SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Might be time for a change.. what do u guys think??

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-02, 05:53 PM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Might be time for a change.. what do u guys think??

I've owned my SC4 for about 4 years now and i love the car. But recently I've been thinking of selling it and getting something a little more sporty. I jus got the car repainted and my bomex kit on and the car looks so beautiful i jus cant stand the thought of parting w/ it. But my friend was in the process of looking at a new car and i bought up the fact that i would be selling it in a years or so. I have a '93 w/ jus under 150k on it. I'm sure the blue book on it now isn't too high but i've put well over 7K in mods and stuff on the car and it still runs great. He asked how much i would be selling it for and I'd probably let in go for 13K which i feel is a fair price seeing how i put so much time and money into my car. So then i started looking for a new car and at first i was leaning toward a sc3 5 speed but those are hard to find. even harder considering i want a '97. So then i pass the honda dealership the other day and saw this beautiful '01 yellow s2000. I probably wouldn't buy that particular one b/c i think they're asking too much but i've been looking on the net and found a couple that seem to be more reasonably priced. What do u guys think i should do. Frankly i would hate leaving the Lexus family b/c this site is like the greatest things since sliced bread but i really want that s2000.

Khang
Old 11-25-02, 07:48 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

i guess it all depends on wat u want and how much u spendin

if u gettin sc3 why not keep the sc4? doesn't make 2 much sense

s2k is cool. i like it. but i also have a feelin it's somethin that wont keep my attention for too long.
Old 11-25-02, 09:07 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHy not keep your Lexus and get another car on the side?
You probably wont sell your Lex for what you want..
It'll be a waste to sell it for cheap
Old 11-25-02, 09:48 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

usually, it doesn't matter how much money you put into the car. most buyers are not interested in mods, and modifications just drop the value of the car. so I would look at the blue book value and subtract from that, and not add. Especially since the car has been repainted, I think it'll just drive people away. Unless you find a kid who wants all these modifications on the car...
Old 11-25-02, 10:03 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Aznteazer & howiedoit are right.....but if you're just 'plain ole tired' of the Lexus then maybe its time to move on

I'm in the same boat,Selling the 4 (Spring03) and Looking for another car to do for next summer...................

Well,Good luck with whatever you decide

Edit: I do plan on staying in the Lexus family with an SC300daily driver..... if I find another 'good' deal
Old 11-25-02, 11:00 PM
JohnnySC
Lexus Test Driver

I actually am in the same boat, except heading in a different direction. Come spring, the SC3 will be sold and I hope to acquire either a 99 LS400 or a 99 BMW 740.
Old 11-25-02, 11:43 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Actually I really like the s2000, its really sporty and fast. However, I cannot imagine trading my SC400 for it. A honda is still a honda. I wouldn't want to down-grade myself from a Lexus to a Honda, even tho Honda makes good cars.

If you truly love your Lexus then you wouldn't let it go. I have considered selling my SC400 many times for a M3, S2000, Integra Type R and a Prelude. However, I just can't stand someone else driving my car because my car is my heart and soul. Its like parting for a long relationship and I can't let it go.

I had many moments with my SC400 and its always been reliable, so therefore, I have return the same favor.

So if you love your car, you wouldn't want to let it go.

Good luck
Old 11-26-02, 12:22 AM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by One HoT SC400

I had many moments with my SC400 and its always been reliable, so therefore, I have return the same favor.

I like that ))
Old 11-26-02, 12:33 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone else considered selling the sc and get a lifted Tacoma? Not too high though...
Old 11-26-02, 03:53 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Legends6spd
if u gettin sc3 why not keep the sc4? doesn't make 2 much sense
I want the sc3 5 speed b/c i want a car that's has better aftermarket support. The SC4 is a nice car and all but I want a car that i can turbo.

Originally posted by Aznteazer
WHy not keep your Lexus and get another car on the side?
You probably wont sell your Lex for what you want..
It'll be a waste to sell it for cheap
Yeah i'd love to keep the car and get the s2000 but financially, it's not gonna happen. i need the money to put toward the new car.

Originally posted by howiedoit
usually, it doesn't matter how much money you put into the car. most buyers are not interested in mods, and modifications just drop the value of the car. so I would look at the blue book value and subtract from that, and not add. Especially since the car has been repainted, I think it'll just drive people away. Unless you find a kid who wants all these modifications on the car...
Yeah i'm aware of that... Sad fact of modding ur car i guess. But i already have a buyer lined up that loves what i've done to the car so i'm sure he'll be willing to pay more. It'll feel weird watching him drive it though.

Thanks for the input.... always know i can count on CL for good advice.
khang
Old 11-26-02, 11:41 AM
Neal Rikal
Pole Position

Unhappy

Keep in mind if you sell your sc you may never find a car as reliable as it. I feel like jesus designed these cars they are so strong. try making your s2000's bmw's etc run past 350k....

Last edited by Neal Rikal; 11-26-02 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-26-02, 12:45 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Neal Rikal
Keep in mind if you sell your sc you may never find a car as reliable as it. I feel like jesus designed these cars they are so strong. try making your s2000's bmw's etc run past 350k....
that was a stupid thing to say.
Old 11-26-02, 01:58 PM
kendogger2002
Rookie

Well i just bought my sc300, but if anything, id promise myself my next car will be a 94-98 TT six spd supra baby!!!!
Old 11-26-02, 04:51 PM
SDSC300
Lead Lap

Originally posted by kendogger2002
Well i just bought my sc300, but if anything, id promise myself my next car will be a 94-98 TT six spd supra baby!!!!
what about the 93.5 supra?
Old 11-26-02, 06:01 PM
kendogger2002
Rookie

hahaha well, if i HAAAVE to, haha i rather get a 98..dunno why haha

Quick Reply: Might be time for a change.. what do u guys think??