Foglights...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-12, 11:25 AM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by raine
97+ fogs go there.

BTW on a side note that isn't genuine Vertex or Vertex Ridge; no Vertex part fits like that
Good enough for me, when I get into an accident and need a replacement. The only fitment problem is the wheel wells where they bulge out. The gap in the front is actually the hood. The center factory latch doesn't even lock down.

The bodykit is all fiberglass. The fenders are the vertex looking aero fenders, that single side vent.. What company makes the fakes?

The guy took it to what I thought was a good body shop to have the install done and painted. When he told me and showed me the car, I couldnt believe it. That shop usually do major custom bodywork... cut everything off, fabricate stuff.
Old 10-12-12, 11:35 AM
raine
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TheAzn
Good enough for me, when I get into an accident and need a replacement. The only fitment problem is the wheel wells where they bulge out. The gap in the front is actually the hood. The center factory latch doesn't even lock down.

The bodykit is all fiberglass. The fenders are the vertex looking aero fenders, that single side vent.. What company makes the fakes?

The guy took it to what I thought was a good body shop to have the install done and painted. When he told me and showed me the car, I couldnt believe it. That shop usually do major custom bodywork... cut everything off, fabricate stuff.
Lots of companies make copy/fake/backpour Vertex body parts, usually named something unoriginal like "V-Type" or "V-Design" or "V-Speed" or "V-Something"... just go to ebay and search for "SC300 body kit" and you'll see just how many different copies there are of that design. The Vertex kit is probably the most cloned of them all for the last what - 6 years or so, ever since the first D1 came to the U.S.

Before you buy fog lights, are there even mounting tabs on that front bumper for fogs? The clones don't have them from what I've seen; if you're doesn't then it won't be a simple bolt-on job
Old 10-12-12, 12:49 PM
sr71b
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw that red sc for sale on CL i knew the kit was a knock off
Old 10-12-12, 05:53 PM
TheAzn
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Theres tabs for the fogs it looks like but no holes.