SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Under-valued & Under-appreciated: The Official Mark-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-17, 06:55 AM
suprarale
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that one can pick up a nice SC for a reasonable price is why many of us like them. We should also enjoy the fact that used parts are relatively cheap. If demand for the car went up, so would the price. Why should one care if others appreciate their car? I am glad they don't. This allows those who like the car to get super clean examples for under 10 grand. The car is flying under the radar which is great for those who really want one.

I wish I could say the same for my Supra. It would be nice to get another one for a good price. Imagine if one could get a clean TT 6spd for under 15K. Would'd that be better than having to pay extra for a car just because so many people want it?

I say shhhhhhhhh. Let the SC be one the best kept secrets in the used car market so we can enjoy them on the cheap.

For me, its like this local/Texas industrial rock band from the 1990's called The Hunger. My brother pointed out that he would rather they remain relatively unknown because cover charge at Rock Island, where they would perform in San Antonio, was only like $10. But the moment they become big, we would have to fork out way more money to see them at the Alamodome.

Conclusion: Instead of hoping your SC will be worth $30 grand, go find the best one you can and have enough money left over for another one.
Old 04-11-17, 10:56 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SEIDO
I like what this guy did ...
The two on the left are mine (black), and my friend Brent's; however the two on the right both belong to this guy we met that day. He bought two SC's having made a good point ... He said that not only did he love the car, and that they're truly great, etc. but also that right now they're affordable enough that for the price of a decent used car ($6000), you could have two reliable SC300's; so that if one needs a replacement part, then A: You could drive the other (if it's bad enough) or B. You could just swap the part to your daily-driver.
So although I'd like our cars to be worth more, knowing what I know about them; there is a nice plus-side to their costing so little.

drive it untill it gets so bad you cant drive it anymore, and this is why 75% of these cars are trashed and worth nothing