SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Questions for all members who are "slammed"

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-12, 09:19 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
I don't get threads like these... If you wanna go low why are you concerned about drivability? Just lower your car to your own convenience, problem solved. Remember, whatever you do to your car is for your own personal satisfaction, not for other people to appreciate what you're doing to it. It's not like other people is paying for it.

How its sitting right now until I fix my alt problem.

A good 1 inch distance from fender to wheel rim.

Mine is a daily driven family car, grocery getter, school bus, work car, long drive car, pretty much everything. I have to do small sacrifices driving it like this, but nothing major for me not to be able to bring it anywhere I wanna go. For example, the place we go to to do grocery has 3 entrances, but I have to sacrifice not being able to use 1 entrance and risk getting stuck. My condo has 2 entrances, and 1 have 3 thin tall speed bumps which I rarely use. I drive to my in-laws at least once a month which is an hour and a half drive, over 80mph no problem. Point is, when you mod your car, you gotta set some guidelines and requirements for you to still be able to drive it properly.

And to the guy who said he thought people bought these cars because they're comfortable; if we want a comfortable car, we would buy something a little bit new. Since new technology means much better comfortability. For whatever reason, wether its because these cars look "cool", stance, boost, drift, etc. a lot of owners definitely didn't buy this cars for comfortability alone since its a 13-20 year old cars.
I understand you on this... If your concerned about driveability why Lower the car to that extent. I totally agree with that. But my main point starting this thread was to find out how users like yourself can get such a low stance and still use the SC as a daily family car. Like I said, it's because I would really like to have a ride height like the heights that some members have already show cased on this thread. I was just curious about what it took these members like yourself to get their daily driver to their desired look.
Old 07-12-12, 12:03 PM
PeteSoarer
Driver

If there's scraping problems in front this helps a bit. I don't have any more scrape in front, besides sometimes tire hits the fender when turning. Stiffer springs and stabilizer bar would help with body roll.

Before.

After.

Old 07-12-12, 12:16 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woah, did you just take a grinder to that and cut it all off? It's been a while since i've been under there, was there nothing important to be attached there?
Old 07-12-12, 12:26 PM
PeteSoarer
Driver

Originally Posted by pieisgude
Woah, did you just take a grinder to that and cut it all off? It's been a while since i've been under there, was there nothing important to be attached there?
Those bolt holes are just for the inner plastic fender or what ever it is in English. I don't believe that two thin sheet metals will weaken the structural stiffness of the frame and chassis.

Yep, with the grinder.

Last edited by PeteSoarer; 07-12-12 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 01:12 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet, i'm definitely doing that soon, my tires will thank me.
Old 07-12-12, 01:52 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice I've been waiting to see someone get up in there and do some cutting
Old 07-14-12, 06:16 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

That's a really good idea.
Old 07-14-12, 11:25 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I will weld mine though after cutting..
Old 07-14-12, 12:25 PM
MIKU*SC3
Lexus Test Driver

I wont go on saying im slammed because i think thats a very strong word that i barely use. People use the term slammed so easily it makes people that arent that low seem SUPER low or something which i kinda get annoyed by.

I consider myself kinda low for now until i start tucking rim like Zach sooner or later.

1) Yes, its my daily as its the only vehicle i own.
2) AC rep front, 97+ side skirts, 95 rear bumper
3) 18x10 +22 all around, 20mm spacer in the rear making it +2 in the rear. I will be putting a +15mm in the front when i get my new tires. Tires in the pic are 225 40 18s square. F camber = -3.8, R camber = -4 Caster is maxed out + and i forget how much toe im running.
4) The only think i dont like are driveways into certain lots and what not, the ones that have a huge incline.
5) I work around this by giving the most angle i can but if i know i cant make it ill just have to rush it and scrape like a mother. But its fun though!!!! Especially when people are staring!!! hahahahaha

Old 07-16-12, 09:01 AM
ItsMiles
Driver

That's a great looking SC bro. Thanks for the answers as well. I'm surprised you're running 40 series tires on that thing. From the picture id swear you have 35s on