SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC Nakamichi Amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-02, 11:30 PM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SC Nakamichi Amplifier

Hey all. I just joined the list and have been lurking around reading previous posts for a couple weeks... very informative and have found some good info about my car.

I am in the process of swapping out my stock Pioneer Premium sound system for the Nak system. This all started when I came across a fully working Nak head for $70. Can anyone tell me where I can purchase the Nak amplifier? Any help is much appreciated. (I read the post saying I should run a power line from the battery for the Nak amp which I am contemplating after I get the amp).

I am much impressed over some of the things people have done to their SC audio systems. I didn't really think anybody modified them. I went around trying to change the audio system in 1993 when I first got my car and nobody would touch them. I guess 9 years later things have changed.

Anyway, thanks for all advice.
Old 11-19-02, 12:17 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Nak amps appear often on eBay, usually from owners upgrading their Nak amps to even more powerful amps. Which might be the way you should go- thanks to Pete's Nak Hack (do a search on "Nak Hack"), you can easily find out what head unit wire does what, so that you can wire up any high-power amp to your Nak head unit, rather than settle for the Nak Amp's relatively modest output.
Old 11-19-02, 01:47 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually have the harness hack for all the wires for both the Nak and Pioneer systems. I really was pretty happy with the Pioneer system until I came across this nak head unit. I don't want to go over board on this (which is what I usually tend to do) and would be happy with a Nak system. I've read a lot of the threads and have begun dreaming of the various systems I would like to put in my car, only to slap myself before I whip out the plastic and go nuts.

Besides, I want to spread what little I can spend onto the suspension/performance aspects of the car.

I've been looking on Ebay, but nothing as of now. Any other suggestions?
Old 11-19-02, 02:34 AM
ztikmedia
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much are you looking to pay? I recently upgraded out of my nak system in my sc400 and am no longer using any of the factory parts. I would sell the amps if the price is right
Old 11-19-02, 05:26 AM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have the speaker that goes next to passenger's right leg by any chance? (with enclosure)
Old 11-19-02, 12:26 PM
ztikmedia
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have only the front left one that is functional. the rest are blown but i do have them with enclosures.