SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

duraflex SC body kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-12, 07:19 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions

Thank you very much for posting these pics scviolence. I appreciate you trying to help and risking the fact that you kit is a "replica." A lot of people who are happy with their kits don't usually come out and say they bought it from us, its more like, don't ask.. don't tell. People complain its a lip kit, but it's still a kit. The argument is still the same, but you go from front bumper to front lip. Either way, your SC is looking great! Keep up the good work sir.
No problem i appreciate you guys making the rep kits for us who cant afford nor find the real ones. The fitment on the kits are as good as they come i dont know why the people who havent ever tried them talk down on them. Like i saod an hour with a dremel and it went on. Not hard at all.
Old 05-30-12, 07:38 PM
Tret
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your SC looks great SCviolence! I love the complete 95-96 look. Nice job on fitting the kit as well.
Old 05-30-12, 07:56 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aftermarket will always be aftermarket it won't fit perfect it all matters how much time/money are you willing to spend doing it to make it fit. And there are a lot of threads on this topic use key words there is also a body kit fitment thread. Good luck and just know painting it and to gettin it to match might as well do the whole car.
Old 05-31-12, 12:03 AM
cwood1388
Driver School Candidate

I can also attest to what others are saying. Many aftermarket companies make products that dont have 100% fitment. If you think dremeling for an hour is bad On a true authentic veilside kit I've seen where a guy had to extend his flanges where the wheel wells are by 1/2 inch on either side of his front bumper just to get a proper fitment. Its also quite a challenge to fit a bumper especially if there are no pilot holes to go by.(Not certain if this piece is offered with them or not)

But for 385 and a vendor that actually has customer service you can call if you get jammed up I guess its really up to you

Last edited by cwood1388; 05-31-12 at 12:04 AM. Reason: I need spell check
Old 05-31-12, 04:19 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in all fairness those pics are low-rez cell phone camera pics.
Old 05-31-12, 06:28 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
in all fairness those pics are low-rez cell phone camera pics.
Name:  IMAG1926.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  61.2 KB

Raw shots being installed

Name:  324872466053_0_0.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  29.8 KB

Ooo they thought it was pretty good....
Name:  224624_1959871126781_1542871727_2016583_4307035_n.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  52.3 KB

Do u have any high rez pics of your body kit not fitting????? Or are you talking about things you heard other people say here and there. Which one is it experience or here say and if experience please prove it...
Old 05-31-12, 06:51 AM
Revhead95
Driver School Candidate

I Agree 100% with scviolence. Allthought I have not yet ordered a kit for my SC300 (YET) back when i had my 98 Eclipse I ordered a Full blitz body kit from EXTREME DIMENSIONS directly and other then of course putting the time to drill the holes it fit perfectly. no head or tail light gaps. no mishaped or warped parts. All i did was sand and primer it (only to match the rest of the primered car). That bumper took a beating too. car was lowered, showed up to work late n went too far forward into a parking block. hit hard enought it pushed the car back 3 feet when the bumper flexed back out (duraflex not urethane!) only left a scratch! no cracks, no chunk taken out, no busted piece. Im a believer in EXTREME DIMENSIONS and will soon be ordering there Vertex Ridge Replica widebody kit!
Old 05-31-12, 10:32 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

thanks again for the pics scviolence!

revhead95, i'm glad to hear you were happy with our product as well. Our goal is to keep our customers for their entire modding life. We don't forget and we always go above and beyond what is expected. When you are ready for that widebody let me know! I sold out of those in less then 1 week haha.

As far as those who claim authentic kits fit better, it's completely false. I've seen a Chargespeed kit myself fit like crap. Not everything is worth what you pay for it, I am not saying Chargespeed kits are bad, but the one I saw, didn't fit worth diddly. Either way, I wish you guys with $$$$$ all the success in the world, you guys will be able to afford pieces like that, but the rest of the world depends on companies like us to keep the prices low.
Old 05-31-12, 08:29 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

am i missing something...

i dont see a front lip on the extreme dimensions site. where/when did u get that front lip scviolence.

BTW.. another diehard fan of extreme dimensions. i had a kit from them way back in the day and that thing was bomb proof. it also fit great and price was unbeatable.

i guess ppl tht actually had a kit from them can vouch for there product... ppl tht havent ever owned a kit from them shouldnt. make sence. man i love the internet.
Old 05-31-12, 11:17 PM
cheez
Pole Position

extreme dimensions, i was looking into getting the duraflex v-speed front bumper but i had a couple questions
Old 06-01-12, 09:29 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cmh
am i missing something...

i dont see a front lip on the extreme dimensions site. where/when did u get that front lip scviolence.

BTW.. another diehard fan of extreme dimensions. i had a kit from them way back in the day and that thing was bomb proof. it also fit great and price was unbeatable.

i guess ppl tht actually had a kit from them can vouch for there product... ppl tht havent ever owned a kit from them shouldnt. make sence. man i love the internet.
http://extremedimensions.com/92-96-SC-Vspeed-FL.html

The default pic shows it on a 97-00 but its for the 92-96. Thanks for your comments as well, it's always appreciate when people step up and have something positive to say.

Originally Posted by cheez
extreme dimensions, i was looking into getting the duraflex v-speed front bumper but i had a couple questions
What was your question? You can PM me or ask me here, whatever is easiest!
Old 06-01-12, 10:32 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

^^^yea i saw it thanks... i was confused because it shows the 97 front. thnx
Old 06-02-12, 10:25 AM
Revhead95
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ExtremeDimensions
thanks again for the pics scviolence!

revhead95, i'm glad to hear you were happy with our product as well. Our goal is to keep our customers for their entire modding life. We don't forget and we always go above and beyond what is expected. When you are ready for that widebody let me know! I sold out of those in less then 1 week haha.

As far as those who claim authentic kits fit better, it's completely false. I've seen a Chargespeed kit myself fit like crap. Not everything is worth what you pay for it, I am not saying Chargespeed kits are bad, but the one I saw, didn't fit worth diddly. Either way, I wish you guys with $$$$$ all the success in the world, you guys will be able to afford pieces like that, but the rest of the world depends on companies like us to keep the prices low.
will deff be gettin hold of you guys. love that kit. i can believe it sold out that quick. i just wish someone would post pics of it installed
Old 06-04-12, 10:50 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Revhead95
will deff be gettin hold of you guys. love that kit. i can believe it sold out that quick. i just wish someone would post pics of it installed
I highly agree with your man, I've contact a few customers who have bought the kit.. some haven't gotten around to installing the parts yet.. some others don't want people to know its a replica... so eh, kinda sucks for me. But I respect my customers wishes so for now, just bare with me. Good news is that none of the kits came back for any reason!!
Old 06-04-12, 10:38 PM
yonunez
Driver School Candidate

That kit looks really good