SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What rims would look good in you guys' opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-12, 07:06 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

If you're gonna try and get cheap wheels then I would just get Varrstoen rims. Modding your car is an expensive hobby, so I think you should just save up for what you really want rather than buy something that's cheap and is w/e to you.
Old 10-17-12, 08:01 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
you can get some supra tt wheels with tires for around 700, or some g35 rims also for around that also. i ran both of these fairly recently and they both look great on the sc
If I can find some ill will consider it. I would want to paint them black tho. I just think black looks so good with this color
Old 10-17-12, 08:04 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
If you're gonna try and get cheap wheels then I would just get Varrstoen rims. Modding your car is an expensive hobby, so I think you should just save up for what you really want rather than buy something that's cheap and is w/e to you.
I dont know I may save up a bit more. But I was under the impression Varrstoen's were really expensive!
Old 10-17-12, 10:03 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Stick with 18's for sure if ur worried about damaging them. Xxr has nice cheap wheels
Old 11-08-12, 01:56 PM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by S0ulTuner
I dont know I may save up a bit more. But I was under the impression Varrstoen's were really expensive!
If you think Varrstoens are expensive wait until you see the price tag on some real original wheels.

I live in MN too and I'll tell right now it'll be hard to find any wheels at all since winter is fast approaching. The roads are not too bad you just have to know your route and learn how to drive sideways through speed bumps and driveways. I use to live in So Cal and the roads are worse there. They have speed HUMPS and super deep driveways.

***Edit: I'm selling my wheels BTW but for $800 with spacers for a flush fitment or $1000 with tires.
Old 11-08-12, 05:28 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by S0ulTuner
They're still around 1k or so, but that's still pretty cheap for wheels. These ARE still replicas/knock off wheels, I've been seeing good feedback from them though. Don't expect them to be super durable, you should baby them as you would with any wheels.
Old 11-08-12, 09:32 PM
S0ulTuner
Driver

Originally Posted by Midengtoy
If you think Varrstoens are expensive wait until you see the price tag on some real original wheels.

I live in MN too and I'll tell right now it'll be hard to find any wheels at all since winter is fast approaching. The roads are not too bad you just have to know your route and learn how to drive sideways through speed bumps and driveways. I use to live in So Cal and the roads are worse there. They have speed HUMPS and super deep driveways.

***Edit: I'm selling my wheels BTW but for $800 with spacers for a flush fitment or $1000 with tires.
I believe I saw your SC on craigslist actually! but thanks, ill keep yours in mind. Im worried about even affording this car really so I have alot to figure out now

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
They're still around 1k or so, but that's still pretty cheap for wheels. These ARE still replicas/knock off wheels, I've been seeing good feedback from them though. Don't expect them to be super durable, you should baby them as you would with any wheels.
thats crazy how 1g is cheap, I cant really wrap my head around that. im still pretty new to the tuner scene. ive had to sc's and a celica but never did alot ever
Old 11-08-12, 10:20 PM
Axmily
Lead Lap

yea 1k is cheap. my buddy bought a set of iss forged for his isf and with tires I think he paid around 5k
Old 11-09-12, 12:27 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,249 Likes on 869 Posts

Supra TT rims, honestly. Painted or chrome. I prefer the factory painted finish but to each his or her own. I got mine for $450. 17" is as much wheel as an SC needs unless you're going to use bigger brakes than TT/LS up front. Width is the biggest thing. I wouldn't use less than a 9.5" rim in the rear and no less tread width than 255mm-275mm back there.

Those wheels have always looked the most classic to me on an SC, second only to the BBS LM but those aren't "budget" rims by any means.

Barring both of those, I vote for five-spokes no matter what you decide on because no matter what the make of wheel or vehicle they are on they always seem to have a timeless and sporty look. SC's aren't an exception to this.
Old 11-09-12, 01:43 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

not to bash or give you the "im super old " talk but,

get your education, get a job, then worry about modding your car. until then invest that money or put it aside for times in which something might go wrong with your car since it sounds like your daily driver.
Old 11-09-12, 01:44 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

LOLLLL......coming from the guy with mike wazowski as his avatar...lol
Old 11-09-12, 04:43 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
you can get some supra tt wheels with tires for around 700, or some g35 rims also for around that also. i ran both of these fairly recently and they both look great on the sc
Bingo what you said. I say some of those and paint them black and toss them on there. A lot of rubber and you will be golden. Jmo.
Old 11-09-12, 11:59 AM
JZZ30ger
Rookie

Originally Posted by greens14
not to bash or give you the "im super old " talk but,

get your education, get a job, then worry about modding your car. until then invest that money or put it aside for times in which something might go wrong with your car since it sounds like your daily driver.
/130% signed

it's no fun to "mod" a car without a decent budget. Care about the maintenance first. It's more important to have a 100% save and good running car instead of some baller wheels under a rattling rust bucked.