SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Stripper Gave Me A Lexus, Bought 1JZ Front Clip For It Today

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-12, 02:41 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a live! Congrats again...and if you're interested, I have a 01 RX 300 steering wheel with airbag for sale? It's in the for sale thread, or pm me if interested?

steve
Old 01-01-13, 02:41 AM
greens14
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BangarangX

Obviously the your opinion of this person you have never met is quite low, but she's actually a pretty decent human being. It's no big deal though. She's not my wife or my girlfriend, so there's really no need to send the thousand armies of Persia against you.
I like your thought process; so which company did you order the front clip from and how'd it look when you opened it up?
Old 01-01-13, 06:45 AM
BangarangX
Driver School Candidate

I happened to have the good fortune of discovering this clip here at a local shop. The guy goes to Japan himself and arranges shipments. So, it was already here in front of my face before I ever put the first dollar down. The clip has obviously not been cleaned or prepped in any way, and it looks nearly clean enough to eat off of. Whoever owned this car before its untimely death really cared for it.

I am especially excited about the digital cluster. That one threw me for a loop. I was told that nobody ever wanted those things until recently. I sure as hell do.
Old 01-01-13, 07:11 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That's awesome. It seems everything is working out for you with this build so far... Lets get busy today.. Everyone seems to be off and at home.
Old 01-01-13, 08:35 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get the clip from jdm tech? That's where I bought mine.
Old 01-01-13, 09:00 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

i got mine from JDM tech as well.

i knew it! there is a condensor fan on the JDM models. i wonder why USDM sc300's didnt get a fan on the condensor
Old 01-01-13, 11:18 AM
BangarangX
Driver School Candidate

That's the greatest mystery in the world to me. It has long been a tenet of luxury cars equipped with mechanical clutch fans to have generally a pair or single bad *** forward electric fan(s) to super-circulate air through the condenser for maximum AC performance.

The LS400 had them. Something lost in translation, I guess.
Old 01-01-13, 11:41 AM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Hopefully they can get that digital cluster to work for u. I've heard they require too much effort to make it work that's its not worth in in the end. but it would def be cool to see
Old 01-01-13, 11:50 AM
BangarangX
Driver School Candidate

I already told them to get it to work by any means necessary. I could live with this:

Old 01-01-13, 12:34 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cut out your firewall and use the one from the clip. RHD
Old 01-01-13, 01:07 PM
wirelesstj
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BangarangX
I already told them to get it to work by any means necessary. I could live with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdPaFnpesGY
its like a spaceship lol
Old 01-01-13, 01:22 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I would go ahead and convert it to RHD since you have all the parts sitting right there. Also, it should have JDM folding mirrors with all wiring, possibly(?)

To get the gas guage on that Soarer cluster working you will need the fuel sending unit from the Soarer- or some similar sounding name/part, I can't remember at the moment- but from what I read a long time ago you will need that to get it to read how much gas is in the tank w/the digital cluster.
Old 01-01-13, 02:13 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Don't bother with the right hand drive thing it's just a novelty trust me I know because I had a JDM right hand drive car and the novelty wears off after a little bit.

Last edited by xspsi6; 01-01-13 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-01-13, 02:31 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

^ I agree with xspsi6. There are a lot of JDM right hand drive cars in Vancouver (and Canada for that matter), and after driving a bunch of them, its a pain in the butt more than anything. Police are all over you, turning Left is a pain, etc etc. I always wanted a Soarer but would rather just do a 2JZ swap and be happy.
Old 01-01-13, 04:21 PM
BangarangX
Driver School Candidate

Not going right hand drive, gentlemen, but I did pick up the power folding mirrors today, and the mirror lenses are getting changed out so they correctly work with the LHD chassis.

When all is said and done, a friend of mine is paying me $800 for the remainder of the clip, so skipping RHD is also going to save me some change.

I frequently find myself between here, Belle Glade, and also Tampa. Lots of 2-lane passing. Not trying to be on the wrong side of the car when I try to pull those maneuvers.

Trying to figure out what clutch I am going to pick up. I have alot of experience with the ACT 6-puck/sprung-hub, and never had a problem with it, but there is definitely a lot more on the market than I remember. Doing a forum search on this matter right now.

Edit: OS Giken Triple-Disc Carbon ordered. I really wanted the Tilton, but we'll save the $6000 clutch for another day, perhaps.

Last edited by BangarangX; 01-01-13 at 04:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Stripper Gave Me A Lexus, Bought 1JZ Front Clip For It Today