SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Newest member of #teamvossen! :D My SC300 had a mini-makeover...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-12, 07:35 AM
jmwmnl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the wheel specs (offset front and rear) and tire specs?
Thanks,
J
Old 11-25-12, 08:33 AM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
Came out great man, they sure look good on your car.

Love this....

Thanks Diego!

Originally Posted by nuturf87
Thats a good idea if you claybar it.... it wont hurt at all, actually it will pull out all blemishes and water spots hidden in the paint. I think it will look sleek. Go for it! lol. Its easier with the thread. BTW you planning on going boost? or swap?
I just need to look into how to do it, lol. I've never used it before! And I'm working on a build thread! And honestly, I'm not planning on it. As much as I'd like to, I know I don't have the knowledge of how to do it, or the time/funds to pour into it. Maybe further down the road when I have a better job/more free time, but as of now, I'm just enjoying it as is!

Originally Posted by jmwmnl
Do you have the wheel specs (offset front and rear) and tire specs?
Thanks,
J
Wheels are 19x8.5 with 225/35/19 and 19x10 with 245/35/19's, e.t. +28/+33

Whatcha think guys? 19x10's all around? decided to test fit the 10's up front while I had the wheels off to put on the new red logo centercaps...

Old 11-25-12, 08:49 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I like both wheels and the difference is an individual taste thing.
I don't agree Stance are replica's or knoock-offs of Vossen cause to me, they would have to be an exact copy....and they are not.
I think the Vossens are more versatile. I would put just a hint of red somewhere on the wheels for a more custom look. Not much, maybe a thin stripe in the barrel or maybe the center cap. Something to make them pop a little more.
The Stance already have pop with that chrome, stainless steel lip.

The car looks nice though. Needs a body kit around the sides and rear to match the front lip though.
Old 11-25-12, 09:50 AM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ice350
I like both wheels and the difference is an individual taste thing.
I don't agree Stance are replica's or knoock-offs of Vossen cause to me, they would have to be an exact copy....and they are not.
I think the Vossens are more versatile. I would put just a hint of red somewhere on the wheels for a more custom look. Not much, maybe a thin stripe in the barrel or maybe the center cap. Something to make them pop a little more.
The Stance already have pop with that chrome, stainless steel lip.

The car looks nice though. Needs a body kit around the sides and rear to match the front lip though.
They're not a knock-off, but the Stance were a very similarly designed wheel. I love both, and still have the SC5's in my basement, haha.
As for the touch of red, how about these? pardon the dirt, I took these before washing it the other day lol also have a few more lugs coming as my old tuner locks barely fit in the cv3's...

And I know, ideally I'd love to do the Shine sides and rear, as I'm not a huge fan of any other lip kits available. But for now it's fine as is. One day when I can afford to have the body work done and it painted, I'll splurge and have it done
Old 11-25-12, 11:29 AM
RoyallyGrn
Driver School Candidate

You ever find a hood? Me and your Dad were emailing back and forth then nothing. But Im loving your car man. Its probably one of the only red cars I would own. And yours is super clean. Not slammed on the floor but just looks right. And very well taken care of. I liked your stances but the Vossens look great on there. Keep up the good work man.
Old 11-26-12, 07:45 AM
BSanders22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RoyallyGrn
You ever find a hood? Me and your Dad were emailing back and forth then nothing. But Im loving your car man. Its probably one of the only red cars I would own. And yours is super clean. Not slammed on the floor but just looks right. And very well taken care of. I liked your stances but the Vossens look great on there. Keep up the good work man.
Nope And if he didn't respond, I'm sorry! I'm hoping I can come across one that's red or would need less work. The hail damage doesn't show in pictures, but its an eye sore in person, lol. But I've dealt with it for this long, so I'm being patient. and thanks! Thats exactly what I'm going for, nothing extreme, I don't need to be on the popular stance blogs or ruin a perfectly good car for internet popularity. And I love both wheels a lot. I've got another set of Vossens in mind come spring time though.....
Old 11-26-12, 08:44 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

I am looking at getting a set of cv3's so where would I go about ordering some? 19" I think however I really need to figure out tire size and offset etc.
Old 11-26-12, 03:56 PM
RoyallyGrn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BSanders22
Nope And if he didn't respond, I'm sorry! I'm hoping I can come across one that's red or would need less work. The hail damage doesn't show in pictures, but its an eye sore in person, lol. But I've dealt with it for this long, so I'm being patient. and thanks! Thats exactly what I'm going for, nothing extreme, I don't need to be on the popular stance blogs or ruin a perfectly good car for internet popularity. And I love both wheels a lot. I've got another set of Vossens in mind come spring time though.....
Its all good. I understand. Finding a red one would probably be best. I really can see anything in your hoods. You car looks perfect in pictures. Another set of wheels in the spring??? I wish i had kind of money to spend. Im sure it will look great though.