SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

I cant sleep! I GOT THE DEAL OF MY LIFE! PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-12, 06:14 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't worry about the negative comments, everyone here knows you got a good deal. Especially if its running good and the body/interior look good. Its funny when people are so negative about a salvage title, the car is 12-13 years old. It does not take much for an SC to be considered "totaled" in an accident with the age of the car and the cost of oem parts to fix it. I know 90% of the people here would still want to keep their SC if it was in a fender bender and insurance said it was totaled.
Old 08-21-12, 07:48 PM
devinb30
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99rx
Was it the place off of Dale Mabry and Waters? If so, which it looks like it is, I drove it. It needs a lot of work! Extremely loud exhaust leak, interior was not in the best shape, trunk wouldn't open, wrong keys, horrible shake at 50mph. The paint job that was done, from the FOUR accidents it was in, was very bad IMO. I know this because he gave me the Carfax. They were all front end accidents... Salvaged title. Was it a black gentleman? That's who I was dealing with and he wouldn't sell it for less than $3500. Guess he didn't have luck selling it. Be VERY careful with this one...

Okay.. you obviously didint look at this car properly.

NO exhaust leak. the mufflers were cut off.

INTERIOR IS MINT!. i cleaned it and reconditioned the seats and it looks perfect. its a 12 year old car its not brand new. there's NO tears in the leather and everything was in working condition.

keys were not wrong. The key used to start was the valet key and the 2000 sc300 keys have the buttons on the key, the metal part was just broken on the actual key.

and like i said the front driver brake caliper were seized of course theres vibration! i changed the caliper and the car has no vibration!

trunk opens fine to me. use the buttons on the key remote and unlock duh.

THE paint job was a fresh paint job! i needs the be wet sanded and buffed thats all. Its getting done tomorrow.

i got the car for 2800$ which is a steal.

ONCE THE CAR IS OUT I WILL TAKE DETAILED PICTURES AND EVERYONE CAN MAKE THERE OWN OPINIONS>

the carfax shows ONE accident, and TWO CLAIMS. ITS FOUR TIMES THE CAR GOT REGISTERED AS A REBUILT TITLE!
Old 08-21-12, 07:54 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts

It sounds like you got a great deal, regardless if it was salvaged. It's hard to find a black on black 2000 SC.

Do you have any big plans for your new car?
Old 08-21-12, 07:56 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

lol ^^ sounds like he passed up on a gem because of some minor problems.

is there anyway to find out what was rebuilt? how bad it was,,what was replaced,,,etc.....
Old 08-21-12, 08:07 PM
devinb30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by devinb30
Okay.. you obviously didint look at this car properly.

NO exhaust leak. the mufflers were cut off.

INTERIOR IS MINT!. i cleaned it and reconditioned the seats and it looks perfect. its a 12 year old car its not brand new. there's NO tears in the leather and everything was in working condition.

keys were not wrong. The key used to start was the valet key and the 2000 sc300 keys have the buttons on the key, the metal part was just broken on the actual key.

and like i said the front driver brake caliper were seized of course theres vibration! i changed the caliper and the car has no vibration!

trunk opens fine to me. use the buttons on the key remote and unlock duh.

THE paint job was a fresh paint job! i needs the be wet sanded and buffed thats all. Its getting done tomorrow.

i got the car for 2800$ which is a steal.

ONCE THE CAR IS OUT I WILL TAKE DETAILED PICTURES AND EVERYONE CAN MAKE THERE OWN OPINIONS>

the carfax shows ONE accident, and TWO CLAIMS. ITS FOUR TIMES THE CAR GOT REGISTERED AS A REBUILT TITLE!

heres the wrong key you was talking about? not there right just one is broken.

here is your major exhaust leak! sike its just missing a mufflers.. which is a simple fix

if you think this interior is not in good condition? slap your self. or please show me your sc interior and tell me how much you paid for it.

And this car is 100% clean. The paint job is not perfect but its not ****. just alot of fish eye.. but thats why you clear coat a car so you can wet sand and buff it to perfection.
Old 08-21-12, 08:12 PM
devinb30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
lol ^^ sounds like he passed up on a gem because of some minor problems.

is there anyway to find out what was rebuilt? how bad it was,,what was replaced,,,etc.....
To be honest the car was totaled in New York. in the state of new york you dont need frame damage to total a car. this car was hit in the front. But on carfax it shows it was fixed by a lexus or toyota dealer. Which means IF there was any radiator support damage they most likely replaced it and did a 100% proper job.

But regardless The car runs great! i have no idea what this guy is talking about.. Alot of work..

Ive owned the car for two days now. and its 100% working condition, and 0 problems. Ive had people offer me already up to 5,000$ for the car
Old 08-21-12, 08:20 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

good to hear lexus/toyota did the repairs that means alot

and the fact that the owner didnt bother to fix/replace caliper and muffler shows he really didn know much about cars at all, or he really didnt care and just wanted to get rid of it

I would of jumped all over this car too
Old 08-21-12, 08:22 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 164 Likes on 123 Posts

Was the steering wheels changed? It looks OEM but not from an SC. Just curious.
If its not, i would take it off and make sure the airbag was put on correctly and not just slapped on for the look.

The car looks nice and from what you are saying you got a pretty decent deal on it. I would check to see if there is any frame damage to the car just to be safe, other than that looks real good. Ask whoever is doing your wetsand/buff to tell you if it was repainted with single stage or two stage paint. Should be easy to figure out when the guy is wetsanding since a single stage paint will leave pigment on the sandpaper.

Car looks real good otherwise, judging by the pics its in better condition than mine.
Congrads!
Old 08-21-12, 08:24 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 431 Likes on 355 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
good to hear lexus/toyota did the repairs that means alot

and the fact that the owner didnt bother to fix/replace caliper and muffler shows he really didn know much about cars at all, or he really didnt care and just wanted to get rid of it

I would of jumped all over this car too
Yeah, I would've jumped on getting the car too if it were local. I've always wanted a black on black 2000 SC.
Old 08-21-12, 08:43 PM
moosejaw2
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had you stated a lot of the issues beforehand you would have ignored the negative nancies as myself and you story would have sounded more plausible, I myself bought my car for $2k which had some issues but had a clean title.
Your car would have sold in Miami for no less than 5K salvage or not and that's if it sat on a lot for over 90 days.
Old 08-21-12, 08:45 PM
devinb30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by vteruni
Was the steering wheels changed? It looks OEM but not from an SC. Just curious.
If its not, i would take it off and make sure the airbag was put on correctly and not just slapped on for the look.

The car looks nice and from what you are saying you got a pretty decent deal on it. I would check to see if there is any frame damage to the car just to be safe, other than that looks real good. Ask whoever is doing your wetsand/buff to tell you if it was repainted with single stage or two stage paint. Should be easy to figure out when the guy is wetsanding since a single stage paint will leave pigment on the sandpaper.

Car looks real good otherwise, judging by the pics its in better condition than mine.
Congrads!
Theres not airbag light on. and its a lexus airbag. Im not sure.

and my dad said its not single stage.. it has at least 3 coats of clear on top. he painted cars and he is the one wet sanding it.
Old 08-21-12, 09:00 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I smell A LOT of hating on this thread.. wether or not this car is salvage.

CONGRATS OP, you got a great deal that thing is CLEANNNNNNNNNNNN

Last edited by Vroomin350; 08-21-12 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-21-12, 09:04 PM
devinb30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Vroomin350
I smell A LOT of hating on this thread.. wow....

CONGRATS OP, you got a great deal
Thank you sir!
Old 08-21-12, 09:08 PM
devinb30
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
It sounds like you got a great deal, regardless if it was salvaged. It's hard to find a black on black 2000 SC.

Do you have any big plans for your new car?

thanks man. and yes as soon as i sell my 1993 sc400. the money i get from that will go towards this sc4300.

thinking about ksport air suspension, with some nice 18 or 19" low offset wheels maybe varrstoens.
Old 08-21-12, 09:25 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I want that steering wheel.

Quick Reply: I cant sleep! I GOT THE DEAL OF MY LIFE! PICS