SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2jz jc

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-12, 10:01 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Taken
SC land? Duh hell, I've seen like max 10 SC's living here all my life ..

Also, DIY thread?
I see them all the time, Few modded ones, alot of stock ones... Compared to in the Midwest anyhow!
Old 09-12-12, 10:12 AM
Taken
Rookie

Originally Posted by GotRiceYo
I see them all the time, Few modded ones, alot of stock ones... Compared to in the Midwest anyhow!
I've seen two that are boosting, or three, and the others were bare-bone stock.
Are you from Northern or Southern Florida?
Old 09-12-12, 10:23 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Taken
I've seen two that are boosting, or three, and the others were bare-bone stock.
Are you from Northern or Southern Florida?
Tampa area... You?
Old 09-12-12, 10:28 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

What a great start for such an older SC. What are the future plans of the SC? Not a bad start with the BFI, but i would be afraid of the rain setting in and go somewhere i dont want it to.

BTW, Welcome to the SC department!!!
Old 09-12-12, 10:28 AM
Taken
Rookie

Originally Posted by GotRiceYo
Tampa area... You?
Miami, lol.
Old 09-12-12, 10:57 AM
SaintLouSC
Rookie

Any more pictures showing those FR500s?
Old 09-12-12, 08:20 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GotRice: I'm originally from England but I'm living in Pella now. About 30 mins from DSM. Where do you prefer?

Taken: Sure. I'll make a DIY thread tomorrow if I get time. It's not gonna be too time consuming

1992Lexus: I'm not too worried about it. If water gets in I doubt it will be enough to bother me. However, I'm gonna get a bypass valve to just make sure. And I'm wanting to stay auto with it, but I'd like to get a built 5 or 6 speed auto transmission controlled by a Suprastick and an E shift IS300 wheel. Maybe, just maybe I can get a wheel from an IS250 to work. For this year though, I'm planning on a TT BBK, TT LSD, And an XS Power kit pushing 9 psi. Ohhhh and coilovers!

SaintLouSC: I'll try to get some pictures of them tommorrow. I wanna get some with a nice backdrop anyway.

Last edited by Jos; 09-12-12 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-13-12, 06:01 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jos
GotRice: I'm originally from England but I'm living in Pella now. About 30 mins from DSM. Where do you prefer?

Taken: Sure. I'll make a DIY thread tomorrow if I get time. It's not gonna be too time consuming

1992Lexus: I'm not too worried about it. If water gets in I doubt it will be enough to bother me. However, I'm gonna get a bypass valve to just make sure. And I'm wanting to stay auto with it, but I'd like to get a built 5 or 6 speed auto transmission controlled by a Suprastick and an E shift IS300 wheel. Maybe, just maybe I can get a wheel from an IS250 to work. For this year though, I'm planning on a TT BBK, TT LSD, And an XS Power kit pushing 9 psi. Ohhhh and coilovers!

SaintLouSC: I'll try to get some pictures of them tommorrow. I wanna get some with a nice backdrop anyway.
I have family in Pella.. Nice little small town... But way to small for me.. theres only like 1 mcdonalds.. I prefer DSM.. or Iowa City. Good car following in the DSM area if you find the right guys
Old 09-13-12, 01:25 PM
Jos
Driver

Hahaha! Way to small for me too.. I avoid the McDonald's but there is nowhere near enough to do around here! I'm going to the IPOC meet up in DSM at the end of this month as I know a few guys that are pretty cool going to it so I figured I would try it. I'm looking to move somewhere a little bigger once the girlfriend gets done at ISU.
Old 10-05-12, 09:15 AM
Jos
Driver

Default Update: Tires and "extra costs"

I had to get new tires this week, after checking the rears I noticed wires due to the camber wear so i ordered them and had them put on on Monday. While the car was in the shop I noticed that my drivers side front had wires showing too. Ughh..So I paid for my rears, came home and ordered my fronts. Had them done today. Total: $534.

Well Wednesday after work I decided to get a haircut. Well on the way back I was sitting at a stop light in town when a State Patrol went past me... I didn't think anything until he turned around.

After pulling me over he was the rudest, most arrogant, racist, impolite, disrespectful person I have met in a long time. I'm always polite and tell the truth, any other officer who's pulled me over has always ended up walking away smiling. This guy would have ticketed his own mother.

After about 30 mins of sitting talking to him he told me I had an 87$ ticket for no license plate on the front, after I'd explained I don't have a bracket so my license plate won't stay, it has to not swing as per state law... Oh well I'll fight this later I thought.

Then he proceeded to tell me I had a 127.50$ ticket for my window tint...Now this is something I was not aware of was illegal. Seeing as the cop that pulled me over before never said a word ... talk about continuity in the law...not. I get headaches anyway so the tint has helped at night, I have to wear sunglasses during the day when driving into the sun. So..I'll have to get a note.
Total. $214.50

This guy was such an ****...rude and disrespectful doesn't begin to cut it.

If anyone in Iowa wants to know who he is PM me so you can keep an eye out or know who he is if or when he gets you.

Total for this week.

$748.50 ... yay me.
Old 10-05-12, 10:44 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about this my man!!

You should be able to get out of the tint ticket at best.. ****ty week though!

Iowa state patrol dont mess around, they are known to be **** holes!
Old 10-06-12, 06:30 PM
Jos
Driver

Yeah, really not my best week. Hopefully I can. I'm gonna look into it further and do my research and get my doctors note etc, before I go to the court date.

On a positive note, the Falken Ziex ZE 912's on the back and Falken Ziex ZE 512's are FAR stickier than the Achilles ATR's that were on there. Just adds such a better feel to acceleration, cornering and braking.
Old 10-10-12, 08:46 AM
xwingzero2
Pole Position

dont worry about it dude. those cops are dont come often
Old 10-10-12, 06:47 PM
LowerIt
Driver School Candidate

Love your SC. The gold is great. Way more interesting than my black. Yours is cleaner too!
Old 10-12-12, 02:14 PM
Jos
Driver

Thanks guys! I really like the gold too but black looks sick! I think you're crazy...but each to their own lol! and I got it clean...I'm keeping it clean. I wipe down the interior and clean everything including the seats every week. Engine bay gets cleaned once every two weeks and exterior once a week proper wash. I love my SC...haha. I'm trying to find some 97+ tails and LS400 brakes.

If anyone knows somebody selling any or is willing to run to a junkyard for me I'll be glad to pay for it as long as the price is right!

Quick Reply: 2jz jc