SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got seats today from leatherseats.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-02, 06:22 PM
928owner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, and the replacements with the perfereated centers does not have the little leather "pouch" for the old rods.... I tried just "hogging" them in, but it looked like ite was being pulled when looking at it from the ouside, so I left those out. I have a feeling that this rod is not really needed, as i couldn't get it to move or pop up once all together. Perhaps the original needs the center support.

Bob
Old 11-26-02, 01:10 AM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Bob,

You should be able to work out all the creases or bunching. I just started in the centers and worked my way out. Do not crimp the rings to tight, it will cause ripping later. You may have noticed that the factory ones are not doubled around. Just tight enuff to keep it in place...no need to make it super tight.

Also, I posted how to get the back of the front seats off......look up.

MW
Old 11-26-02, 11:17 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by squarehat
That looks like the interior of a Maxima
yup my Maxima is the one with the custom interior my Lexus doesnt have it yet...
Old 11-27-02, 03:56 PM
928owner
Driver

Talking

MW,
I saw the picture you posted on the newer thread, and the bunching that I have exprienced is less than what you have, so I must have been doing it right! I think it is just the fact that the leather is softer than the original.

There are those two rubber tie wrap things which help pull down the leather in the head rest area. I used them, but I don't think they are needed.

The rears go in this WE!
Bob
Old 11-27-02, 11:47 PM
pcmw
Lexus Champion

Bob,

I hear ya...sit in the seat for a few weeks and they all disappear. You probably missed the newer pics posted in other threads.

Good luck. The back is easy.

MW

And yes I used the rubberbands to tighten the upper shoulders.
Old 01-02-03, 02:53 PM
SMARK
Driver

Originally posted by 928owner
OK,
The fronts are DONE, and although you may not need the SC service manual, if you don't you better know how to get the back off, and some other "tricks" like removing the recliner ****, or your apt to break clips or rip up the covers.
What is the "trick" to remove the recliner lever? I see that it is held in place with a clip, but I don't see an easy way to remove it.
Old 01-02-03, 03:56 PM
SMARK
Driver

I was finally able to get it off by using a long pick from the bottom side of the seat.
Old 01-02-03, 04:54 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If someone replaced their leather and they happen to have a gray interior would you mind sending me the old ones? I want to perform restoration steps on them.
Old 01-02-03, 11:16 PM
Ryan
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had my leather installed for a couple of weeks now. I had a leather shop install them and make the side armrests out of extra leather. It looks great! Here's the question:

Do you guys find that you kind of stick to the seats - not quite as much as say suede, but not as slick as OEM? Does it get smoother with time or with a leather conditioner? This isn't really a problem or anything, just wondering what others experiences were.
Old 01-03-03, 03:58 AM
SMARK
Driver

Originally posted by Ryan
I've had my leather installed for a couple of weeks now. I had a leather shop install them and make the side armrests out of extra leather.
What did they charge you for installation? After working on my passenger seat earlier today, I am not at all looking forward to working on the driver's seat and the rest.
Old 01-03-03, 04:33 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

so how much did everyone pay for there leather seats??
Old 01-03-03, 04:51 AM
SMARK
Driver

Originally posted by Jmai22
so how much did everyone pay for there leather seats??
Deluxe kit $743 including delivery and installation kit. BTW, if you can buy hog rings and pliers locally, don't buy the kit. My pliers wouldn't hold the rings after just a little use, so I had to buy another pair for $8 before I finished the first bucket seat.

After working on the passenger seat today, my advice is to let a professional do it unless you have experience with this. I'm sure I'm not as talented as others here - I found the job to be more difficult than they did.
Old 01-03-03, 04:52 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by SMARK

Deluxe kit $743 including delivery and installation kit. BTW, if you can buy hog rings and pliers locally, don't buy the kit. My pliers wouldn't hold the rings after just a little use, so I had to buy another pair for $8 before I finished the first bucket seat.

After working on the passenger seat today, my advice is to let a professional do it unless you have experience with this. I'm sure I'm not as talented as others here - I found the job to be more difficult than they did.
743 for the groupbuy?? whats a deluxe kit?
Old 01-03-03, 05:05 AM
SMARK
Driver

Originally posted by Jmai22

743 for the groupbuy?? whats a deluxe kit?
No, not part of the group buy. Contact www.leatherseats.com for more info.
Old 01-03-03, 01:54 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default c

Hey..can someone post finalized pictures of their install?

Quick Reply: Got seats today from leatherseats.com