SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Want RideSkinz to produce Clear SC Headlight Lenses? [Post up!]

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-12, 12:00 AM
Bertman
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking to retrofit my headlamps and this couldn't have come at a better time! Super interested in these babies! I'm definitely in for a group buy!
Old 12-12-12, 04:29 PM
gldndrgn14
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in, I have a few sets of headlights I have been slowly clearing for almost a year on spare time so I would rather have these.

Also, I have seperated 97 UP fog lights with all of the adhesives removed for rdl&d if y'all need. Let me know.
Old 12-12-12, 06:56 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
YES. That would be great to have a set of 97-00 Fogs to work with. Can you send them to Southern California?
Also, will you expect them back, or can RideSkinz possibly use them for mold making purposes which might in the process ruin them... Either way, I would pay shipping- if you have a Paypal account, or something of the sort.

Thanks for trying to help the cause! I'm sure everyone will appreciate it! I'm not sure what your situation is, but if you have the Lowbeam inner and back housings as well already apart on a set of lights that might be a big help as well; Send a PM and lets discuss the possibilities!
already talked to Tony...Told him if he needed to test fit then or fogs n hi' s to Lmk . since I'm like 50 min from him n drive by fairly often.
Old 12-12-12, 07:20 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
already talked to Tony...Told him if he needed to test fit then or fogs n hi' s to Lmk . since I'm like 50 min from him n drive by fairly often.
Great. Thanks xxtoobsxx! RideSkinz is running the logistics- Anyone that can offer some assistance (Donation of 92-94 and 95-96 Fogs possibly?) would really help the cause. [Especially considering that certain lights take precedence and probably wont be made for a long while (If at all) unless they are readily available for testing!] Just a thought.

Contact Tony @RideSkinz if you would like to help; I'm sure you'll get recognition by all the happy customers for your donation; as well- I can imagine a discount being given on the first set of completed lenses for whoever donates- but that is a bit of conjecture; Give Tony a PM!

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 12-16-12 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-12-12, 07:47 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Forget the '92-'96 fog lights people. It wouldn't look good anyways, trust me. Let's just stick with the oval~shaped~lights.

If y'all need headlights to use for mold, let me know, I have 2 headlights here that I won't be using, left and right too. Looking forward in how this will turn out.
Old 12-12-12, 08:49 PM
skirts
Lead Lap

Lets not forget the 92-96 people. Our fogs need help as well. Personally I prefer the 95-96 front.
Old 12-12-12, 09:43 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

I somewhat hate to bring this up, but since we are now dealing with a legitimate company, I think all is well:
Here's what the inside of the 92-96 fogs, as well as the 97-00 fogs look like. This is from the aborted TopHat 2008 fiasco.
[Atleast everyone can now visualize what "might" be possible if a legitimate company takes over and makes a quality product!]:

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 12-12-12 at 09:50 PM.
Old 12-12-12, 10:01 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

What exactly are we looking at in that last pic?
Old 12-12-12, 11:13 PM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
What exactly are we looking at in that last pic?
+1, This thing looks like a potato
Old 12-13-12, 07:12 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Guys,

My fabricator finally separated them and the Supermades are on their way out today to RideSkinz. I am also sending one OEM High Beam that I have laying around for them to look at for R&D. If they move forward with them, then I can send him my set of Ebay ones if he wants to move forward. Regarding the fogs, mine are brand new, so I am not sacrificing those. So if xxtoobsxx can come through with the fogs, that would finish it off. As far as continuing to add more and more projects to this, I think we should slow down...It takes time and work to get these projects off the ground and to completion. Let's not keep adding and confuse the issue here...A clear set of quality SC Low beam headlight lenses and perhaps the high beams also. The fogs would be a real bonus, but should be after. IMHO...

Ryan
Old 12-13-12, 09:41 AM
ASTERiSK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds good man
Old 12-13-12, 11:48 AM
gldndrgn14
Pole Position

I have a set of headlights taken apart and completely cleaned out all the adhesive as much as possible on both the lenses and the housing.

also the set of fog lights which is done the same.

I can also open a set of the high beams, but all mine are glass not plastic.

I can send them in if they are willing to do something with me and would probably need the housings back. let me know if you need my sets or somebody else will cover it.
Old 12-14-12, 05:47 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i care more about the headlight lenses. possible the fog light lenses too. i'd rather score some glass high beams to be honest. only takes a year or 2 for the lights to start yellowing.
Old 12-15-12, 02:00 PM
DallasSC
Rookie

Any timeline updates for the headlight lenses?
Old 12-15-12, 03:39 PM
Porter92
Rookie

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Great. Thanks xxtoobsxx! I'll let RideSkinz run the logistics- Anyone that can offer some assistance (Donation of 92-94 and 95-96 Fogs possibly?) would really help the cause. [Especially considering that certain lights take precedence and probably wont be made for a long while (If at all) unless they are readily available for testing!] Just a thought.

Contact Tony @RideSkinz if you would like to help; I'm sure you'll get recognition by all the happy customers for your donation; as well- I can imagine a discount being given on the first set of completed lenses for whoever donates- but that is a bit of conjecture; Give Tony a PM!

I may be able to help with the 92-94, I'm thinking about buying some halo's for the time being as my current headlights are starting to get quite yellow. I looked into buying some stock headlights from the dealership and they were asking $722/EACH. A little ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Want RideSkinz to produce Clear SC Headlight Lenses? [Post up!]