SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

lextech lighting

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-12, 09:16 PM
sidwin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lextech lighting

has anyone dealt with them before? do i simply mail my entire climate cluster to them and pay $49 and they'll replace all my dead bulbs?

Thanks,
Sid
Old 09-13-12, 10:05 PM
chrisindub
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sidwin
has anyone dealt with them before? do i simply mail my entire climate cluster to them and pay $49 and they'll replace all my dead bulbs?

Thanks,
Sid

By the time you have removed your cluster, a few more screws and you'll be staring at the bulbs.

There are a number of threads on how to replace bulbs, what bulbs to use etc........
Old 09-14-12, 04:47 AM
sidwin
Pole Position

thanks chris but i saw how you have to bend the lcd panel to get to those bulbs. i'll pass on that... not worth messing up...
Old 09-14-12, 07:28 AM
sc300lexii
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by chrisindub
By the time you have removed your cluster, a few more screws and you'll be staring at the bulbs.

There are a number of threads on how to replace bulbs, what bulbs to use etc........
i would honestly love if you told me what thread shows me the bulbs sizes or which bulbs im suppose to buy cause my cluster is dead, and i could not find one thread actually telling it
Old 09-14-12, 07:47 AM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest going to lextech and reading the instructions, they are pretty specific to ensure satisfaction on both parties sides. If your back lighting is out, you can just replace bulbs. My needles are starting to go, so I might send the cluster over to get everything done one of these days.
Old 09-14-12, 08:00 AM
sc300lexii
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 88supramki
I suggest going to lextech and reading the instructions, they are pretty specific to ensure satisfaction on both parties sides. If your back lighting is out, you can just replace bulbs. My needles are starting to go, so I might send the cluster over to get everything done one of these days.
Do you know by any chance where I can get those replacement bulbs ??!
Old 09-14-12, 08:05 AM
2jzinsider
Rookie

i had a extra climate control so i took the chance to learn/try to change my own lcd/bulbs. i bought the lcd that came with bulbs on ebay for like 20 bucks i think. got my solder gun out and did the job and everything worked! by the way i only have soldered stuff on my rc car car so i'm sure you can do it! lol
Old 09-14-12, 08:13 AM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're going to replace stock bulbs with stock bulbs you might as well do it yourself. If you want LED's and all that fancy stuff send it to them. Go to their forum and keep reading.
Old 09-14-12, 08:14 AM
erikism200
Rookie

this is what i used when i did mine a couple of months ago

lextech lighting-j4tks.jpg
Old 09-14-12, 05:37 PM
chrisindub
Pole Position

thanks chris but i saw how you have to bend the lcd panel to get to those bulbs. i'll pass on that... not worth messing up...
FYI................. the MOST difficult part of replacing your bulbs, needles, or anything in your cluster, is pulling the wiring harness plugs out of the back of the cluster. There are three of them, and they are a major PITA to get out.

There is no LCD panel to bend, just 14 phillips screws, and three tabs to pop off on a circuit board. A child could do it.

I have taken mine in and out swapped bulbs around about ten times with no damage to anything.

Here's links to the bulbs sizes for you gauge cluster, center console, and shifter. Just sack up and do it, you can always put it back if you get scared, hit me up if you need a pep talk first.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...onversion.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-lighting.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...onversion.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lig...-interior.html
Old 09-14-12, 06:10 PM
99rx
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

I just replaced all 8 of them and I don't remember having to bend anything...
Old 09-14-12, 06:30 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

I sent my climate control unit to lextech. After only 6 months the bulb for the rear defroster button is out. I barely night drive too so the lights are almost never on
Old 09-14-12, 07:30 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chrisindub
. Just sack up and do it, you can always put it back if you get scared, hit me up if you need a pep talk first
rofl This should be the SC forum motto.

The only better than that advice is a (and that's just because I have a strange affinity for them... ok I've said too much - just do it)
Old 09-14-12, 09:54 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do it yourself. Seriously. I don't care how retarded you are when it comes to electronics. You can still do it quicker and it will work for a while longer.

<--- another slightly less than impressed customer.
Old 09-15-12, 12:34 AM
chrisindub
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Harbinger
rofl This should be the SC forum motto.

The only better than that advice is a (and that's just because I have a strange affinity for them... ok I've said too much - just do it)
Dude.......... Your signature has my favorite political quote from Mussolini. Nice one!

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

Quick Reply: lextech lighting