Seat memory fix?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-02, 01:33 PM
Six7390GT
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat memory fix?

Hi,
The 2 preset memories on my 1992 SC400 are no longer working. I can't reset them, the buttons just act dead. Any suggestions?

Here's a picture of it before I had the windows retinted darker.
Has anybody seen that style of Lexus wheel? The pic also shows the tips of old style cat back HKS exhaust that is no longer available. I'm looking to get a little extra sound from it as it's nearly as quiet as stock. Any suggestions for a nice sounding but pretty quiet rear muffler for these cars?
Thanks,
Gary
Attached Thumbnails Seat memory fix?-92sc400s.jpg  
Old 11-09-02, 03:00 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

if you want louder sound and you haven' done so already. i would upgrade your pipes to 2.5 inch and take out the resonators.
Old 11-10-02, 04:29 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the seat memory, you'll probably have to buy a new seat memory ECU, located behind the side trim piece in the back seat. They use the same ECU modules as LS400s in case you can find one cheaper used.
Old 11-10-02, 04:44 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Alki area?
Old 11-10-02, 04:44 PM
4HUN
Pole Position

Those wheels look like old scool Prime hamers's with Lexus center caps.
Old 11-10-02, 07:03 PM
Six7390GT
Driver School Candidate

Default Seat Memory Fix?

Lex400SC, Thanks for the info on the ECU.

Emerald, Yes the picture was taken at Alki, good eye. I like your plate.

4HUN, Thanks, I think. I bought the car from the original owner in CA. He purchased the wheels from a display in the Lexus dealership and they were installed on the car before it was driven home. He referred to the original wheels as "Wagon Wheels". I would have preferred the car had original wheels, but that's probably due to many years of hunting down (and paying for) original Mustang parts.
Old 11-11-02, 02:50 PM
Enigma
Driver School Candidate

Default Seat memory ECU

Originally posted by lex400sc
For the seat memory, you'll probably have to buy a new seat memory ECU, located behind the side trim piece in the back seat. They use the same ECU modules as LS400s in case you can find one cheaper used.
I'm trying to fix that problem in mine as well -- trying to get all the info I can before ripping into door trim. Do you know if the seat memory ECU also controls the steering-wheel memory? My seat memory doesn't work either, but the steering wheel does.

Thanks!
Old 11-11-02, 04:15 PM
RalAegidius
Lead Lap

Heh, I guess this is a pretty common problem. I have dual 8-way seats in the front, and the memory set does not work at all for either of them. The seats themselves work fine, as does the steering wheel auto-memory.

Ral
Old 11-12-02, 11:50 AM
Enigma
Driver School Candidate

I remember reading on here that someone had discovered, after removing their door trim, that the controls for the seat memory weren't even plugged in. Guess I'll be taking the door apart as step one, and make sure it's plugged in. Gotta' fix the crack in the window surround anyway...

Guess if that doesn't work, I'll try to procure an ECU. Anyone have any idea how much that's going to cost?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-03, 07:23 PM
2autumn
Driver School Candidate

My seat memory does not work. The steering wheel memory does not work. also trunk cannot be opened using the interior button on my SC300.

Any Suggestions?

Thought I might start by checking fuses, disconnecting/reconnecting battery,
Checking wires are plugged in on the drivers' door,
checking ECU

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.
Old 01-01-03, 07:54 PM
strongsail
Instructor

hey Six7390GT, your car is the same color as mine, I think, Silver Spruce Metallic, right? I'm in W. WA too - -

I have a '93 - my seat memory can only be set with the ignition in the run position, shifter in park, foot off the brake. If the buttons are not programmed, they will not beep. If the battery is disconnected, the seat memory is erased.

Memory settings control driver's seat (except for lumbar), side mirrors and steering wheel. Steering wheel has a separate memory that remembers the position when the key is removed, if the auto-retract is turned on.
Old 01-01-03, 08:33 PM
2autumn
Driver School Candidate

My seat memory does not work. I have tried setting it as suggested in the response above to no avail. Also trunk cannot be opened using the interior button on my SC300.

Any Suggestions?

Thought I might start by checking fuses, disconnecting/reconnecting battery,
Checking wires are plugged in on the drivers' door,
checking ECU

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.
Old 01-01-03, 08:38 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I also had a problem opening the trunk using the interior switch. The problem was resolved by replacing the theft computer. It is located above the brake pedal.
Old 01-02-03, 01:01 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by strongsail
hey Six7390GT, your car is the same color as mine, I think, Silver Spruce Metallic, right? I'm in W. WA too - -

I have a '93 - my seat memory can only be set with the ignition in the run position, shifter in park, foot off the brake. If the buttons are not programmed, they will not beep. If the battery is disconnected, the seat memory is erased.

Memory settings control driver's seat (except for lumbar), side mirrors and steering wheel. Steering wheel has a separate memory that remembers the position when the key is removed, if the auto-retract is turned on.
My memory in my SC400 and SC300 both handle the seat, mirrors, and steering position.
Old 01-02-03, 02:07 PM
rushgator
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by RalAegidius
Heh, I guess this is a pretty common problem. I have dual 8-way seats in the front, and the memory set does not work at all for either of them. The seats themselves work fine, as does the steering wheel auto-memory.

Ral
The memory function is only for the drivers side seat.

Quick Reply: Seat memory fix?