SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC digital dash How-to

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-12, 08:57 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by UZinator
When I finish up this How-to -I will make it very simple. I actually took the stock connectors out of the PC board of the SC cluster and had been making a very simple adapter that plugs right into the SC harness. When I finish the thread -I will show detailed photos of where to hook up the wires and describe a little about what each does and how it interconnects.

I will show how I took the stock fuel sender and float and put it in a fixed vise and made a chart behind the float to mark the upper and lower float level positions. And then I will give out the part number for a new Olds sender unit that can be removed from the tube assembly and fixed onto the SC assembly in place of the SC sender.

Float/sender assembly: FG09A -and can be had on egay for under $50 delivered

I will then show how to bend the float arm of the newly grafted Olds sender to make the minimum and maximum positions line up to exactly the same positions of the original SC float.

I will show how and where to install the Olds oil pressure sender and how to adapt the plug to the SC harness. I will show how to do the same with the temp sender.

Then I will explain how to install the DD tach calibrator for the 1UZ guys/gals. The JZ guys/gals may not have to use a calibrator since the Olds is already a 6 cylinder.

Then I will explain how to install the DD speedo calibrator and how to do the calibration. It might be a bit of work to do -but I will make it easy to understand.
This is one of the best cluster threads that I have seen, or at least another great option from the factory. My question is how close will all the readings will be. In other words, since I did my swap, the SC400 cluster reads 17 mph slower than the actual speed. Another problem is the tach is off about 1100-1400 rpm depending on the range. This is some questions I would like to know. The progress so far is awesome, and I am subscribed on this idea. I cant believe more people hasn't chimed in.

Roll Tide!!
Old 11-12-12, 10:54 AM
UZinator
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
...since I did my swap, the SC400 cluster reads 17 mph slower than the actual speed. Another problem is the tach is off about 1100-1400 rpm depending on the range...

Roll Tide!!
What instrument panel swap did you do and what all have you swapped that are associated -such as transmission, rear diff or 1JZ / 2JZ swap? I might be able to help you get your readings correct.

MP