SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

searching for vis bodykit

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-02, 12:27 AM
RiceFx306
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pics of the fitment of the kit before modification...

Old 12-23-02, 07:09 AM
quadoptix
Rookie

Default whats up peeps my 2 cents

i dont know y u some of u guys are jumping mad at VIS. I've been screwed many times in the past with my other car, and all i have to say is "u get what you pay for" its a $650 kit. The bomex kit is well over a grand at retail, and that should be enough said about quality. 2nd, the kit is a copy, so that means its only going to be as good as the condition of the original. If the kit they used to make the mold was messed up, guess what? the kit they are going to produce is going to be messed up. I sell parts and what not, so i know how it is. I have customers all the time that ask me for this and that and i tell them a price, in fact, its a pretty good deal, but they would rather get knock off this or knock off that, and in the long run, they get screwed. I really dont care who buys from me because its a hobby for me. Im a car enthusiast like the next guy trying to helpe people reach the goal they have in mind with their car, but they all like to call me and complain. "this shop did a crap job that shop screwed me on this n that". I tell them that thats whatu get for trying to go cheap. In all respect, you guys drive lexus'. not hondas. so please realize you guys are driving a car more upscale than others and do everything the right way. Hell, when i get my sc, im getting a bomex kit also =) Its my fav, I know you guys like the vertex kit, and by all means, get the real one...y? you might spend another grand or more for it, but the quality is well worth it. My previous ride was a rav4. I had the real bomex kit on it and let me tell u, the quality is top notch for being fiberglass. I hit a lot of things on the road with my kit and never once did it crack. Im glad i spend the money and bought the real kit even though VIS made the bootleg and sells it half price. I guess the point im trying to get across is, if you want top notch, pay the price.
Mike
PS yeah i know im a newbie i stumbled across this forum a couple days ago andi finally signed up. i like how you guys run these forums...its pretty clean.
Old 12-23-02, 12:22 PM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quadopix you bring up so many true points. But, I know lots of people that have bought knock off's before some good some bad. But, what get's me about VIS is that they will tell you over the phone all lies to every question you ask and then when you get the product and call them back (to ask them why they lied to all your questions) they hang up on you or put you on hold for ever till you hang up. So, yes you do get what you pay for but what you shouldn't have to get is rudeness, unprofessionalism, and arrogance (ALL OF WHICH SHOULD BE VIS'S MADO). If your gonna sell a piece of ***** kit then at least have the professionalism and show courtesy to your customers, maybe if they did, people would just suck it up and go pay triple the price to put the piece of junk on their car.
Old 12-23-02, 09:03 PM
quadoptix
Rookie

Default yep yep

i totally feel u on the points you are making. Heres the thing. VIS is a business, and all business are in it to make money. By all means i have nothing against that. With their phone support, i know where they go wrong. If you have really been to their place, they are waaayyyy understaffed for how much work is involved. That and their peeps dont get paid THAT much, so my motto when it comes to part time jobs are "you can only care as much as you get paid". VIS moves quantity, and they dont look at each individual order with care. If you dont order from them they really dont care if you haven't noticed their attitude. They hold the molds for many of the hard to find knock offs, so its either order from them, or dont order at all. If you guys want the bootleg vertex kits so bad i can get them for you from vis. I sell parts on the side, and dont mind dealing with them since i know them already so you guys dont have to handle the bull***** they give you. Just give me an email and ill get u guys prices. i know this forum has rules against "advertising", but hell if u guys want it so bad let me know. AND NO, it wont be a perfect fit. Thats what bootleg kits are about. cool peeps?
Mike
Old 01-18-03, 04:20 PM
joeyc2
Lead Lap

i hate VIS.
Old 01-19-03, 04:41 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol joey what happened?

Last edited by E39; 01-20-03 at 01:36 AM.
Old 01-20-03, 01:31 AM
Bladez42598
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. SC4 take a guess at why he hates VIS. I thought of more than a handful of reasons before I even finished reading his 5 word post...
Old 01-20-03, 01:36 AM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

lol
Old 02-09-03, 08:56 PM
Grimpy
Lexus Test Driver

If you are still looking for a VIS bodykit, please check out this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=vis+kit

I can get you a new one for $700 shipped to the 48 states...

Last edited by E39; 02-10-03 at 12:51 AM.