SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

considering selling my sc400 and buy a 95NSX-T

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-02 | 02:05 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Default considering selling my sc400 and buy a 95NSX-T

considering selling my sc400 and buy a 95NSX-T. what do you think?

my 1992 sc400 has
veilside front and side skirts
bomex wing
kaminari bumper
18" racing hart C2 Evo2 with brand new tires never mounted
16" momo arrow chrome with a little thread left
CD/MD in-dash 2Din
Car has 66,000 dealer serviced miles with records and documents
remote start with 2 way paging FM alarm
new optima orange top battery
full 60K mile service done @ 58K miles including timing belt, water pump, PCV valve, thermostat, new power steering pump, vavle adjustment etc etc.

except for the dash needles going out nothing else is wrong...

what do you think I can get for this car?
is it even worth selling now?
Old 11-14-02 | 03:13 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

Or maybe you could keep your car and get a older NSX 92 ish and the difference between the 95 and 92 should be significant. NSXs are awesome cars, but is a true sports car and is soooo limited to roominess.
Old 11-14-02 | 03:16 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

i wanted the 95 because 95 is the 1st year they made T-tops.. what do you think my 92 SC4 is worth?
Old 11-14-02 | 03:23 PM
Phoenix88
Lead Lap

I am not sure, I am not aware of US prices for the SC. I live in Canada and I know that one stock, with around 100km (60miles) would go for around 20-25k Canadian, then you would probably be best parting the parts... get about 2/3s value of what you bought? 20-25 canadian is about 12-15k. Thats just what I think... sorry I can't help more.
Old 11-14-02 | 03:26 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Vssc400,... I'm with ya on that,... that's my next move,...

Just gotta recoup some money, sell the SC400 and find a good deal on a NSX,... probably won't be a T model,.. .any black or white NSX will suit me well,...and maybe I'll buy me a hooptie,... a true hooptie,.... tailpipe draggin',...
Old 11-14-02 | 06:49 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

SC's aren't selling for much these days. Hardly worth the $ you can get - mite as well keep it for daily driver and get the NSX for weekend fun.

I'd be only interested in '97+ with the 290hp engine. Spa Yellow and Targa top baby
Old 11-14-02 | 07:55 PM
black sc
Pole Position

NSX is definitely up your alley if, you modded your SC. . Contact me via email if, you need parts/servcie/stories/experiences, etc once you get the NSX.

Last edited by black sc; 11-14-02 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-14-02 | 08:36 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

VSSC400,

How much are looking for your SC400. Any pictures? I know a person in Modesto California who do custom turbo for NSX. He have a NSX with T04. Its a beast. He said its pumping around 450 rwhp.

Currently, earlier model NSX would run early 20's. That is pretty much the bottomline.
Old 11-14-02 | 10:31 PM
henrynguyen
Driver

Smile worth?

NSX wasn't fast at all. 75,000.00 dollars for a v6 engine nsx? Well let do some thinking here. The cars itself look great but the engine need to be modify badly. 75,000.00, you can buy yourself a corvettee, 1000hp+drag racing supra, viper, ferrari, mercedes, bmw, etc... All the faster cars and a lot better looking than NSX for a lot cheaper price. On the road, I don't know about your guys but I have no respect for NSX speed at all accept for good looking car. No offend here; I'm just giving my idea for NSX.
Old 11-14-02 | 10:41 PM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

Default Re: worth?

Originally posted by henrynguyen
NSX wasn't fast at all. 75,000.00 dollars for a v6 engine nsx? Well let do some thinking here. The cars itself look great but the engine need to be modify badly. 75,000.00, you can buy yourself a corvettee, 1000hp+drag racing supra, viper, ferrari, mercedes, bmw, etc... All the faster cars and a lot better looking than NSX for a lot cheaper price. On the road, I don't know about your guys but I have no respect for NSX speed at all accept for good looking car. No offend here; I'm just giving my idea for NSX.

hey whats up???

well i gotta agree with henrynguyen....its a v6 honda....it just looks nice. stick with the 8 and mod it up a little.

If ur gonna look for a sports car...go for a vette i seen a silver one around my area..lets just say i have to change my pants everytime i see it lol
Old 11-14-02 | 11:05 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Honestly the NSX isnt really a bad car. Kind of a tiny engine for such an agressive car and seeing like a V8 or a V10 in there would be much more attractive. For that kind of money you could do nice mods for an SC and get really nice numbers. I gotta admit that car does get lots of looks and around here its pretty rare to see any NSXs. Personally I wouldnt want to give up my SC for a NSX. The engine is truly a big part of that. I wouldnt want to drive around a V6 and give up a V8 for it. The numbers are pretty close but still. A ferrari or viper would be much nicer. The new SRT10 vipers are really tempting. Vettes are really nice too. IMO acuras really wouldnt compare to a vette or viper or ferrari. Its just no contest for me. I would pick so many cars over a NSX. Thats just what I think though. In the end its up to you. If your happy with a NSX go for it.
Old 11-15-02 | 12:19 AM
moshlub
Intermediate

Default Re: worth?

Originally posted by henrynguyen
NSX wasn't fast at all. 75,000.00 dollars for a v6 engine nsx? Well let do some thinking here. The cars itself look great but the engine need to be modify badly. 75,000.00, ...
Other than the fact that the NSX looks like a baby-Ferrari, I couldn't disagree with you more. The NSX is one bad-a$$ car, especially for its time. It may cost alot, but how many cars can you get that has titanium spring retainers? It may be "just a Honda V6", but there is aot of technology that went into it. For a normally-aspirated motor, it was competing with the TT cars, i.e. 300ZXTT, MkIV Supra, RX-7, 3000GT VR-4, from other Japanese manufacturers.

But to say $75k for a V6 engine is a low-blow. How about a four-banger Lotus for $75k??? Bottom line is, do what you each like. I personally would take an NSX over an SC430/400/300 ANYDAY!!! When it comes down to it, it's all about compromise and what you want.
Old 11-15-02 | 12:48 AM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

we go thru this nsx bashing discussion every once in a while.
the knock against the car is always about speed and how 'slow' it is.
the thing is, if you really want to only talk about speed, then the car isn't for you. go buy urself a muscle car.
the nsx is one the best all around car. a semi-exotic mid-engine classic that's fast for a stock n/a car (4.7 0-60 for '97+), has superb handling, advanced technology for it's age and a great alternative to a ferrari level car.
frankly, we think the price is too high because we are not in the market for an exotic. But the people that buy it are the same who are considering a ferrari or an aston martin but wants reliabilty for a good price.
I havn't even gotten into the prestige, exclusivity and other factors that comes with a nsx.
Old 11-15-02 | 01:08 AM
IS200 3SGTE
Pole Position

The NSX is a very nice car and the handling is very highly rated. Very nice looking car and for back in the day it was an awesome sports car, overpriced but very nice, still nice but not as stunning as it was back then.

The V6 is ok and comes with some nice features, but really are people going to jump out of there skin when u tell them u have a Honda V6 with Titanium valve springs?

if you want a sports car that is not too common but with awesome performance i would suggest a supra with some mods. a supra with a TRD 3000GT body kit is one of the best looking cars out there and the engine can creat monster HP, the handling is right up there with the best of them also. And with the huge aftermarket you won't have any problems making the car into exactly what you want.

If you really want a NSX i would wait for the new one that is supposed to come out next year.
Old 11-15-02 | 01:26 AM
strongsail
Instructor

If I were looking for this kind of car (which I'm not) I would go after the car the NSX wants to be - the only 6-cylinder car Ferrari ever built - the 246GT/GTS Dino. Should be able to find a nice one, 30 years old, $60K or so - -

Quick Reply: considering selling my sc400 and buy a 95NSX-T