SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Marcos SC400 weekend warrior

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-13, 05:07 PM
scott101
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ihiryu
Looks nice, I'm a little bit of a noob when it comes to suspension, what's the point of having adjustable traction arms?
also a lot of the oem arms have old soft rubber bushings and the new ones just have sealed joints (no play)

very nice work on teh car!
Old 03-12-13, 07:46 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

So I haven't been on here in a while. Been really busy. Got a new job at Carmax and I absolutely love it!

Also managed to pick up a few sponsors as well!

Going to be representing Cosmis Racing Wheels, Import Image Racing, as well as Bravo Motorsports out in Cali!

Really excited to get these guys on board since they have all been a HUGE help so far!

As for updates I've gotten my rear Battle Version arms on and they feel incredible.

I got my inner tie rods from them as well. Ordering my outers next Friday and my knuckles should arrive today from Bravo Motorsports. Looking to make about 56-60 degrees of angle with his setup!

Also got a few photoshoots done thanks to my good friends Juan Diazviana and Kendra Aceto with Lowered Lifestyle.

I feel like a hard Parker since I haven't driven in forever an my car looks pretty damn cool with the new Cosmis Racing wheels. LOL but no worries. Once my angle mods are done and I have a solid hydro setup I will be at the track going harder than ever!!!

Big things coming so stay tuned!!!

Enjoy the media!

#cantwaittodrive

Old 03-12-13, 12:24 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car looks great! Man I wish I was able to drift and have sponsors to give me free stuff!!
Old 03-13-13, 06:57 AM
skirts
Lead Lap

This thing is awesome!
Old 03-15-13, 08:36 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

pretty awesome.

so the KA transmission is shorter than a 350z 6 speed?

hows the transmission been holding up, along with that mount
Old 03-15-13, 10:53 PM
myLEXsc400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

congrats on the job and the sponsors, but im not really diggin the back bumper
Old 03-18-13, 08:17 PM
DRDOOM
Driver School Candidate

is there any way you can give a break down of all the parts/bolts used for this swap.. it's really intresting..and very nice car by the way
Old 03-24-13, 01:45 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Originally Posted by PseudoK
pretty awesome.

so the KA transmission is shorter than a 350z 6 speed?

hows the transmission been holding up, along with that mount
Yes it's a lot skinnier and a bit shorter and fits really well. It lines up almost perfect with the shifter hole and trans mount locations.

It's been holding up great as well. It's my daily driver and I've been driving/abusing it for almost a year now!

Every time I've gotten under the car I take a look at the trans mount and it looks the same as the day we made it lol.

Originally Posted by DRDOOM
is there any way you can give a break down of all the parts/bolts used for this swap.. it's really intresting..and very nice car by the way
The swap kit comes with the plate hardware. However no trans hardware. I used a few oem KA/SR bolts as well as some from the hardware store. As far as specifics I'm not too sure lol

Thanks guys! Plenty more to come soon!
Old 03-24-13, 03:46 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the point of the KA trans over a w58?
Old 03-24-13, 05:28 PM
golf007
Driver

Love the color!
Old 03-30-13, 07:19 AM
HellaDope
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by marcojdm
I'm in southwest Florida. Fort Myers area

Where you at? Lol
yo, im in the cape coral area. love to see this car in person

Last edited by HellaDope; 03-30-13 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-11-13, 06:06 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 92blacktt
What is the point of the KA trans over a w58?
I assume its because its cheaper, easier to find, and handles more power.
Old 04-19-13, 10:45 PM
kamshaft
Rookie

totally bad *** dude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that thing sounds like it eats lil kids for breakfast lol!
Old 04-28-13, 09:55 PM
cros1706
Driver School Candidate

Your story is inspiring man. Makes me love my sc400 even more, And yours WAY MORE! My dream is to race. Just shows you got to put in a lot of hard work to get places. Thanks for some Inspiration man. Congrats on the car and career.

Last edited by cros1706; 04-29-13 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-24-13, 07:37 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

UPDATES! I know I've been MIA for a while. Just staying busy with work and had some personal things come up. However things are still progressing with the car!

I ended up breaking all the welds on my original diff. Somehow didn't break the diff itself Lol.

Here's a pic of it before (notice the pile of metal pieces on the bottom)

And then my good friend Adam Williams at Stage6 rewelded it for me and did a ton of reinforcement on it

I also got my angle kit in the mail from Bravo Motorsports! Kit included Battle Version Inner/outer tie rods with rack spacer as well as Bravo Motorsports custom knuckle for SC. I also went ahead and got ARP extended studs for IS300 with a 15mm spacer for clearance at full lock

This kit is SICK! I literally have not been able to spin out since doing this. I'm definitely getting more than double the original angle!

For clearance I had to remove the front sway bar. Apparently it's a pretty common thing and I've noticed no difference on driving.

I also got my PBM hydro ebrake installed thanks to the help of my buddy Johan from Import Image Racing.

The guys down at IIR have been super helpful with everything and helping me get some deals on car parts! If you guys need anything definitely give them a holler!

And as far as the future with this car goes. The 1UZ V8 has been an awesome motor. Super reliable and fun to drive. I literally have not had a single issue go wrong with either the motor or trans setup. However. I want more power and I am definitely on some sort of budget.

So with that being said I made an online purchase from Japan General Motors. Gave me a pretty good price and were extremely helpful with everything!

So I put in my order and a week later this showed up : )

Pretty stoked to jump into the turbo lyfe. And since our chassis came with these in Japan I'm understanding that this is a pretty straightforward swap. Can't wait!

Really looking to getting this swap finished up by the end of the year. Goal is to eventually make 400whp+

Thanks for reading!

Random gas pump pic

Quick Reply: Marcos SC400 weekend warrior