SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Sc300 engine tare down/ rebuild/ maybe turbo/ pic heavy :D

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-12, 12:32 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sc300 engine tare down/ rebuild/ maybe turbo/ pic heavy :D

I have a 95 sc300 with alot of miles lol 270,7xx miles hahaha anywho I just bought it an I'm pulling the motor to at least freshening up bearings and rings and valve seals, not that it needed it be cause it ran fine but I figured preventive measures are the smartes

Btw this engine looks better than my GTE from pooprastore which had "20k miles" on it an showed up with every seal blown and ever clip on the harness broken also a faulty starter SO moral of the story is if your thinking about going GTE you Otta just buy a GE for a few hundred instead of a GTE for a few thousand

Anywho on to the pics

Engine on a nifty wooden crate that came with my other 2jz

Clean as can be

Heads up .... I mean off

Just from looking it appears cyl 2 have a leaky valve seal

On the stand

Last edited by 2jttz; 01-21-17 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 12:34 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Oil pan off and some quick inspection photos

Down to the mid pan

Fack pots and pans anybody want some crank

Why do they have to use weird **** on just the main and rod caps !!!

Went and borrowed a socket set..... Lolz "Seems legit" hmm I wonder what size my rod bolts where anyone wanna take a guess? Haha

Anywho I finally got the ***** out

Old 11-24-12, 12:35 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

GTE and GE side by side haha what a joke (yes I know they are the same)

Pile-o-boxes

Cough cough cough

keep checking in for more updates!! It might even acquire a cute little turbo before this whole ordeal is over

Last edited by 2jttz; 01-21-17 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 12:37 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

If anyone is interested I could do a separate post showing side by side pics of the GTE pistons and GE pistons also I could do a side by side of the head and cams just lemme know

Last edited by 2jttz; 11-24-12 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 12:38 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Saved for pics also
Old 11-24-12, 03:09 PM
lsk95sc300
Driver School Candidate

Are you going to use the GTE head or the GE head....
well good luck and keep the pics coming..
Old 11-24-12, 03:16 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

damn doing a lot of good work. nice to see how the inside of a 2jz looks
Old 11-24-12, 03:49 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Talking

Woot! Another member in the Midnight Indigo Pearl club! Lol I hope you don't plan on changing your body color! Good start man!
Old 11-24-12, 05:02 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lsk95sc300
Are you going to use the GTE head or the GE head....
well good luck and keep the pics coming..
Ahh the GTE is going in this bad boy
hopefully around mid to end of december looking for around 850hp so probably around 800hp realistically

& Ill be utilizing the ge head with the TT head gasket, ill also be running the aristo TT ecu, Injectors, tt aristo auto trans, maybe intake depending out how much shimming and welding I wanna do. Ill also be running Coil On Plug but idk if I want to use my TT coils or maybe some lq9 coils... Iv even thought about 1uzfe coils due to the fact they don't require an external ignitor if I recall correctly BUT all in all I'd like to have the sc3 around 350-420hp and ill be dd that and the g

Last edited by 2jttz; 01-21-17 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 05:06 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Woot! Another member in the Midnight Indigo Pearl club! Lol I hope you don't plan on changing your body color! Good start man!
Haha is that what they call it? And I want to but the front needs paint, I only payed 1300 for her but I'm not sure if I wanna retain factory color or if I wanna do it black, but just for shots and grins I might have it done in flat velvet red this winter

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
damn doing a lot of good work. nice to see how the inside of a 2jz looks
Hey thanks bud I appreciate the kind words
Old 11-24-12, 05:57 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Default alright guys so more pics

Some good ole pistons

THIS IS WHY YOU GUYS NEED TO GO THROUGH AND DO BEARINGS

even though this engine ran fine before it was taken out this is a good representation of why you should think about doing new bearings if your above 200k miles on your stock bearings
for more examples of why see the following pictures of the bearings, you will notice most of them have wear spots on them or some scuffing, they weren't necessarily bad but most had about 5% life left in them IMO

anywho here is some pics of the oem bearings with 270k miles
Rod #1

Rod#2

Rod#3

Rod#4

Rod#5

Rod#6

Last edited by 2jttz; 11-24-12 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-24-12, 07:44 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice pick up, definitely SUSCRIBED! I'd definitely go with TT or lq9 coils...tried and true, with proven results. You should check out quicksc4's build thread when you get a chance. On a side note: Any plans to redo the valve cover and timing cover? Not sure if I missed this or not? Lastly, welcome to CL.

steve
Old 11-24-12, 07:59 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lilSCsteve
Nice pick up, definitely SUSCRIBED! I'd definitely go with TT or lq9 coils...tried and true, with proven results. You should check out quicksc4's build thread when you get a chance. On a side note: Any plans to redo the valve cover and timing cover? Not sure if I missed this or not? Lastly, welcome to CL.

steve
why thanks steve, this is a nice community to be apart of yall are very nice an helpful !!

also the reason im abit hesitant on the TT coils are that they have a little hiccup around 5400 rpm under boost well on the gte anyways...... me no like hiccups i probably go lq9!!

and no honestly i like the lexus cover i mean ill be repainting the cover but i im going to use the stock lexus one i mean its not a supra nor will it be twin charged, so i cant justify using the supra/aristo cover if the benefits are only aesthetic no offence if any of ya'll are running the supra cover

and ok ill run over and check out his build right quick thanks dooood i appreciate the response !!

Last edited by 2jttz; 01-21-17 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-29-12, 04:46 PM
2jttz
Driver School Candidate

Update Just got done honing the cylinders!!
Here are some pics I also have a questionable cyl for those of you with experience

This is the questionable one if has the usual wear mark from the rings but I can feel the wear mark from the old rings with a finger nail is this bad? If so can I correct it? Thanks (right on the center for those of you whom aren't seeing the wear line)

Here are the rest of them

Old 12-04-12, 07:35 AM
FastCarsBG
Rookie

what hone did you use on the cylinders? It looks like you used a ridged style hone. I know it is hard to tell by the pictures but there is no pattern in the cylinders. As for the ridge, it is NOT a good thing. also with that many miles you may want to check for taper. The way to do that is with a dial bore gauge. You can actually buy a cheap on at some harbor freight tool places. If you are going to do more engine builds in the future they are good to have in your tool box. They will allow you to measure all the way down the bore. They will also let you know the clearance of the rod and main bearing when you install the new ones. (VERY important when higher rpm's are involved!) I know everybody is saying "it worked for 270k, just put new stock bearing in and it will be fine!" Maybe it will. ALWAYS better to know what the clearance 's are! Also a dingle-ball hone is the best way to go for "deglazing" the cylinders. You can buy them from NAPA and will help with the ridge line in the one cylinder.

Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Sc300 engine tare down/ rebuild/ maybe turbo/ pic heavy :D