SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Cipher racing seats.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-12, 04:50 PM
flsc300
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cipher racing seats.

I have searched and haven't had any luck. Have you guys ever heard about cipher racing seats or even their company. They seem to be highly rated by alot of ppl in different forums. Neway I think these are the seats I'm going to go with. I like the style and the price is great. http://www.cipherauto.com/BRacing-Seatsb/Cipher-Racing.

The one thing that I can't decide is wether to go with a black seat with red stitching or white stitching. The white I know will be a pain to keep clean but for some reason I think they look cleaner. Neway guys I think this is a great alternative to buying stock used seats for the same price or even more taught I would share.
Old 06-24-12, 06:07 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

I've never heard of Cipher Seats at all, and I have never really seen people with them either. They are nice, and they don't look half bad for the price they're at.

The ones I saw on there that i liked are $700 though -___-

Depends on the color of your car I guess. If your car is red, then get the one with the red stitching. But if your car isn't red, just go with the white cause white looks fine with anything. It's not like you spill stuff on your car seats everyday, I'm sure they won't be too bad to maintain.

Good luck on getting the seats, post pics so we can see how it looks
Old 06-24-12, 06:11 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My friend had a set in his Jetta they seems short, aloth thing is the slider with the seat seemed weird, it wouldn't move with the seat. So if you are tall it would be sticker out alot with the seat back. I am not sure if that is a Jetta only thing though.
Old 06-24-12, 06:27 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've seen a lot of BMW people use them
If you do a search on google, there are a lot of reviews from a lot of different type of car owners
They seem to be affordable and offer a lot of styles to choose from.
Old 06-24-12, 06:27 PM
flsc300
Rookie

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
I've never heard of Cipher Seats at all, and I have never really seen people with them either. They are nice, and they don't look half bad for the price they're at.

Depends on the color of your car I guess. If your car is red, then get the one with the red stitching. But if your car isn't red, just go with the white cause white looks fine with anything. It's not like you spill stuff on your car seats everyday, I'm sure they won't be too bad to maintain.

I was kinda leaning towards the white too. My car is dwp. And of course the expensive ones are alway the sexiest lol. I will try to do a DIY but I'm getting the brackets from them also to make it a bolt on product so may be captain obvious thread lol. Guess I'll be the first to have it in an scxxx
Old 06-24-12, 06:44 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A good cheap seat company with lots of good rep is Corbeau. I plan on going with them as soon as I start to work on my interior.

looking through google and seeing that this is the seat up close I would not want to drive with these. looks as safe as a office chair would be in a car, hinge looks scary if you were to trust that in an accident...

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/f207...-seats-356298/
Old 06-24-12, 08:18 PM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always try to find the positive in things but these seats dnt look tht great from tht install thread above^^^^

they dnt look very safe. they even kinda ressemble the advance auto part seats. i wouldnt trust them. however they are nice looking. especially the 700 dollar ones
Old 06-24-12, 09:35 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

I heard of them to I just want the brackets for my evo 8 recaro seats wedge engineering brackets had problems I saw on supra forums. I'll let u know how it goes once I buy them
Old 06-24-12, 09:58 PM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by cmh
i always try to find the positive in things but these seats dnt look tht great from tht install thread above^^^^

they dnt look very safe. they even kinda ressemble the advance auto part seats. i wouldnt trust them. however they are nice looking. especially the 700 dollar ones
Actually they hold a pretty good rep in the mustang community for being an inexpensive alternative to recaros, corbeaus and all the likes.

They are even a sponsor on moddedmustangs.com iirc
Old 06-25-12, 06:35 AM
cmh
Lexus Test Driver

well if they are safe i say go for it! the price is right thats for sure.
Old 06-25-12, 07:36 AM
flsc300
Rookie

http://www.mothermary.com/vx/recaro_disassembly/. Kinda looks the same. Design as far as construction. I know that recaros are a better seat but I can't help but think your paying most of your money for a name brand.
Old 06-25-12, 10:15 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Originally Posted by flsc300
I was kinda leaning towards the white too. My car is dwp. And of course the expensive ones are alway the sexiest lol. I will try to do a DIY but I'm getting the brackets from them also to make it a bolt on product so may be captain obvious thread lol. Guess I'll be the first to have it in an scxxx
Ikr. Which seats were the ones you wanted to get? And it would be interesting to see. I don't have any intentions of changing my seats, but who knows. Oh ok, so you already got the seats then if you are getting brackets from them too? Lol, it's good to be different
Old 06-25-12, 08:39 PM
flsc300
Rookie

Ikr. Which seats were the ones you wanted to get? And it would be interesting to see. I don't have any intentions of changing my seats, but who knows. Oh ok, so you already got the seats then if you are getting brackets from them too? Lol, it's good to be different
Havent gotten the seats yet I'm still debating. But if/when I do I will get the brackets.
Old 06-26-12, 10:47 PM
runabout
Rookie

a buddy of mine has them in his 350z. we swapped out some megans for these.. only thing is that they make the brackets upon order. the seat overall seems legit. the padding is quite stiff tho. but i like the seat overall. cant beat the price. i wouldnt mind getting a set for the sc just to have them. they have several option as far as material. they were also shipped fairly quick. took them about two weeks to make and ship the brackets if im not mistaken. as far as seat hight. id say it was a bit lower compared to the 350z. but that all depends on you hight.
Old 06-30-12, 09:12 AM
Warlock1
Driver School Candidate

On the sliders make sure that both sliders latch. Some of the cheaper ones only latch on one side

Quick Reply: Cipher racing seats.