Lexi's Update :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-12 | 10:11 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver
CL Folding 100000

Smile Lexi's Update :)

Well Herrow

I don't know if any of you remember, but I was having crazy problems with Lexi (95 SC300) and I didn't know what exactly was the problem.

*Here's the link to what I had first posted*
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-95-sc300.html

My father and I have been through hell getting to the root of the problem, and of course it was the ECM. I live in Florida and my dad's mechanic friend had sent in my ECM to some place in Miami and they were terrible. They took so long to get back with me, and I didn't understand why my ECM wasn't repaired and sent back within the week that they promised. My dad's friend went down to Miami and asked about the ECM and they said the core was completely fried.

Long story short, we had to buy another rebuilt ECM. I also got a tune-up which was long overdue, (as many of you had mentioned).

I'm eternally grateful to Lexi because she has quite a story to tell. I got my license on Feb 7th, and I did my driving test in Lexi. As I was doing my 3-point turn, Lexi was barely making it. I really thought I was going to fail that test. I actually thought Lexi would have to be pushed off the driving course. Thank God though, I passed my test and made it home safely with Lexi. Funny thing was, as I was about to go out, Lexi just idled and shut off right when I was about to pull out of my yard. Since the day I got my license, Lexi had been sitting for over a month. I can't even tell you how many intersections my dad and I had to push Lexi through.

BUT She's all better now and I just wanted to thank everyone who replied my thread, and also the people of CL who are continuing to educate a young grasshopper like myself. Glad to be a part of the community.

Old 06-19-12 | 10:18 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Herrow dere and welcome. Once you get her in running condition man you gotta drop her

Best of luck bro.
Old 06-19-12 | 10:27 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver
CL Folding 100000

Hah, why thank you. My dad got her used and she had Ruff Racing 19s on them at the time. I do plan to save up for a front lip kit, hids and a new paint job. Oh, and a interior new door handle, but that's easy stuff.

She does have some issues that I need to work on also. The driver's side paneling was messed up. The last idiot who worked on it had stapled it back on. -__- Trunk struts are out, and the steering wheel lock is broken into one set position. I've been looking for a way to fix that.

Why does making a car look + run good be soooo expensive . I'd kill for more than half the cars on here.
Old 06-20-12 | 05:33 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

We have spent countless hours on our cars, talking about the ones on here that you would kill for.... Dont worry you will get the chance to do the same... Nice pick up and let the modding begin.. Just make sure to post alot of pictures up...GL
Old 06-20-12 | 09:04 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver
CL Folding 100000

Why thank you And I will be sure to do that. To be honest, I don't ever have much to say in the forum because I don't know very much about cars to begin with. Oh well, it's a learning process
Old 06-20-12 | 09:12 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

You will learn so much on this forum and you can take my word for it man if you have any other.questions I'm pretty sure its already been asked and you can probably find it in the SC3/400 thread. Where you at in Florida?
Old 06-20-12 | 09:32 AM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Welcome to the sandstone fam!
You got a endless amount of thousands to drop in her, so be prepared!
Old 06-20-12 | 09:44 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by SRTGS300
Where you at in Florida?
I'm in Orlando D:

I don't see many SC300s around here. I do see alot of SC400s though. And you're right. I have been learning quite a bit on here.

Everytime I see a decked out Lexus, I'm like.. damn I wonder if they're on CL lol.

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Welcome to the sandstone fam!
You got a endless amount of thousands to drop in her, so be prepared!
LOL, thanks. There is another color similar to the sandstone though, what's the name of that one? I never knew o_o

Hah, I know right. For a first car, she's my dream. Idk if anyone else is like this too, but I get upset driving her because I don't want to put miles on her.

It's stupid I know
Old 06-20-12 | 09:48 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Bro I feel you. I bought a 5Series to daily drive so my Lex can sleep in the driveway and look cute haha. Oh man you missed a huge meet that was up there

Last edited by Justin2JZ; 06-20-12 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-20-12 | 09:56 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver
CL Folding 100000

5 Series? Lucky you lol.

I didn't even know there was a meet up here, wow.

I do know about that Cigarz meet that's monthly or something, but I don't know if there is an age limit to go o_O
Old 06-20-12 | 10:13 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Yeah man I'm trying to keep it in tip top shape.

The meet was the V2Lab Mystery Meet, one of the biggest meets in FL. Just look in the FL section and see.
Old 06-20-12 | 03:41 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver
CL Folding 100000

OH. Wow l should have seen that. I don't think I would fit in well at these meets. o_o I support CL all the way but I'm more of a under the radar person lol.

Thanks for telling me though.
Old 06-20-12 | 05:34 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Cmon man just because you're a young gun doesn't mean you can't go out and meet other SC owners that can help you with yours .
Old 06-20-12 | 07:23 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver
CL Folding 100000

LOL, you're right. I actually don't live too far from the Cigarz one, and I should make an effort sadly. You all are nicer than I thought though, cause some car owners have the most stuck up personalities. I never been on a forum where everyone has been so helpful, you know, car-wise.

I could use some help though, on the real. My next issue is just the airbag light because everyone is telling me it's not a big deal but I feel like it is. I guess I'm OCD idk. I did read about the fixes in the SC3/400 Megalink thread but I'm not sure if it's a code 22 error or not.
Old 06-20-12 | 08:33 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Now idk about that one haha. Yeah man I joined the bimmerpost when I got my 535i and I tell you those 3 series guys are asshats so yeah us CL fam are well civilized and mature.

Quick Reply: Lexi's Update :)