats and res. with GT500 mufflers. They're ugly, but they sound good.
Old 09-11-12, 03:20 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Stock headers. Custom car deletes for clearance on the slave cylinder then just the stock mid pipe. And that's it lol. It stops right before the diff as one pipe. I like it. Doesn't get in the way when I work on stuff in the rear

Been off the grid for a bit. Just been dailying the car and having fun. So far so good. No issues whatsoever. Finally got around to getting my diff welded as well. Car is an absolute blast to slide. This is my first "long" wheelbase car and i difinately feel really comfy in it already! This past weekend we had a BBQ for all the locals at the shop. Got to slide on our skid pad, ride quads, chill with a ton of friends and clean cars and have the time of our lives! Looking to make King of Countyline round 2 my first event with this car on Oct. 28th.

Here's a few pics from our BBQ

Got a little too rowdy at one point and lost my bumper and skirts. Lol

Some other friends decided to join in on the fun

That's all I have for now! Can't wait for countyline to tear **** up!
Old 09-20-12, 11:16 AM
t4l
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like fun! Did you ever get the speedometer figured out? Assuming that keeps the cruise from working as well?
Old 10-28-12, 04:14 PM
cuetip
Driver School Candidate

yes i had to join when i seen this, so you are telling me that any KA or SR20 tranny would work on thw 1uz engine?? because i found an sr20 tranny for just under 300 bucks
Old 11-03-12, 09:15 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

Originally Posted by t4l
Looks like fun! Did you ever get the speedometer figured out? Assuming that keeps the cruise from working as well?
Probably. But I took cruise control and a bunch of other stuff out whenever I originally was building the car. I don't really speed so I never really cared about the speedometer either lol.

Originally Posted by cuetip
yes i had to join when i seen this, so you are telling me that any KA or SR20 tranny would work on thw 1uz engine?? because i found an sr20 tranny for just under 300 bucks
It will with the kit and all the other stuff I did!!

This car is my daily driver. I drive it everyday. I even drive it to the Miami drift event 2 hours away, beat the **** out of it, then drove home. Setup is solid.

Also idk where your located but sr/ka transmissions usually go for $100-150 all day. I wouldn't pay over $200. Just a heads up.

Went to King of Countyline this past weekend. First event in 2 1/2 years. And first event with this chassis. Needless to say I had a blast! Few things were acting up on the car (steering wheel nut came loose!) kinda affects steering a bit lol. Ended up going off track a couple times because of it. And it seemed like every other set of drift spares I brought killed themselves prematurely.

Got spares?

Other than that car was perfect! Never ran rough, got hot, or anything. I beat the **** out of it and it kept asking for more. Couldn't be happier!

I learned I need to run a wider rear wheel/tire combo and the car will feel ALOT more stabil in drift and have better rear grip. It's the little things that matter I guess. Lol. As soon as I put on my better wheels/tires the car was hooking up sick and I was able to put down some solid runs and felt really comfortable.

Even got to get my first tandem in (even tho it sucked lol)

Seat time was the name of the game for me at this event. And it'll be the same plan for all the events I attend this year.

It's a stretch but im going to try to make the Black Friday event at CFRC on the 23rd. I want to drive there so bad! Lol I need to get atleast 1 or 2 more events under my belt before years end.

Thanks for looking!!!

-Marco
Old 12-12-12, 04:18 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Went out to desoto for driftmas. Had a blast and was able to give the bank as well as 3rd gear a whirl. So much fun!

Gonna take a break and build up my chassis. Going to save up for all the Battle Version arms I can get my hands on, a mix of poly/solid bushings, and a high quality hydro since
My stock drum ebrake sucks terribly. That's all for now! Thanks guys!

-Marco
Old 12-12-12, 05:25 PM
Trucho
Rookie

Dam thats awesome man. Congrats on giving every one another option for tranny swap.
Old 12-12-12, 05:36 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

lol, drive it like you stole it! Looks like a lot of fun bro! Thx for sharing!

steve
Old 12-12-12, 09:43 PM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like you are having lots of fun. Nice build on a drift/daily car

Quick Reply: Marcos SC400 weekend warrior