SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Newest member of #teamvossen! :D My SC300 had a mini-makeover...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-12, 10:47 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty nice, normally I don't like monoblock :P
Old 10-26-12, 03:19 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks even better
Old 10-26-12, 06:01 AM
SCary400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels look good, I think I still prefer the Stance though, the lip sets them apart. They have both the concave look you want and a nice lip (due to the spoke design).

Why did you decide to go with the Vossens? Especially with such a subtle change.

Overall, very nice SC you have there.
Old 10-26-12, 07:56 AM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
Done right.
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by DONT SLEEP
Wow amazing pics... I really love those wheels and actually I know the guy with the Vossens on that E55... I believe Craig is his name.. know him from the MBWorld forums. Small world!
Thanks, I can't wait to take new pictures with the Vossens! And from what the shop said, the car puts down like 600-700hp, which is insane, haha.

Originally Posted by sr71b
i liked the stance wheels just a tad bit more, with the lip and the spokes concaving at the ends. But clean car either way, the lip came out great.
I like both wheels a lot, the Stance wheels popped with the chrome lip, but even after only 2 days on the Vossens, the ride is much better, which could be from a better shop balancing them, or the Stance wheels were not balanced properly. My steering wheel would vibrate like crazy past 70mph, got the car up to 85-90mph coming home and smooth as silk.

Originally Posted by Vossen Wheels
What are you waiting for? Go take some pictures! Those CV3's look great on there! Little stretch on those tires, but the fitment looks good!
Soon! Pictures coming this weekend!

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
clean car, and very nice shots
Thanks!

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
For a second there I thought they're the same wheels... Looks good!
Lol, I know I know, a lot of people have said that, they are very similar... and thanks!

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
I love both wheels. I'm a huge fan of concave wheels. Out of curiosity what are you doing with the stance wheels?
Me too, obviously and not sure yet. I sold my OEM 16's, so these are the closest thing I have to spares at the moment, probably going to keep them for a little bit, unless I get a good offer for them

Originally Posted by theory5150
Wheels look nice. Please lower your car more (like an inch all around maybe more in the rear.)

Im not talking about "slamming" it or making it dumped so don't freak out about functionality or whatnot but your car would look so much better a tad lower. IMHO the 19's look too big with that amount of gap
We'll see, I like having an equal drop front and rear, the car's factory rake does that. The fenders would need to be rolled to go any lower, as I could just fit my finger in the gap. I would like to have the rear a little lower, but I'm not sure how it wold look if I only dropped the rear. Plus, the current camber I have isn't ruining the tires or wearing them too unevenly, so we'll see

Originally Posted by eyeSOARER6
more drop in the rear and you are money.
Haha, everyone seems to think so

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Very cool wheels. Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Can't wait to share some more, lol

Originally Posted by boostinsc
eh they look similar to the stance rims
Stance were reps of the CV3's and everyone thought I had Vossens previously

Originally Posted by Durrby
Nice! Next upgrade........bigger brakes!!!
haha! I know, the factory ones look tiny now!

Originally Posted by Kira X
The new wheels look awesome!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
WOW! Some nice shots! I loved the wheels you first had, but after seeing the second set...those won me over!
Hahaha, me too! The 10" rears look so much bigger and deeper than the 9.5"s I had, I love it!

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
Pretty nice, normally I don't like monoblock :P

Originally Posted by kez
Looks even better
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by SCary400
Wheels look good, I think I still prefer the Stance though, the lip sets them apart. They have both the concave look you want and a nice lip (due to the spoke design).

Why did you decide to go with the Vossens? Especially with such a subtle change.

Overall, very nice SC you have there.
I know, that lip was the defining feature and popped, I wish the Vossen's had a polished face, like the new CV7/CV5/CV4's do. And I went with these because they were the wheel I originally wanted, and everyone would say "nice vossens" and I would have to tell them they were reps. Plus, I'm helping out Mike and the company with some part time marketing work, so it would be a conflict of interest to rep the company with replica wheels, haha.
Old 10-26-12, 01:49 PM
SCary400
Driver

Ahh, I will be the first to say that I am no wheel expert, so on that I had no idea the Stance were reps of Vossen.
Old 10-26-12, 08:35 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SCary400
Ahh, I will be the first to say that I am no wheel expert, so on that I had no idea the Stance were reps of Vossen.
Yeah, they hopped on the concave bandwagon after the CV3's were released. Nothing wrong with that, but they were styled very similarly as you can see, haha.
Old 10-27-12, 12:17 AM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks nice and clean
Old 10-28-12, 06:06 PM
ScBouncE
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

This is Very Nice indeed.
Old 10-28-12, 06:59 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

One quick edit from the Stone Mountain Luxury Meet today. I'll post more as I edit them!

Last edited by BSanders22; 10-28-12 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-28-12, 07:51 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious but which wheel was lighter? I'm glad you got the Vossen, I have never liked the Stance replica lol.
Old 10-28-12, 10:11 PM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Just curious but which wheel was lighter? I'm glad you got the Vossen, I have never liked the Stance replica lol.
Vossens definitely feel lighter. Not sure what the exact weight difference is, but after moving the wheels and boxes around, I noticed the Stance wheels felt heavier. And I am too, I still like the SC5's but I love the design of the CV3's so much, and I got tired of correcting people who thought they were Vossen wheels... lol
Old 10-28-12, 10:30 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts

car is super clean,,,,your car re assures me that going with the 97+ kit was the right move
Old 10-28-12, 10:34 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Just so you know

When I saw the first pic, I said "DAMN" out loud.

I like.
Old 10-29-12, 09:56 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

They do indeed look great, but the others look better in my opinion. They both look great, but something about the originals look better. NO offense to anyone on here who has them.. Your car is beautiful and done right from head to toe!!!
Old 10-29-12, 10:33 AM
jav@vossen
Former Vendor

Love it.

Quick Reply: Newest member of #teamvossen! :D My SC300 had a mini-makeover...