SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JDM TT 2.5L soarer

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-02, 06:05 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Emerald
yeah, A lot of people see the prices and want to jump on a deal but it adds up sooo much

I didnt want to see anyone make a mi$take like I did last summer.
I had an sc300(purchased here),sold it to purchase a Skyline over-seas. Ended up having the car shipped here and back to Japan to be resold. Ended up losing a bit over 2k over the whole deal.

There was a loophole at the DOT that was closed a week prior to me sending my deposit over there
since I'm in car export business and i do talk to inspector at US custom office often.... DON"T buy car in Japan and ship it over and expect to pick it up when it arrived! Its is not going to work.. US custom will NOT release your car. You will have to show document that proof this car meet all the fed standard.. currently there no JDM meet all fed standard ecxcept skyline.. I have seen european and vintage car at the port before but I never seen JDM car been release by US custom...
Old 11-23-02, 01:24 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by splitfire

since I'm in car export business and i do talk to inspector at US custom office often.... DON"T buy car in Japan and ship it over and expect to pick it up when it arrived! Its is not going to work.. US custom will NOT release your car. You will have to show document that proof this car meet all the fed standard.. currently there no JDM meet all fed standard ecxcept skyline.. I have seen european and vintage car at the port before but I never seen JDM car been release by US custom...
Sup Splitfire, I tried to contact you(privately) to give you contact information for the Registered Importer but I was unable to reach you...
Old 11-24-02, 04:48 AM
splitfire
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by JAC JZS

Sup Splitfire, I tried to contact you(privately) to give you contact information for the Registered Importer but I was unable to reach you...
sup JAC, I had work with an RI before so I already know which one you talking about=) thanks anyways
Old 11-24-02, 01:25 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by splitfire

sup JAC, I had work with an RI before so I already know which one you talking about=) thanks anyways
No problem

Last edited by JAC JZS; 11-24-02 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-30-02, 11:36 AM
Idrockasupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is what I would do, buy a skyline from Japan preferably a R32 GTR . Ok, bring the car over for strictly track use ( or say you will ) tow it off the dock whatever blah blah. Then, you go and purchase a 240sx, like the 89, switch the vins, and shave all the GTR emblems off the skyline except for the nissan. Around here a lot of cops dont know too much bout cars and such, so I could easily say that I converted it to RHD, I was thinking about doing this as well, or maybe I should just move to japan