SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The SC Manifesto...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-12, 03:03 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The SC Manifesto...

Inspired by OLT, I thought I'd give a sort of mission statement for those of us new to the SCs as well as us old hands.

The idea here is to read the list, and then add your own. Or disagree and correct.

THE only rule for this is that if you disagree, you can't just say "I don't agree". Like the idea behind Club Lexus, we either want to fix it or make it better.

Here goes:
Old 09-16-12, 03:05 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I Promise...

1. To try and remember that all the little quibbles are the joys of owning a classic car. I must have
patience and understanding while standing in the pouring rain trying to figure out why my SC stopped. Owners know that these are solidly built cars whose longevity thus far is a testament to their design and Toyota's committment to excellence.

2. To refrain from slapping any idiot (regardless of age, creed or gender) who thinks my beloved SC is anything other than the perfection she is. While many of the cars designed in the last twenty years share similar characteristics, few have that special something that makes a car... something more.

3. To welcome and support any new visitors to this wonderful phenomenon. And to remember that I once was a clueless new owner with an older car I didn't really understand at the time. To build on that same respect and comraderie that was offered when I first clicked into this site.

4. To thank and appreciate all those who went before me, and who had the courage to fix what they said couldn't be fixed. Showing our gratitude just encourages those mechanically gifted to continually inspire us with their exploits- and illustrate the realm of possible.

5. To share my joy and heartache with like-minded owners, and support them in their hour(s) of need.

6. To smile every time I turn the key or slip into the comfortable seats.

7. To faithfully answer and explain every question or comment directed toward my SC. I am her champion, after all.

8. To maintain her at a level which continuously reminds others why this car was something special 20 years ago, and why that idea still applies.

9. To drive her as close to the envelope as she will allow, then coax just a little more. I will
demonstrate my commitment to the artists who made dreams into reality.

10. To appreciate the buffoons who pull alongside of me and clearly outmatch my horsepower. Arriving faster at a destination doesn't necessarily enhance the trip.