SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

2jz jc

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-12, 02:54 PM
BAD954BOI
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Iol.. Clean sc man .. I remember when my sandstone looked like that under the hood
Old 10-19-12, 05:25 PM
BSkipper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all that posted: Jos nice car! I used to live in Cherokee then I moved over to the east side of the state. I have since migrated to warmer climates (Fla) which is where I acquired my sc400. Taken and got rice, where in Fl are you? Trying to meet some people with similar interests. I'm near Bradenton. Hope to meet some fun people around here.
Old 10-31-12, 06:40 PM
Jos
Driver

Default First thing to replace on this car! Here we go...

Well, the other day I was talking to my girlfriend on my lunch break and all of a sudden I hear a "POP". I'd read so much about the SC's that I just looked at her and said " I hope that's not my regulator." So with my eyes closed I pressed the drivers window button... Noise...No movement. "(Insert bad words here)"

So now I'm in need of a drivers side window regulator for a 93 Sc300, does anybody have one for sale or access to one? I read that a few of the guys here have got them for right around 100$?

For now its taped with double sided tape to the top of the window runner.

On a much better note I have ordered a double din and HID's. I'm really just gonna keep an eye out for any 97+ stuff especially side skirts and tails.

Any help or direction would be awesome. Cheers
Old 10-31-12, 06:45 PM
Jos
Driver

Originally Posted by BAD954BOI
Iol.. Clean sc man .. I remember when my sandstone looked like that under the hood
Thanks very much, mate!

You should show me what it looks like now! Or do you have a thread?

To all that posted: Jos nice car! I used to live in Cherokee then I moved over to the east side of the state. I have since migrated to warmer climates (Fla) which is where I acquired my sc400. Taken and got rice, where in Fl are you? Trying to meet some people with similar interests. I'm near Bradenton. Hope to meet some fun people around here.
Cheers! See this is why I like CL! Here we are makin' friends all over the country
Old 11-02-12, 09:44 AM
Jos
Driver

Default BUMP! Also looking for an engine cover!

Previous questions still apply

Also, decided I would like an engine cover that would fit my 93 SC300, I realize that I will need to figure out a way of attaching it but thats the easy part. I've been searching for 2 days and can't find one! Is there anyone who has one?

Cheers guys!
Old 11-02-12, 09:45 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

you mean the 98+ vvti cover?
Old 11-02-12, 11:26 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

I have a 01+ gs300 vvti motor engine cover. It should fit but you gotta find ways to mount it as the intake manifold has studs to attach it. Let me know that's its missing the Lexus emblem.
Old 11-02-12, 04:44 PM
6SOARER
Lexus Test Driver

damn, your interior is nearly new and almost perfect. Looks amazing. As far as for parts, hit up the classifieds, Aliga would be your best bet. He can usually get you anything you need for a fair price.
Old 11-02-12, 06:10 PM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMHO i would rather stick with the bfi because it looks alot cleaner but to each his own
Old 11-02-12, 07:12 PM
Jos
Driver

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
you mean the 98+ vvti cover?
Yes sir! That'd be the one.

Originally Posted by jwin
I have a 01+ gs300 vvti motor engine cover. It should fit but you gotta find ways to mount it as the intake manifold has studs to attach it. Let me know that's its missing the Lexus emblem.
Can you PM me? I'm thinking I'll take a look at how I could attach it once I get it, I'm not too worried about that.

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
damn, your interior is nearly new and almost perfect. Looks amazing. As far as for parts, hit up the classifieds, Aliga would be your best bet. He can usually get you anything you need for a fair price.
Thanks mate! I really try hard to keep it clean! It's nice to know it's paying off! Cheers for the redirection!

Originally Posted by Nova
IMHO i would rather stick with the bfi because it looks alot cleaner but to each his own
Once I've figured out a way to use different piping on the lower end of the intake I will change it as I don't like how it does not look stock. It's not as clean as I would like. Thanks for the input though! It's all appreciated.
Old 11-06-12, 08:18 PM
Jos
Driver

Okay. So after O.L.T confirmed my fear that the head gasket was the only way oil could get into the coolant. The car is now down for the count for a while... a little earlier than I wanted to Oh well... The fact that I need to take the head off now means I'm probably gonna go NA-T over winter. If anybody has any NA-t parts to run around 9 - 10 psi then can you pm me?

I'll take pictures of the HID's and the cream in the radiator tomorrow.
Old 11-12-12, 11:20 PM
BSkipper
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jos c so sorry to hear about your run in with the Iowa super trooper. Been there. Done that. I was driving down Hwy 3 by Storm Lake and the cop drove past me and whipped a U-turn came up behind me so fast you'd have thought he spotted an escaped mass murderer!! Turns out he didn't like my window tint! The saddest thing about it is that I was driving an old LESABRE!!!!! 4 DOORS and All! What a hot ride!! My point is they seem to be excessive in the use of their authority. I do love your ride tho
Old 11-13-12, 08:51 AM
Jos
Driver

Originally Posted by BSkipper
Jos c so sorry to hear about your run in with the Iowa super trooper. Been there. Done that. I was driving down Hwy 3 by Storm Lake and the cop drove past me and whipped a U-turn came up behind me so fast you'd have thought he spotted an escaped mass murderer!! Turns out he didn't like my window tint! The saddest thing about it is that I was driving an old LESABRE!!!!! 4 DOORS and All! What a hot ride!! My point is they seem to be excessive in the use of their authority. I do love your ride tho
I agree. They really do just abuse the power they have. I'm not so worried now as I'm gonna get myself the doctors note for the tint. Shouldn't happen again.

Thanks by the way.

I'll put some pictures up tomorrow evening as I'm hoping to have my exhaust done and my double din installed if I get time.